• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help with a Pluto pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with a Pluto pin

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
We just received this Pluto bath time pin (pp#77180) on eBay. Does anyone have this pin?

This is the pic from Pinpics:
pin77180

We noticed two errors on the pin. Here is a pic of the pin we just got in:
DSC00340.jpg

The errors are the whites of Pluto's eyes being the same color as his coat, and the handle of the brush showing up on the outside of Mickey's hand. Does anyone have the same errors on their pin, or did we just get a counterfeit? :(

Last edited:
I searched this pin on ebay for current auctions...3 came up. All 3 had the brush error but not the eye color error. Some claim it's on the original card.

If yours came on a card, see if the SKU # (510075) matches up.

Yeah, we did that as well and noticed the match with the brush handle error. Our pin did come on the correct DS backing card and in the DS bag. I'm starting to think the handle error is present throughout the run, but we ended up with an extra error on the eye color. I swear, Disney's quality control has become total crap. :mad:

I noticed that the water above the bone in the dish on you pin has the dark blue color of the bubbles and not the light blue color as noted in the pinpic picture. Triple error?

OK -- we purchased this pin direct from Disney so I just went in my little one's bag to check it out. Interestingly enough, Pluto's eys are correct, and like the one in the pinpics picture (black pupils and white eyes), but our brush handle is on the outside of Mickey's hand just like the one in your second picture!! Again, we ordered ours directly from DS when it first came out -- never noticed the brush error before.

Bruce - I didn't notice that one before, but you are right! Although I think the pic that's on Pinpics is the concept art, and variations like that come up on the actual pins.

Jackie & Casey - Thank you so much for checking yours. So yours looks like the others that are currently listed on ebay. I guess we just got one that had an error on the eyes as well. Has anyone experienced that before? An individual pin from a run with a unique error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back