• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help with a possible counterfeit/scrapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with a possible counterfeit/scrapper.

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I received this pin a while back in what I thought was a great deal:
pin57591

Pin 57591: DisneyShopping.com - Boo to You Spooktacular Mystery Boxed Set (Mickey & Chip 'n Dale Only)

But as I'm learning more and more about how to spot the fakes, I'm going back through my collection to see if I inadvertently picked some up. The example I have, however, does not show any 'classic' signs of being a fake other than some overflow of white enamel between the gap on the fingers of Mickey's left hand (btw, the pic above is from pinpics...haven't taken a pic of the pin in question yet).

The other factors that worry me are: 1) I now know that this pin has turned up on a list of counterfeits for sale, and 2) it was really cheap on everyone's 'favorite' auction site. Two conditions alone that almost have me believing I got duped on this one.

Have any of you out there actually spotted the fake and compared it with a real example? Any tips on what exactly to look for to verify that mine is a fake?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jesse

Last edited:
You really need to take a clear pic of the front and back of the pin so I can see it.
Also, check all of the spelling on the back of the pin.

Until you can post pics, it is hard for me to help you but you can check spelling for now and make sure the proper terms are there.
Like if it said Pixar or Amblin..... That would be a problem as in China they do a lot of cut and paste. When they dont, I guess they dont know what spell check is...lol

Take some pics.

Okay, finally got some pics snapped of the suspect pin. Here is a shot of the front:

DSC_1132.jpg
Notice the white enamel overflow between the fingers at the bottom of the pic.

Here are two shots of the back:

DSC_1125.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

Sorry if the lighting and focus are not the greatest. Let me know if they are not clear enough and I'll try to get some better shots.

Thanks for the help! :)

Your pin is also missing some black in the fib cage area besides the white paint in between the fingers. Behind the left foot of Mickey there appears to be some yellow over run of paint as well and Chips tongue seems to be the same color as the lighter portion of his fur. All of these make me think this is probably a scrapped pin but I do not know for sure just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back