• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
Is there something wrong? I see the outside box with the tear but is the side of the box damaged? It's hard to tell if it is damaged or if the tissue paper is just ripped.

It looked damaged to me, correct me if I'm wrong though!

Someone on one of the facebook groups I'm a part of had their Elsa arrive with a massive puncture in the plastic, I just wonder how this even happens

My doll is in transit! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the green status. I'm hoping everyone else who got tracking numbers today will get a green status update soon if you haven't gotten it already.

Now to just hope that Anna comes in good condition. Cause that would be another disaster.

My doll is in transit! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the green status. I'm hoping everyone else who got tracking numbers today will get a green status update soon if you haven't gotten it already.

Now to just hope that Anna comes in good condition. Cause that would be another disaster.

I also have a green bar on my status page for ups. Thank god. Now here's hoping nothing happens to her in transit.

Is there something wrong? I see the outside box with the tear but is the side of the box damaged? It's hard to tell if it is damaged or if the tissue paper is just ripped.

No, I meant that is literally all that I can see. Nothing else with the doll. :)
I pray to god that there is nothing wrong.
and I'm pretty sure that this tissue paper.

It looked damaged to me, correct me if I'm wrong though!

Someone on one of the facebook groups I'm a part of had their Elsa arrive with a massive puncture in the plastic, I just wonder how this even happens

Please explain to me how that is damaged???!! :anxious:

I have a missing Elsa. My mom ordered an extra set in case mine were damaged or lost, and her Elsa is lost. The UPS scanner is still grey and "processing". She is going to call tomorrow but I am assuming it is too late.

I have a missing Elsa. My mom ordered an extra set in case mine were damaged or lost, and her Elsa is lost. The UPS scanner is still grey and "processing". She is going to call tomorrow but I am assuming it is too late.

Noooooo... I hope you get your Elsa ASAP. I'm looking forward to your reviews!!

Ok, so Just to make it clear.

So How many Elsa's have been lost? And how many Anna's?

So far:
Elsa: 3
lordofanime, Elysions Princess,
Anna: 1
Erica

My Anna is lost as well. It sucks living clear across the country. I was being patient and waiting thinking that my dolls always take forever. When I called today repeatedly, all of the information I could get was that the label was printed but there is no record of a doll leaving the warehouse to my address. They first said that she is all gone, then after repeated hassling they are checking into it and will get back to me if they can locate one. I called UPS and they were able to locate my Elsa (she went halfway across the country, back to New Jersey and is now back on track). I ordered a set for my sister as well and she said she might be willing to let me have the one Anna (hers were misdirected as well, but looks to be en route).

The really crazy thing to me is that the designer dolls have always arrived with no problems. Do you guys notice that more 17" dolls have trouble than designer dolls? Maybe it's just me?

Think it's crazy with these dolls - I really hope it works out with everything. Either the dolls or their replacements arrive to you all safely. I think both of my sets have arrived in Japan. One set has a delivered status, correct last name has signed for them, but the tracker says they were delivered in Osaka, which is 14 hours by car away from the delivery address, but I assume the Osaka warehouse is the closest warehouse so that's just where they are updated. My other set states as in transit, but my father-in-law sent us a picture of the arriving boxes (we have A LOT coming in the past two months after my disney collecting started) and in the hallway there's 4 identical boxes, looking a lot like the boxes I have seen of the LE dolls - so seems like my second set has arrived as well, just not updated on the tracker.

My Anna is lost as well. It sucks living clear across the country. I was being patient and waiting thinking that my dolls always take forever. When I called today repeatedly, all of the information I could get was that the label was printed but there is no record of a doll leaving the warehouse to my address. They first said that she is all gone, then after repeated hassling they are checking into it and will get back to me if they can locate one. I called UPS and they were able to locate my Elsa (she went halfway across the country, back to New Jersey and is now back on track). I ordered a set for my sister as well and she said she might be willing to let me have the one Anna (hers were misdirected as well, but looks to be en route).

The really crazy thing to me is that the designer dolls have always arrived with no problems. Do you guys notice that more 17" dolls have trouble than designer dolls? Maybe it's just me?

Never having bought a designer doll (because I'M WAITING FOR ALICE!!! :p), do they come packaged into another shipping box? Since the LE 17" dolls are shipped from Disney to customer in their original shipping boxes, as opposed to being bundled into another, larger box, my amateur guess would be that's why there are so many issues. If you placed an order of regular, undersized merchandise, the folks at the warehouse would grab each of the items from stock and drop them into a shipping box, blah blah blah, slap a label on, and off it goes. But these, I just picture it being rows and rows and stacks and stacks of these large boxes, and someone just going up and down the row slapping labels on. :p (I'm sure its' slightly more organized than that, but ....) I do think the fact that these dolls do not get "packaged" for shipment has something to do with why there is such chaos with them.

After all we've gone through, a damaged doll would be devastating. We all deserve perfect dolls after this nightmare. Let's think positively.

Tell me about it. I will start flipping tables.

Ok, so Just to make it clear.

So far:
Elsa: 3
lordofanime, Elysions Princess,
Anna: 1
Erica

My Elsa was lost as well, though I now have a replacement on the way.

And the tracking seems to be updating normally as well, so yay for that xD.

So far:
Elsa: 4
lordofanime, Elysions Princess, Crimson Ribbion
Anna: 2
Erica, Meawhite

I have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone who is still having problems!

My Elsa arrived yesterday and my Anna came Wednesday (as you may be able to tell by my avatar), so I'm hoping others will end up having good luck too.

I got my Anna but Elsa is no where to be found and her tracking # hasn't updated :\ Disney is showing my order as "closed" and when I called they said they would "open a case" Greatttt...

I have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone who is still having problems!

My Elsa arrived yesterday and my Anna came Wednesday (as you may be able to tell by my avatar), so I'm hoping others will end up having good luck too.

Your avatar is GENIUS!!! And congrats on receiving your dolls safely!

Fortunately this Elsa was the "spare". My mom has gotten in the habit of ordering a second set in case something happens to mine. So she is missing, which sucks, but if she can help someone else by being THEIR replacement, I am more happy with that! :)

I called Guest Services and they said they will "ship her out" within 2-3 business days. But I am skeptical until she arrives.

my anna is officially lost. I called and DS.com said a replacement was reserved for me and shipped yesterday (this is when I called them yesterday, they said it had shipped.)

I call back today for a tracking # and DS.com says hasnt shipped at all but should be shipped Monday or Tuesday. I willl call back tomorrow

My father-in-law confirmed that 4 packages arrived from UPS Friday - so all dolls seems to have reached their destination (plus an 16 USD import tax - not a big deal) - now all I can do is to wait to see them in September and hope that there's no damages or anything to their boxes.

I hope all those who are still missing their dolls will get them soon.
I find it interesting that most lost dolls are within the US - not those shipped to Asia, Europe and Australia.

My father-in-law confirmed that 4 packages arrived from UPS Friday - so all dolls seems to have reached their destination (plus an 16 USD import tax - not a big deal) - now all I can do is to wait to see them in September and hope that there's no damages or anything to their boxes.

I hope all those who are still missing their dolls will get them soon.
I find it interesting that most lost dolls are within the US - not those shipped to Asia, Europe and Australia.

I agree, it does seem to only be happening with the US warehouse. My husband came to me when this first happened with an idea that I was already speculating about. We think that it's possible that maybe a couple of warehouse employees are "losing" dolls to be sold at a later date on the secondhand market. Of course it's just speculation, but considering that this has happened twice now, and seems it only be happening to the limited Frozen dolls, AND thinking of how much SQ Elsa is going for? It may not be as much of a long shot as we'd like to think. :/

my anna is officially lost. I called and DS.com said a replacement was reserved for me and shipped yesterday (this is when I called them yesterday, they said it had shipped.)

I call back today for a tracking # and DS.com says hasnt shipped at all but should be shipped Monday or Tuesday. I willl call back tomorrow

ok I called them again today. CM told me that the replacement had been cancelled on FR. WHAT? So I asked the CM why and she didnt know. She put in another request for processing (she said a replacement was still on hold for me.) It will be shipped out Monday she hopes. I will call again

ok I called them again today. CM told me that the replacement had been cancelled on FR. WHAT? So I asked the CM why and she didnt know. She put in another request for processing (she said a replacement was still on hold for me.) It will be shipped out Monday she hopes. I will call again
I'm glad to hear that it's at least still on hold for you...
I really hope it works out for you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back