• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
I'm kinda nervous for tonight,Not going to lie. Any link fairies on here for tonights release?

Is your store stand alone? I'll be going to the store for the first time on 11/03, but the only ones near me (if you can call a 50-60 minute drive near) are in malls. I figured I'd get there a little before the mall allowed people in and line up at Disney, so I was just wondering if I should get there even earlier than the mall opens. Anyone in the Tampa Bay area have any tips? I'm still trying to figure out which store to go to. I figured I'd call in a few days and see if the cast members could offer any advice.

Good luck to everyone tonight. I normally get some sleep before staying up all night, but I can't sleep at all. I'm too anxious. I haven't been this worried since I did my first online order.

No mine's in a mall, the mall opens around 8 for the walkers, people who walk the mall before it opens, and the Disney store opens at 10. The security guys let us in at 8 and we reline up in front of the Disney store for two more hours of waiting, but it's worth it in the end. Some of my friends usually arrive around 6-7:00 at the latest, though a few aren't able to make it till around 8. Unless it's a really low edition size usually coming at 8:00 will still guarantee you a doll, but it all depends.

BTW: For those stores in a mall it's always a good idea to ask a cast member which door you should line up at. Mine has several entrances, but the Disney Store always makes the guards aware of doll releases so that they open up our door, in this case the one near the food court, first so no one can cut in line or fight over who's been waiting longest should two or more lines have formed.

Last edited:
No mine's in a mall, the mall opens around 8 for the walkers, people who walk the mall before it opens, and the Disney store opens at 10. The security guys let us in at 8 and we reline up in front of the Disney store for two more hours of waiting, but it's worth it in the end. Some of my friends usually arrive around 6-7:00 at the latest, though a few aren't able to make it till around 8. Unless it's a really low edition size usually coming at 8:00 will still guarantee you a doll, but it all depends.

BTW: For those stores in a mall it's always a good idea to ask a cast member which door you should line up at. Mine has several entrances, but the Disney Store always makes the guards aware of doll releases so that they open up our door, in this case the one near the food court, first so no one can cut in line or fight over who's been waiting longest should two or more lines have formed.

Thanks for all the good info. I wasn't thinking they'd hold people's place in line outside the mall. I was worried there'd be a mad dash to line up in front of the Disney store when the doors open, and in that case, there wouldn't be a reason for me to get there too early because I'm not really the mad dash kind of person. I can't stand that kind of mob mentality. It's one of the things that has kept me from going to the store before.

Let's also keep in mind that this coming release day won't just be Frozen LE dolls, but Tsum Tsum madness, as well. That's going to complicate things in most locations.

Silvermist66, you're lucky that the customers at your store are so civil. At the mall near me, once security starts allowing people to hang out around the Disney Store, there's no line. At all. It's literally a crowd that forms in front of the store. While it works out okay for certain releases, it becomes a nightmare scenario for the overcrowded release days. I'm actually dreading next week for that reason, but my aunt offered to go super early so that I wouldn't have to, which I may take her up on, as my mother's still a bit under the weather (though getting better every day) and I don't like to leave her alone for long periods of time.

Thanks for all the good info. I wasn't thinking they'd hold people's place in line outside the mall. I was worried there'd be a mad dash to line up in front of the Disney store when the doors open, and in that case, there wouldn't be a reason for me to get there too early because I'm not really the mad dash kind of person. I can't stand that kind of mob mentality. It's one of the things that has kept me from going to the store before.

Yeah, the people at my store are pretty cool about keeping the order the same as it was outside the mall. There are a few people who have come before and ran to the Disney Store hoping to cut in front of everyone else, but no one who was in line already really stands for that once they've caught up.

Let's also keep in mind that this coming release day won't just be Frozen LE dolls, but Tsum Tsum madness, as well. That's going to complicate things in most locations.

Silvermist66, you're lucky that the customers at your store are so civil. At the mall near me, once security starts allowing people to hang out around the Disney Store, there's no line. At all. It's literally a crowd that forms in front of the store. While it works out okay for certain releases, it becomes a nightmare scenario for the overcrowded release days. I'm actually dreading next week for that reason, but my aunt offered to go super early so that I wouldn't have to, which I may take her up on, as my mother's still a bit under the weather (though getting better every day) and I don't like to leave her alone for long periods of time.

True, and with the designer Anna and Kristoff being first come first serve as well there are likely to be even more people with designer doll only collectors coming for that doll as well.

Wow, I didn't realize that mine was actually so civil, I would have thought that most people could be at least somewhat mature about these releases. I know I've gone on at least one tsum tsum day before and everyone still managed to keep to one line without issue, though it was a much longer line than usual. Most people there for tsum tsum's could have cared less about the dolls and didn't mind standing in line behind, or with, us collectors as long as they got their items.

Last edited:
True, and with the designer Anna and Kristoff being first come first serve as well there are likely to be even more people with designer doll only collectors coming for that doll as well.

Wow, I didn't realize that mine was actually so civil, I would have thought that most people could be at least somewhat mature about these releases. I know I've gone on at least one tsum tsum day before and everyone still managed to keep to one line without issue, though it was a much longer line than usual. Most people there for tsum tsum's could have cared less about the dolls and didn't mind standing in line behind, or with, us collectors as long as they got their items.

I tend to find that people who go to the Disney Store are much like people in the parks - they are rude and obnoxious, and they really don't care who's toes they need to step on to get exactly what they want.

That being said, the smaller LE doll releases are actually very nice. Yes, there's no line still, but it's more collectors who really care and are willing to be civil about who showed up first, second, ect. It's those kinds of release days that I enjoy going to the stores for.

Does anyone have any pics yet of today's Elsa/Hans set deboxed? I want to see the back of her cape but I'm nnot ready to go at mine right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back