• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
Is anyone's order showing as Active yet?

Mine's not showing active yet either but that might take till the morning coz of the influx of traffic right now to the website. I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you have the order number and the order details showing in your order history.

Congrats to everyone who got their Elsa! My boyfriend was nice enough to take time off work to go to the disney store for me :) They had 7 Elsas left at 7PM! :O

I noticed the DS site updated much earlier (around 3:15am), so anyone without a code or link could find her quickly. I think that contributed to her selling out a little faster. Rapunzel did not go live until 4am on her release, and I think she said Sold Out at the time she went live. Basically leaving a lot of people to just give up and go to bed. Each release seems to be a little bid different - as if Disney is trying to figure out what is the best most effective way to do an online doll release. I'm wondering what next week will be like.

I notice they aren't doing the holding page next week for the EU release. Wonder why it was just a one off? Sure elsa is popular but next week surely will be harder? I'm dreading it tbh with 3 dolls to get.

I missed all the fun because I was at work... hope everyone the Elsa wanted it got it!

So very frustrated. I ordered a Rapunzel and Gothel set, and unfortunately it got sent to the wrong address. UPS was unable to retrieve the package to be sent to the correct address and in order to put in a claim, I had to have the shipper do it. Disney said they were sorry, there were no replacements available, and they were going to give me back my money in the form of a gift card, which will be emailed to me in 3-5 business days. I only wanted Rapunzel and Gothel, and I hardly order from the Disney Store because I live in Canada, nor do I live close to a store, so a gift card is not really useful to me. Even if I wanted to try for Elsa and Hans tonight to try and trade (which honestly seems like a bit of a stretch anyways), I can't use the gift card because I won't receive it for 3-5 business days. So frustrating! Why can't they put in a claim and if nothing comes of it, then refunding my money to my credit card?

That's horrible! Especially given how much you had to pay for it coming to Canada. Their customer service is really going downhill. But I would definitely call and get it dealt with properly. If you can't get it fixed and get stuck with a gift card, I'll buy it off you. I buy from the online store frequently enough to use it, and that way you get your money back.

Some pictures of the fairytale designer set and the LE
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo6_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo7_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo9_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo10_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxz9dJAC41s823kjo6_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo8_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo9_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo10_540.jpg

tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo6_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo7_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo9_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxwnd8op51s823kjo10_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxz9dJAC41s823kjo6_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo8_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo9_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxvazuI0x1s823kjo10_540.jpg

Amazing photos! And so so so glad the DFDC Elsa's so similar to the 17-inch!! I wasn't so sure about it since it looks pretty similar to the classic doll version initially but I'm glad I ended up buying them! :wiggle: And man Hans looks amazing too!

People who think that disney fairytale elsa is like the classic doll are so wrong. Elsa is a mini LE, and it's great to people who will never be able to get the LE elsa. She is stunning. The box doesn't make her looking her best unfortunately or and here are the shoes

tumblr_nwxox60X9x1s823kjo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwxox60X9x1s823kjo3_540.jpg

Thanks for sharing those photos, pupuce! She is looking beautiful and I like how she has iridescent shoes rather than translucent blue ones (or heaven forbid, blue flats!)

I received my Ursula/Ariel set today. It's going to sound like I'm complaining here, and I guess I am, but I'm trying not to. I'm just wondering if I'm having terrible luck with this set, or if other people are experiencing some disappoint with their arrivals. My Snow had wonky hair, but it didn't bother me. She's lovely enough to get away with it, so I was still extremely happy with the set. Rapunzel's dress was really twisted up and she had pieces of hair stuck in the crevice where the head and neck meet towards the front of the head so it's pretty noticeable. There were also little black hairs all over her. It just looks like she was crammed in there with no quality control. I'm still happy with the dolls, though I need to fix them up and am not happy about having to pop them open. Still, these things happen, so it didn't really get to me.

Now I have Ariel... I didn't like the photos of the top. I just felt it was ill fitting, but thought it'd still look good in person. The dolls themselves overall look nice, but that top is awful. I like the concept art, but poor execution imo. It looks poorly made and unfinished. I wasn't expecting that. It's actually fraying pretty bad on one of the shoulders and the seems are showing really bad. The bust is pretty uneven where they've cinched it and the pointy seem part sticks up really bad on one side. Also, the bottom of the insert is completely unglued and popping up. Ursula's top is really bunched up on one side too. This is the first time I've looked at an LE and thought, "that's going on a very high shelf." I usually try to place them more eye level because the detail is so lovely. This set, though, looks much better from far away. I had rearranged my shelves so it'd be next to the designer princess and couples, but it's going up a shelf and will be next to the 17" Ariel. Again, I'm really trying not to complain and be negative. I still think the dolls are nice overall, but I'm a little shocked at the quality of the ones I'm getting. QC must have been on vacation. I'm really nervous about Elsa/Hans now. My sets just keep getting worse. Anyone else having similar experiences?

I love your photos! It looks like you had a lot fun posing them. I really appreciate seeing the two SQ LE's side by side. I would like the new one to have some embroidery on the cape, but she is still so beautiful. Your photos really show off the cape well and it is a lot nicer than I though it was. I don't debox mine, but your photos are making me itch to debox her when she arrives and have that cape flowing all over the place. So pretty!

Escalate it to a manager and tell them you want your refund in the form of your original payment. You are entitled to that - a refund in the original form of payment. If they refuse, dispute the charge on your card. Use a DIFFERENT credit card for tonight's HELSA release.

Thank you for the advice- I ended up calling them and sending multiple emails and they are going to cancel the gift card and refund the credit card. In the end I didn't really want to buy the Elsa and Hans set, I only really wanted the Rapunzel and Mother Gothel. I was just thinking I might be able to trade for it. My only issue is that they wouldn't submit a claim through UPS. I called UPS and they gave me the address it was sent to, and they delivered it to a different apartment building only about 15 minutes away from where it was supposed to go. I don't know if the driver was unable to gain access to the building or if he did but the package was gone. Whatever the case, UPS could have called the building and asked for entry or something. Disney didn't just bother putting in a claim, they just automatically gave me a gift card, which obviously I wanted either my doll or my money back :/ Not ideal, but I guess I'll check ebay out and see if something comes up for a decent price.

Congratulations to everyone who got Elsa/Hans! I am so excited about next week now-I can practically taste it. :D

Pupuce, your photos are absolutely gorgeous!! And your photo of Hans sitting atop Anna, Elsa, and Sven made my entire day. :)

Lovely photos, knew we wouldn't be disappointed with them. I'm really looking forward to getting my set now. I'm not a deboxer so I find it very interesting when others are because it makes the dolls look so different. LOVE the 17" comparison too!!

I received my Ursula/Ariel set today. It's going to sound like I'm complaining here, and I guess I am, but I'm trying not to. I'm just wondering if I'm having terrible luck with this set, or if other people are experiencing some disappoint with their arrivals. My Snow had wonky hair, but it didn't bother me. She's lovely enough to get away with it, so I was still extremely happy with the set. Rapunzel's dress was really twisted up and she had pieces of hair stuck in the crevice where the head and neck meet towards the front of the head so it's pretty noticeable. There were also little black hairs all over her. It just looks like she was crammed in there with no quality control. I'm still happy with the dolls, though I need to fix them up and am not happy about having to pop them open. Still, these things happen, so it didn't really get to me.

Now I have Ariel... I didn't like the photos of the top. I just felt it was ill fitting, but thought it'd still look good in person. The dolls themselves overall look nice, but that top is awful. I like the concept art, but poor execution imo. It looks poorly made and unfinished. I wasn't expecting that. It's actually fraying pretty bad on one of the shoulders and the seems are showing really bad. The bust is pretty uneven where they've cinched it and the pointy seem part sticks up really bad on one side. Also, the bottom of the insert is completely unglued and popping up. Ursula's top is really bunched up on one side too. This is the first time I've looked at an LE and thought, "that's going on a very high shelf." I usually try to place them more eye level because the detail is so lovely. This set, though, looks much better from far away. I had rearranged my shelves so it'd be next to the designer princess and couples, but it's going up a shelf and will be next to the 17" Ariel. Again, I'm really trying not to complain and be negative. I still think the dolls are nice overall, but I'm a little shocked at the quality of the ones I'm getting. QC must have been on vacation. I'm really nervous about Elsa/Hans now. My sets just keep getting worse. Anyone else having similar experiences?

I got Elsa and Hans in the store yesterday and there are so many problems with it that I am going to try and return it to the store. The cardboard backing looks so AWFUL, like it has been chewed by a dog. Also, the slip cover was not folded properly so there is a hole at the top and the top of the cover is sticky with glue. Elsa's hair is a mess and the rhinestones on her braid are only at the bottom and don't go all the way up like they are supposed to. (They would not let us look at them until after we paid for them and they sold out at the store.) I ordered another one last night and I hope it arrives in good shape. I just hope they take the other one back at the store because I can't afford to have two.

I wasn't too happy with my Rapunzel set either. Gothel's dress had threads unraveling everywhere, and I had to open the case to trim them because they were driving me crazy. Rapunzel had some loose eyelashes stuck to her face that I was able to remove. I was at least able to adjust that set and am okay with it now. My other sets were fine. Quality control is always a problem with Disney dolls. I think it all depends on who made your set and whether they cared or not.

I got Elsa and Hans in the store yesterday and there are so many problems with it that I am going to try and return it to the store. The cardboard backing looks so AWFUL, like it has been chewed by a dog. Also, the slip cover was not folded properly so there is a hole at the top and the top of the cover is sticky with glue. Elsa's hair is a mess and the rhinestones on her braid are only at the bottom and don't go all the way up like they are supposed to. (They would not let us look at them until after we paid for them and they sold out at the store.) I ordered another one last night and I hope it arrives in good shape. I just hope they take the other one back at the store because I can't afford to have two.

I wasn't too happy with my Rapunzel set either. Gothel's dress had threads unraveling everywhere, and I had to open the case to trim them because they were driving me crazy. Rapunzel had some loose eyelashes stuck to her face that I was able to remove. I was at least able to adjust that set and am okay with it now. My other sets were fine. Quality control is always a problem with Disney dolls. I think it all depends on who made your set and whether they cared or not.

Why is the quality control so bad this set????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back