• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
Someone posted this in a Facebook doll group today.

"Went to DS today and the cast member said to expect 5 more Designer Heroes/Villains next year along with a Signature Mickey and Minnie couple."

lol not more.

Let's see, sarcastic list of guesses:

Emma and Hook
Mary Margaret and Cora
Rumple and Belle
Pan and Henry
Zelena and Regina

Oh wait we haven't milked Frozen enough so replace one of those with Ingrid and Elsa.

More serious list of guesses:

Maleficent and Aurora(MAKE IT BLUE, DISNEY)
Jafar and Jasmine
Gaston and Belle
Lady Tremaine and Cinderella
Queen of Hearts and Alice

Unlikely:

Shan Yu and Mulan
Facilier and Tiana
Ratcliffe and Pocahontas
Hades and Megara
Frollo and Esmeralda

lol not more.

Let's see, sarcastic list of guesses:

Emma and Hook
Mary Margaret and Cora
Rumple and Belle
Pan and Henry
Zelena and Regina

Oh wait we haven't milked Frozen enough so replace one of those with Ingrid and Elsa.

More serious list of guesses:

Maleficent and Aurora(MAKE IT BLUE, DISNEY)
Jafar and Jasmine
Gaston and Belle
Lady Tremaine and Cinderella
Queen of Hearts and Alice

Unlikely:

Shan Yu and Mulan
Facilier and Tiana
Ratcliffe and Pocahontas
Hades and Megara
Frollo and Esmeralda
Maybe Coronation Anna+Hans ?

Last edited:
I cannot see them doing Hans two years in a row, especially since Anna is the less popular sister. The Anna 17" dolls seem to sell better since she goes with Elsa. Anna just is not as popular as Elsa and the fairytale set still online proves that.
I agree! I can't believe Anna set is still available.

I cannot see them doing Hans two years in a row, especially since Anna is the less popular sister. The Anna 17" dolls seem to sell better since she goes with Elsa. Anna just is not as popular as Elsa and the fairytale set still online proves that.

How do we know the set is not still available not because Anna's unpopular but because it's the TROLL wedding set?
I *love* Anna, I want every single doll of her but that set? No way I was gonna buy that, it's *choice words of very big dislike*! I want *designer* sets, not versions which look like a three-year-old decided to play dress up with her dolls and went into the garden for that and found some grass. I was very disappointed in that set and didn't buy it even though I absolutely love Anna.
So maybe they don't sell out because they don't look very designer and more like a 70s garden party?

I think it would have been much better if we had Kristoff in his Summer outfit and Anna in her Epiloque or in her FF dress. (But I would love a Hans/Anna set! )

It's strange....I actually like the personality better of Elsa in the movie, but when it comes to the dolls, I am drawn to Anna. I thought the designer Anna/Kristoff would have sold out fast for the 11" doll collectors. It's very movie specific and I find Anna to be overly cute as it's a love scene of sorts. I don't really care to collect the guy dolls, but when they come in these couples sets I'm overly picky with their faces. I feel they got Kristoff and Hans very close to their animated likeness. Many of the past fairytale sets have had guys that were just deal breakers for me. Anyhow, I understand why someone who wants a beautifully detailed princess gowned doll would not care for this set. It's probably the reason Aladdin 17" is STILL available on DS site. The gowned dolls are always going to be the most popular. The Anna/Kristoff should have been a lower edition set as it felt like an after thought....but I'm super excited to get it as I missed the Nordic 17" version of her :)

I absolutely love Anna's face in the set and think the outfit is pretty, but I'm not a fan of the troll scene in general. That's why I didn't get it (plus at this point I'm pretty much out of money).

It's strange....I actually like the personality better of Elsa in the movie, but when it comes to the dolls, I am drawn to Anna. I thought the designer Anna/Kristoff would have sold out fast for the 11" doll collectors. It's very movie specific and I find Anna to be overly cute as it's a love scene of sorts. I don't really care to collect the guy dolls, but when they come in these couples sets I'm overly picky with their faces. I feel they got Kristoff and Hans very close to their animated likeness. Many of the past fairytale sets have had guys that were just deal breakers for me. Anyhow, I understand why someone who wants a beautifully detailed princess gowned doll would not care for this set. It's probably the reason Aladdin 17" is STILL available on DS site. The gowned dolls are always going to be the most popular. The Anna/Kristoff should have been a lower edition set as it felt like an after thought....but I'm super excited to get it as I missed the Nordic 17" version of her :)

My dad was able to get Coronation Elsa for me when that set came out, but he didn't have the money for Nordic Anna, as well. He knew I preferred Elsa, anyway, so that's why he went for her. That's one of the reasons I wanted this set, and I don't regret that for a minute.

As far as Aladdin, I don't think his glam factor has anything to do with the reason he's still available. The male dolls just don't go as fast as the princesses and villains do. Phillip hung around for months, despite being dressed in his royal paraphernalia.

My dad was able to get Coronation Elsa for me when that set came out, but he didn't have the money for Nordic Anna, as well. He knew I preferred Elsa, anyway, so that's why he went for her. That's one of the reasons I wanted this set, and I don't regret that for a minute.

As far as Aladdin, I don't think his glam factor has anything to do with the reason he's still available. The male dolls just don't go as fast as the princesses and villains do. Phillip hung around for months, despite being dressed in his royal paraphernalia.
Yeah, I agree about the solo prince dolls. Maybe there are some who collect just the guys, but I would guess most people who buy want them to go as a set with a girl. For those of us who collect on a super tight budget....there will forever be another girl doll in the making that I'll want more than a prince. I thought past guys were a very low edition making them more collectible....but maybe I'm wrong on that.

How do we know the set is not still available not because Anna's unpopular but because it's the TROLL wedding set?
I *love* Anna, I want every single doll of her but that set? No way I was gonna buy that, it's *choice words of very big dislike*! I want *designer* sets, not versions which look like a three-year-old decided to play dress up with her dolls and went into the garden for that and found some grass. I was very disappointed in that set and didn't buy it even though I absolutely love Anna.
So maybe they don't sell out because they don't look very designer and more like a 70s garden party?

I didn't like the dolls much either. From what I've seen in pictures, kristoff looks the same as a classic with just an added cape and stick hat. Anna looks meh, nothing special with her either. I still think they should have put Anna in her coronation dress with kristoff is his outfit flocked with snow; like when they first met.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have loved an Anna/Hans set.
I know Disney is obsessed with Elsa but, he is around anna
So much more, and that set would be beautiful.

I just love what the two Frozen Designer sets look like when they're sitting next to each other. Very picturesque!

11017004_1651473855136854_7904358157420841106_o.jpg

I just love what the two Frozen Designer sets look like when they're sitting next to each other. Very picturesque!

11017004_1651473855136854_7904358157420841106_o.jpg

I completely agree, they look awesome displayed together! I kinda also agree with what many others are saying though. I actually wasn't really that impressed with the Troll Wedding set, and if I had been forced to get back up at noon to participate in the Disney Store Raffle to get them then I definitely would have passed! However, because I did manage to snag the Designer Elsa and Hans set and because they were first come first serve with the Frozen Fever dolls, I decided to buy it purely to complete the Frozen Designer set and have one of each character in 12inch form, something I can still not yet boast with my 17inch dolls due to the lack of a Han's release! :(

Didn't Eric also hang around for a couple days? The male dolls are just not as impressive as the girls. I remember a lot of people have complained about the rooted hair of the male dolls since Eric. People have not been impressed with the male dolls, which is why they hang around.

Actually if you see the set in person, it's very detailed, and cute. The troll wedding sets ( kid toys) that they started selling in the store (at least where I am) have all been selling well. While it may not seem popular now kids that love that scene in the movie (like my daughter) are going to grow up, and I personally know if I didn't get this set I would of regretted it later.

Didn't Eric also hang around for a couple days? The male dolls are just not as impressive as the girls. I remember a lot of people have complained about the rooted hair of the male dolls since Eric. People have not been impressed with the male dolls, which is why they hang around.

I agree with this- the reason I passed on Aladdin, and might eventually get rid of my Phillip, is because short hair looks weird when rooted, especially when it isn't styled down...it sticks out like a bubble and looks nothing like the character. Reminds me of bad toupees. I remember Ken dolls having the same issue in the Eighties.

That, and the fact that they're not quite getting the faces right on them, either. Eric looks pretty good, but Phillip looks nothing like himself...he's suppose to be sharp cheekbones and small eyes. Even accounting for a uniform look for the line, and some allowance for them being dolls...it still doesn't doesn't look like any effort was put into either Phillip or Aladdin.

I admit, I'm mostly into the ladies, due to the dress/outfit being so important to the doll- but if a male doll knocked me off my feet, I'd gladly get it to stand next to them.

ilia89 I can understand your view about the troll wedding set and I don't know how many others feel that way (although I don't know exactly what you mean about 70's garden party, but now I'm very curious about that).

I don't personally share that view because to me, it doesn't look like a child's effort at design, but rather, something reminiscent of tribal design, which I do tend to like a lot. In addition, I like the "rough gems" on Anna's cloak a lot because I like to collect mineral samples and find them beautiful in their natural shapes. The one thing I would have preferred is that they would have made the crowns more delicate looking and with more mixed media. The crowns don't impress me very much. However, I do like the cloak, on Anna especially, and under that she has her nicely embroidered nordic dress and I especially like the two tone with the blue and purple. I also think her face is super cute.

I think one thing that probably puts people into different camps with this whole heroes and villains line is that they're not really "designer takes' on the characters, but more like LE dolls in 12" size. For example Ursula looks a lot more like 17" Ursula than 12" designer Ursula. This line probably shouldn't have been called designer, it is much more close to the way the characters really looked in the movies. Personally, I like that a lot, because my favorite combination is detailed + movie accurate + smaller size. However, of course people who are looking for designer looks inspired by the characters are going to be let down, and perhaps that's especially going to be the case for something that looks as tribal as the troll wedding set - even though I think tribal and couture can go together, this set in particular has an earthy vibe that is quite different from the looks seen in the designer princess line.

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and brought a Rapunzel and Gothel set off eBay, I just hope I love the set in person as much as I adore the pictures!

I bit the bullet and brought a Rapunzel and Gothel set off eBay, I just hope I love the set in person as much as I adore the pictures!

I'm sure you will. This was the only set I really wanted, even though I got them all apart from pan/hook. I think this set is the most value for money as both rapunzel and Gothel are gorgeous dolls. I really like Snow White, but not the witch. I still haven't made up my mind about ariel and ursula. Although I love elsa and anna, I fell hans and kristoff are boring!

The good news: All the dolls are in.
The bad news: Anna/Kristoff set...one of Anna's braids was super messed up. I could see they snipped a portion of her hair and one braid strand was not in the rubberbanded part so it had unraveled and the whole end of the braid was a mess.
The good news: it's not the most popular set and is still in stock at DS. So I bought another and am sending this back for a refund.

I wish I could have just braided it back myself, but her braid is thick and goes to the very very end. Looked impossible to do. She must have longer hair and then they cut it right at the band AFTER it's braided.

I think you will! I have the Rapunzel/Gothel set myself, it and the Elsa/Hans set were the only two I was really drawn to. I know these are designer dolls, but I was originally hoping Rapunzel would be in her iconic dress, or something close to it, but the scene depicted is so classic that I've rationalized it by thinking that it could be depicting literally any moment from her time with Gothel and it is a lovely dress regardless! I just love the embroidery and the tinsel in Rapunzel's hair really reminds me of the video's/picture's I've seen of her 17inch counterpart! Sadly, I own neither Heirloom Gothel or Rapunzel, not even the wedding version, which I now regret not getting when I had the chance! Here's a pic of my set, sorry it's not the best picture, but it's the only one I have in my phone right now!

attachment.php

I'm sure you will. This was the only set I really wanted, even though I got them all apart from pan/hook. I think this set is the most value for money as both rapunzel and Gothel are gorgeous dolls. I really like Snow White, but not the witch. I still haven't made up my mind about ariel and ursula. Although I love elsa and anna, I fell hans and kristoff are boring!

Lol, with me it was actually the witch I liked in the Snow White set, but not Snow herself. I just can't understand why she'd take an apple from someone she's clearly so frightened of! If she had already taken the apple and bitten it, I could understand the facial expression, but she would have had to trust the hag to take the apple. That, and I just didn't care much for the rose prints on her dress. Ariel and Ursula would have been perfect if I could overlook the potato sack Ariel was wearing, the top is not flattering at all and I would have eventually been forced to debox them and change out her top if I had purchased that set. Wanted to get Peter and Hook, but was too afraid Tinkerbell would eventually fall and I would have, again, been forced to debox and reattach her, side note, if she had fell and broke I would have been devastated!

Last edited:
Lol, with me it was actually the witch I liked in the Snow White set, but not Snow herself. I just can't understand why she'd take an apple from someone she's clearly so frightened of! If she had already taken the apple and bitten it, I could understand the facial expression, but she would have had to trust the hag to take the apple. That, and I just didn't care much for the rose prints on her dress. Ariel and Ursula would have been perfect if I could overlook the potato sack Ariel was wearing, the top is not flattering at all and I would have eventually been forced to debox them and change out her top if I had purchased that set. Wanted to get Peter and Hook, but was too afraid Tinkerbell would eventually fall and I would have, again, been forced to debox and reattach her, side note, if she had fell and broke I would have been devastated!

I'm guessing she took the apple as not to be rude, and she thought it was a helpless old lady. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back