• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
In reality, this heroes vs villains line shouldn't end here.

Next year should be a D23 year and we should have more non-princess characters.

Meg/Hercules and Hades
Esme and Frollo
Tiana and Families
Jafar and Jasmine
Poca and Ratcliffe

I love the overwhelming positive reaction to this wave! Disney clearly put a lot of work into this wave. I will say that I am very disappointed that we didn't get a "surprise" fifth set. We should have gotten Tiana and Facilier, Aladdin/Jasmine and Jafar or a some characters we have never gotten before (PLEASE GIVE ME A HADES AND MEG SET SOMEDAY DISNEY PLEEEAAAAASSSE). Aside from that, I am so in love with this wave. I'm still all hyped up over the reveal!

Judging by everyone's reactions, I feel like the Cinderella and Tremaine set will be the most popular and sought after, followed by the Alice and Queen of Hearts set.

Also they are apparently releasing on these dates (information gotten from my Facebook doll group):

Cinderella & Lady Tremaine: 9/6
Belle & Gaston: 9/20
Alice & The Queen of Hearts: 10/4
Aurora & Maleficent: 10/18

Do we have anything to tell us if these dates are likely to be the actual release dates, or is it just speculation? I am determined to get the Alice & the Queen of Hearts set, so I will need to know that date for certain - I will be jumping into the store to pick it up ^^

Do we have anything to tell us if these dates are likely to be the actual release dates, or is it just speculation? I am determined to get the Alice & the Queen of Hearts set, so I will need to know that date for certain - I will be jumping into the store to pick it up ^^

From what I understand, pictures of the dolls and their dates leaked out a few weeks ago, but only very specific people got to see them. So as far as we know, those are the official dates. We'll have to wait and hear an official confirmation from Disney just to be sure though.

Love that little alice doll! I am 100% going for the Belle/Gaston set. I wish i could get that Alice doll all by herself!

I think these sets look very nice.
I see they did something with Queen of Hearts neck. If you look close it's covered by fabric. Alice does't look as much like the cartoon as I thought but the dolls together look cool.
Belle and Gaston look kind of how they were suspected. They added Gaston's dagger and his bow and arrow pack.
Aurora finally in blue, and that is one blank hypnotized expression. Maleficent looks really good! I like her dress.
Cinderella and Tremaine, I'm really surprised they made the dressed actually ripped. It looks good but making it ripped looks takes away from it a little even if that's how it is in the scene. I'm glad they finally got her hair color right.

Last edited:
This post made me realize how impressed I am with Disney for not going with her in pink! We got her and Cinderella switched from what they usually are, and I am very excited about that!

I actually expected the pink dress for Cindy and the blue dress for Aurora. Cinderella and Lady Tremaine's most iconic scene is the gown ripping, and Aurora and Maleficent only interacted once throughout their entire film - where Aurora was in the blue version of the gown.

From what I understand, pictures of the dolls and their dates leaked out a few weeks ago, but only very specific people got to see them. So as far as we know, those are the official dates. We'll have to wait and hear an official confirmation from Disney just to be sure though.

Ooh, thank you! I really hope this is the right date for Alice, because I really want to get her. She's adorable.

I've got to say that this wave is really lovely with their details and I hope that they maybe do another wave because, as people have pointed out, there are more options out there that would appeal to collectors!

They are all pretty great.

First, my disappointment - Aurora and Maleficent - Where is the spinning wheel? The box is so plain without it - it needs something and the spinning wheel would have been perfection. I'd even have Aurora with her finger on it if it were up to me. This reminds me of the Ariel/Ursula set - really nothing great about that one either - they are just, there, in the box - I was really hoping for something more. I will still try for this one though as I LOVE Sleeping Beauty - perhaps it will look better in person.

Belle and Gaston look good - I will try for this one also.

Cinderella and Lady Tremaine were well done, but sadly, with trying for Aurora and Maleficent and Belle/Gaston, I'll have to skip this one. I love that Lady Tremaine is holding Cinderella's beads! They give it just the right touch (Don't you think so Drizella?)! (sorry, had to quote it) lol.

Alice and the Queen of Hearts is good also - don't have much to say about this one.

Last edited:
I really love all the ones this series so much! Aurora I wished they painted her mouth closed to match her expression more, if you paint over the teeth does it look weird or will it look better? I wish they had used yellow/green as the background for the glow like in the art. I want to see more of Maleficents outfit.

These are amazing!! I'm not a big Cindy fan but Cinderella/Lady Tremaine are absolutely stunning! I'll definitely be getting Belle/Gaston though! I think Designer Gaston is SO much better than LE Gaston.

Last edited:
Here's some better pictures that were posted on Facebook. No Belle/Gaston, unfortunately, but you can see them on Japan's website here: http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673456/

Alice and the Queen of Hearts

13920891_1818891195006513_2066929169998365509_n.jpg

Cinderella and Lady Tremaine

13920660_1818891281673171_7309932003503612527_n.jpg

Princess Aurora and Maleficent

13901336_1818891051673194_3165466051645516789_n.jpg

Read my comment again. I did say Ariel and Ursula look funny comparing to these 2. Alice and Queen have much better proportions.

I really like the Alice and Queen set, it's really well done! The proportions seem quite a bit better than the Ariel and Ursula and they don't look crammed into the box. I think I like this year's set better than last year, the designs seem better. Aurora has a weird, entranced look which I think is supposed to be on purpose from that moment in the film, but it really unsettles me and overall don't really care for her. That Maleficent, though! Gorgeous! I'm not a huge Sleeping Beauty fan, but I think that Maleficent is the best one yet.

This may seem kinda weird thing to point out for a doll set, but does Aurora seem...tiny? In comparison to the other girls she looks almost the same height as Alice and shorter than Belle or Cindy. I just might be nitpicking though but there seems to be a huge gap between the top of the case and her head.

This may seem kinda weird thing to point out for a doll set, but does Aurora seem...tiny? In comparison to the other girls she looks almost the same height as Alice and shorter than Belle or Cindy. I just might be nitpicking though but there seems to be a huge gap between the top of the case and her head.

I wonder if her case is a bit taller to accommodate Maleficent's horns? That is strange... I'll just be sticking with Belle/Gaston and Cindy/Tremaine. The Alice set is nice but won't really fit in with my princess collection, and I don't collect Sleeping Beauty, mostly Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and sometimes Jasmine.

Read my comment again. I did say Ariel and Ursula look funny comparing to these 2. Alice and Queen have much better proportions.

Read it again, and I definitely misread "that" as "than," and it made all the difference. My apologies!

I think she may be sitting on some sort of chair that we can't see at the moment? She's sitting on one in the artwork, and the doll's knees do appear to be bent.

Wow, I love Alice's apron!

And I COMPLETELY missed that Lady Tremaine was holding Lucifer in the first picture, and now that I see it I love it even more. :)

I love these! Cinderella is my favorite but Aurora is a close second. I love Cinderella's hair color and the look on Aurora's face. Belle set is my least favorite. I like Belle but not Gaston. I really like the Alice set, especially Queen of Hearts. As a college student , I can't afford them now but I'm defintely buying all the merchandise. I wouldn't rule out Tiana and Dr. Facilier being a US/Europe exclusive for a fifth set. I don't think Patf was big over there.

I'm very impressed with the whole set and wish I had the space for them all. I think I'll just be getting Belle, though I really really like Cinderella too so we'll see.

Not what's happened but Disney seemed to have upped the ante with this and the 17" BATB dolls so good job guys!!

I love sleeping beauty's and cinderellas art work! I'm so impressed with this set as a whole! I really want to get all of these but it's so expensive not to mention they take up a lot of space but I do like them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back