• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi... Another newbie here... to the forum and pin collecting / trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... Another newbie here... to the forum and pin collecting / trading

smithl16

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I'm Laura and this is literally me at the moment :wiggle:

I never knew forums for pins exsisted!!! In fact I can't even remember how I found you guys even though it was only a couple of hours ago (too much excitement I think!)

Anyway, I'm new to collecting even though I've been to DLRP 3 times before. I have this one lonely pin at home and suddenly decided a few weeks ago that I need more!!! I dont think it'll be anything in particular, just whatever catches my eye really. I'm going back to DLRP in November so planned on stocking up on some pins then, but now I've seen the sale board I don't think I'll be able to wait :drool:

I was looking on ebay at different pins but have to admit I'm a little bit put off my potential scrappers / counterfeits...

So, more about me hmmm I love stitch (so cheeky) and marie (so cute), my favourite disney film would probably be little mermaid or beauty and the beast. At home I watch Disney Junior practically all evening thanks to my daughter who's almost 4! (Thankfully I manage to escape to work for a few hours a day so my mom gets the joy of it). Booked to go to Mickeys Magic Show Live in July and Disney on Ice Passport to Adventure under the pretence that it's for her... but secretly it's cos I want to go :hsd:

Looking forward to getting to know fellow collectors / traders! What a great site you guys (and girls) have!

Hi and welcome, I'm also from the West Midlands Birmingham to be exact. You'll have great fun here, everyones so friendly and very knowledgeable on all things disney. If you need any help with trading tips etc please pm me any time, eventhough I'm quite new myself I've completed many great trades.

Thanks everyone!

Megfan - Not too far away then, I'm from just down the road in dudley! Do they do the pins / vinylmation at the Disney Store in the Bull Ring?

They don't sell pins, but you can trade up to 3 a day from the cast lanyards they have there. If they aren't wearing them, you just ask at the till and they'll bring out 3 or 4 lanyards plus a refill tub with all sorts of things in. I'm not sue on vinylmations.

Hi there! Welcome to the group! You'll find quite a few UK'ers here, and tons of Beauty and the Beast and Stitch collectors. Welcome welcome welcome, and have fun!

Hi, welcome! I'm also from the UK and I love DLRP! Though I haven't been there in a while... hopefully I can visit again soon. :) Nice to meet you!

Hi, its good to see another UK person joining the family!! I'm thinking of returning to DLRP in September (all being well - and if I haven't spent all my money on pins before then!) for some pin-ing as my family call it.

Welcome to a wonderful hobby and to the boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back