• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

Camalett

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just left from Disneyland Paris the other day. We heard lots of chatter about Disney stuff and we decided to buy a few of the pins.

Really, what happened is that we were standing in line for the new Star Tours and heard the people behind us (speaking english...yea!) talking about the other people standing in the line next to us. We were just eager to take our little ones on a new ride, but we saw the line next to us was almost as long......didn't know what to think.

Kept talking for the next hour to the english speaking couple behind us and they said the line was probably to buy the new Star Tours pin. We have been to Disneyland (California) many, many times but had never got into pin trading.

We have lots of children so any advice would be helpful. :)

Welcome to the dpf community! Best advice I could give to start is to pick what character or characters you want to collect. If you do this it can help to simplify the hobby and make it not so overwhelming. There are so many awesome pins out there that narrowing down what you collect helps to keep you from wanting to buy every cool pin you see!

Welcome to DPF. There are also several members here who can help provide you with a good set of "starter" pins at a relatively low cost. Be aware that there are "scrappers" out there that are not truly legitimate pins. I've been burned this way in trying to help my daughter start off with a "beginning" set of pins to trade with.

Welcome:wavey:Best to have favorite characters you collect or favorite themes, for example a holiday or season of the year.
There are so many great members here that can help. :halloween:

Hi and Welcome! I had the pleasure of visiting Disneyland Paris in 2012. Unfortunately, I was pin trading/collecting at that time. I remember looking at the pins but I never bought any. Oh well. Hope to go back some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back