• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

nickel492

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone!
I just went to Disneyland on Saturday (4/20) for my 21st birthday and it was amazing! I bought my very first pin, (R2-MK, since I am a diehard Star Wars fan) and now looking back I wish I had bought a lanyard and some more because it looks like so much fun to start a collection. I have decided to base my pins on Star Wars and the coupled Mickey and Minnie.
I was in a intense bid for the Indiana Jones pin with both Mickey and Minnie and I lost it at the last minute...I almost cried haha, so if anyone sees one out there or has one let me know!
Also, since I'm brand new to all this I would love any advice!
Thanks!

Welcome to DPF. If I can give you any advice it would be "dont buy pins in lots unless its someone you trust". more often than not they are scrappers.

Thanks for the advice about the lots. I've been hearing people talk about scrappers, can someone explain or send me to a place that explains them in more detail? Oh and great news, I found the Indiana Jones pin :hsd:

Welcomre to DPF and the pin addiction! Hope you enjoy it all, it is a great time and there are so many wonderful people! There are many threads on the forums related to scrappers, I just suggest using the search and putting in scrapper! :D Hope to chat sometime! Happy belated birthday! Congrats on the Indiana Jones pin!!!

Heya! Welcome to DPF! Having a targeted plan of attack (collecting) is a great idea :) It definitely saves a few dimes vs. collecting everything at once (which is my current modus operandi). My personal opinion is that DPFers are great and trustworthy people to trade with (and the feedback score is super easy to find!). Also, as a fairly new pin collector, I know personally it was hard to trade, which I reaally wanted to do, and scouting around the for sale & pin games forums helped me build up a side collection I was willing to shift around to try to get some of the pins I liked without shelling out lots of cash. So there's 2 cents for ya! Have fun, and congrats on getting that pin you wanted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back