• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

GhostTrains

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey youngsters!,
I am happy to say that i will be posting the names of everyone that is getting pins from my holiday pin give away! names will be posted Christmas eve after the mail is delivered so it does not ruin the surprise for those who will get something before christmas.

I must admit i did lie. I did not randomly choose names. I sent out requests for everyone that posted! So if i got a reply and made the trade you will be getting an LBE from some random person I had mail it directly to you, from ebay, or from myself!

Thank you all for your wonderful stories and happy remarks. I really enjoyed this and it lifted my spirits this holiday.

Happy holitrades!
Kirk

Last edited:
I'm always so conflicted with threads like this. On the one hand, it's awesome that people are so generous. On the other hand, I'd feel really weird nominating myself for any of them, because 1) it's just weird and 2) what makes me think I'm so special as to deserve it?

No real point to this post I guess, just some rambling by me :) Sorry to be so OT.

Last edited:
it has nothing to do with deserving pins, I have tons of pins sitting around and i dont enjoy them anymore. It makes me feel good to help others get pins when they will love them more than i did. Call me selfish cuz im craving some happy spirit! lol, just post them and you may get lucky and not get anything lololol

everyone deserves a little luck at some point.
Happy holitrades
Kirk

I was reading this post and it brought back a great memory and made me think of the times going to WDW with my mother as a kid. We would go as a family and my sisters and dad would go on the roller coaster type rides or small world. No one really liked Peter Pan's flight except for me. My mother was terrified of hieghts and Peter Pan's Flight made he break out in a sweat and she would not move while on the ride. But, she would always taken me on the ride no matter what. The love I felt for my mother and her for me lives on when I think of this ride. She passed away a few years ago and anytime I think of her this memory comes flooding back. This pin reminds me of those times and all those memories. I thank you for posting this because it brought this memory back to the surface and made me feel the love and put me back into a Christmas spirit.

Pin 17508: DCL - Rescue Captain Mickey Pin Event - Second Star To the Right
pin17508

I will defenitly be follwing this thread. I feel this is was an excellent idea and can't wait to see what others think.

Way to go for spreading a little Christmas cheer, Kirk! This is super sweet of you! It is always fun to read what others are looking for and the reasons behind it.

my grail pin is pin# 56600 Goofy Where Pins HapPin mystery tin set The reason I would like this pin is to complete the set since this was one of my first pin events
also am looking to get the rest of the POMH pins that I am missing Bambi, Snow White and Peter Pan and Dumbo I just think these pins are awesome and want to make a frame set for them when I finally get them all
I just enjoy the pins and meeting all the great traders as well

It is very nice of you to do this for members here

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well

Very gracious offer of you. I love to see generous pin traders/givers. Makes up for the stingey folks we deal with all the time.
I just reread your first post and realized it wasn't just pins on your wants list but really any pin I am after. I'll leave my original two below but I'll add my current grail.

My grail I'm after most is the WDW Cast exclusive piece of history Star Tours pin in my signature. I have every piece of history Star Tours pin except this one. I wear them on my peacock lanyard and Star Tours is the only lanyard I have made for show so far. I have DLR, just after WDW. Pin # 84504.

An easier request from your trades list would be 38337. My wife's first collection for pins was princesses and Tinker Bell, preferrably with a castle in the background. This one satisfies both and has been on our wants list for 18 months.

A tougher request from your trades, 53274, Star Tours 3D. I love Star Tours and Star Wars but especially love the droids! C3P0 and R2-D2 crack me up in every movie and Clone Wars cartoons. I'm really hoping for some great new pins soon thanks to Disney's purchase of Lucasfilms LTD. but we'll see.

Let me know if I have something you can use.

Last edited:
Hi Kirk! Nice to see you again :)
This is very nice of you and happy holidays to you!

When I was first really getting into pin trading, I saw this pin on Disney Store Online 3 years ago and have loved it ever since. I never bought it for some reason and regret not buying it. That was when Disneystore.com actually had a few decent pins. So here it is:
xThe picture takes you to the page on PinPics.
Also, I can't seem to get this last Wreck-It Ralph pin for my collection:
x
It is so hard to get, and is the last one! I really love WiR :)

Thank you Kirk for doing this, and again happy holidays to you :)

Well hey there stranger :p

I still have that princess envelope you sent me 0_o
And with that, I still have your addy :p

Anyways, out of my grails in my sig, my top goal one is probably 47331 :)

I just like how it looks, and the meaning behind it is something that I have been able to closely relate to in the past couple of months.
To me, I see the pin side A (with Stitch by himself) as I was a while ago at home. I was feeling pretty lonely and just kinda kept everything to myself.

But on the flip side of the pin, and on the flipside of life as well, there is always a few things that you really never think about. You have friends and family who are there for you to help you through your tough times :)

I recently just hit that flip side finally. Got a new job, and within a month of being there, Ive become their new fulltime cake decorator. Im still pushing for a job at Disney as well, so until than :p

And should I send you a small mystery gift? :3

omg chris! that is awesome, i am sooo proud of you for keeping going with your baking dreams. disney doesnt know what they are missing by not hiring you. i really hope you get to go on that vacation with your mom. i know its been a while but im glad to see you doing better.

As for you wonderwoman, you are killing me. I have had that pin for months and months and literally mailed it out this morning for a zap for someone who reallly deserved it. as for my addy, i dont really have one rigt now lol, but i am not lacking in anything so please nooone mail me anything. there is no mailbox to deliver to anyway lol

i love these stories and ......... enough said, no more talking from me.

ha

I actually just got back Friday from my vacation with my Mom :)

We started at the Art of Animation, walk was too much for her so she paid $360 to upgrade to riverside.
Had a lot of transportation issues because she was renting an electric scooter, I made a complaint, and we got upgraded to the Polynesian for our last 2 nights :)
And they refunded her $360 :D

Anyways...
Thanks, I am still going with my dreams right now. Im in the midst of working on a dream wall to say. Waiting on a ton of pictures to get to my house so I can finish everything :)

And the awkward cakes I get stuck with doing at work...
487026_10151270814612221_18197687_n.jpg

And because it is a Disney forum...
316688_10151270390142221_1896237230_n.jpg

what a great idea. for me it would have to be #49861 chip dale halloween pin. love that pin. sort of reminds me of when i was dressed as a pirate at wdw. we were waiting to get on the bus at animal kingdom lodge and this little girl came up and started talking with me. she had her princess dress on. she wanted to sit by me on the bus, so i said okay as long as mom knows. i asked her if she was going to meet cinderella. she replied no that she was too afraid. her mom told me that she had been afraid of the characters all week. i told her though that cinderella would like to meet a pretty princess like her. still wouldnt do it. so i gave her a cinderella pin to put on her dress. so she could show cinderella the pin and have her picture taken to show all her friends back home. when i asked if she could do that for me she replied yes. later in the park they ran into me. the little girl yelled pirate and even gave me a hug. said they were on their way to meet cinderella then. her mom thanked me for helping in getting over her fear. thats something i will never forget. one of the main reasons i like chip dale halloween pins. trudy

This is a sweet idea. :)

One of my collections that's dearest to my heart is my Administrative Professionals Day/Secretaries Day collection. I keep them on a lanyard at work. I'm an admin, and I've had a lot of jobs in my life but the ones I've done most and enjoyed most were all admin jobs. I grew up in a suburb of Seattle, and when I was a kid sometimes my dad would bring me with him to his office when he needed to do something on a weekend. I remember I would look up at the beautiful glass high-rise buildings and wish I could work in one of them someday. I've sort of always had officemouse blood in my veins. :)

Anyway... So I collect both Admin Professionals Day pins and pins that just seem sort of related (like the White Rabbit time-clock pins, or anyone on a computer). Here are the ones I don't have yet that aren't super LE, jumbo, or both...

I'll keep watching this thread for anything I can help with! :)

wonderwoman if I understand the universe correctly, the pin you need might be making its way to me. Find me in person and hopefully the universe will align. :)

Right now I'm focused on two things. Giselle reveal conceal(it's the last Enchanted pin I need besides the Japan classic one which no one is trading), and pins in general that have roses on them. Why roses? My best friend Amy had an illness called Cystic Fibrosis, which many kids couldn't pronounce so they called it sixty five roses. Amy passed away almost 4 years ago, and I'm still having trouble coping with it. So I decided to create a rose pin collection, sort of a memorial, so I can have a positive way of remembering her and paying homage to her. The holdiays are especially hard for me, I'm really really missing her, so I'm trying to turn that into positive energy by trading for rose pins :) but I don't need zaps or anything, I want to make TRADES! So if anyone has any of my want list pins, or any pins with roses in general, and I Have something you want, please do PM me! Thank you for reading!

I love the idea of this thread. I looked through my wants list to see what means the most to me and what I found was that the pins shaped like mickey mean a lot to me. On a wdw vacation a few years ago my daughter,then 9 started trading for the littlest pins (like 22634) she could find and I traded for the mm icon pins such as the pie and lettuce. Now that she is a teen and doesnt get excited anymore as easily I treasure these pins. I know someday she will go back to being as excited about pins and the thrill of looking for a certain set of pins, but she will never be that age again. So any pin shaped as mm icon, especially chip, dale or mickey. Shelly

Boy, how nice to do something like this. I'm really new to pin trading, so I haven't been wanting a pin for years yet. I suppose that right now i really just want to get the sugar rush pin set 93604. I saw Wreck it Ralph, and I loved it a LOT. My family went to Disneyland for the first time in about 8 years, and I got into pin trading. I came home, and thought to look up WiR pins, and it turns out that I was too late to get the set. That's my biggest want right now, and also one I can't afford. I really love Vanellope (93603) and it'll be awhile before I have any pins good enough to be able to trade for the set.

Last edited:
I'd say the pin that means something to me is this pin: Pin 57868: WDI - Wait Time Sign - Peter Pan's Flight Ride
the Peter Pan ride was my favorite when I was little, and I still love it. But I will always remember having to stand in long lines to get into it. The ride always makes me feel like a kid.

I feel like I'm writing a letter to Santa :3

I would have to say:
[pinpics]68573[/pinpics]: DLRP - Phantom Manor Event - Tinker Bell Stretch Room, same one as in my siggy.

My reason: Why the one above and not the Phillip Aurora (47440) that I wan't above all else? Mostly because I've had that pin 3 times already and each time they had holes or dips or imperfections I just couldn't handle. Which made me feel that if I was going to be that picky, I didn't deserve it xD lol.

I don't like any of the haunted mansion pins, it's not my preference but when I saw Tinkerbell with glittery wings and a pink dress surrounded by water I thought it was so adorable. It wasn't until my husband pointed out that it extend to reveal Stitch (his favorite) looking up Tinkerbell's dress (That's how he put it lol!). Since then I vowed one day I'd get it to represent my husband and I, even though Alice/Stitch was supposed to serve that purpose but I got rid of that too because it had imperfections
:facepalm:. Hopefully I can get over that phobia lol.
---

On a side note this is really wonderful of you
GhostTrains and I hope those lucky people you choose to zap enjoy their Christmas bonuses! Hopefully people that haven't been zapped before see this thread and post too ^^.

Kirk!!! I have so missed you around here...

I have a new collection forming that I am obsessed with and that would be anything with Belle and Maurice together, Belle in Blue Dress and Belle with Books...

But I would rather you not send me any pins, as a newer member or one with fewer pins should get your most generous offer... But if you have any of these, I would gladly trade you... LOL

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season...

This is too kind of you! Im pretty new here, but Welcome back! The pin that means the most to me is this pin:Pin 68197: DLR - Featured Artist Collection - Disney's Little Mermaid 20th Anniversary - Jumbo
Class:Disney Pins
Origin:Disneyland/DCA USA
Type:Public
Limited Edition:500 Pins
SKU Number:15805964
Original Price:$35.00
Released:March 8, 2009
Retired:
Categories:3D; Commemorative; Feature Film; Jumbo Pin; Sparkle/Glitter; Stained Glass
Members Trading:6
Members Wanting:156
Coolness:Unranked
Creator:Sirenita
This pin features Ariel, Eric, King Triton, Ursula, Scuttle, Flounder and Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid"Celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney's The Little Mermaid with this Featured Artist Collection. This Limited Edition Jumbo pin features King Triton, Ursula, Ariel, Prince Eric, Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder. The pin includes glitter fill, stained glass, and pin-on-pin elements and measures approximately 3.5" tall by 2.5" wide. Tyler Dumas of the Disney Design Group created the original artwork for this pin
[SIZE=-1]Added 2009-02-10 12:17:08, Updated 2009-02-10 12:17:08[/SIZE]
I love this pin because the art is the exact same as the design on the cover of the Little mermaid VHS I had as a young child ( I'm only 16 :lol:) . The little mermaid is my absolute favorite movie of all time and whenever I watch it it always makes me happy. Ariel's relationship with her father reminds me of my relationship with mine a lot.I also lost my VHS copy of the little mermaid when I was little so this pin would be like owning a part of my childhood. I was so close to getting it last month, but the seller sold it to someone else and I just sat there crying. I know it's silly to cry over a piece of metal, but it would've meant the world to me to get that pin. And it was for a good price too. With only six people trading it, and the only other one for sale being $200 on eBay, I don't think I'll ever get it unless someone on here that has it sells it.

I don't expect to get it, especially since I'm not signed up for zaps, and this pin is pretty hard to find, but It feels good to share and I'm interested to see what other pins people want the most.
Thanks for reading this! :)

Last edited:
I think my ultimate grail would be:

pin86297

Superficially, it combines my two favorite disney characters, Pooh and Scrump. However, it also reminds me of the Lilo and Stitch movie and how my sister had to take care of me the way Nani had to take care of Lilo, with Scrump being one of Lilo's only friends. But for me, it wasn't a Scrump doll, it was my sister's old Pooh plush she gave to me when I was born.

I don't expect to get this pin but I thought this thread was a good way to share why we collect the pins we do and why we see value in pins that others may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back