Hollies Package of Happiness Game not 1 BUT 2 WINNERS!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by fireheadfred, Jan 14, 2013.

1. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

<3 so so so so so sosooo much love to you!!!!!

2. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

All these stories are tearing me up!

3. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Well thank you so much for sharing and please do post updates about your wedding I'm sure most of us would love to see how its coming along and can't wait to see photos of the big day when it does arrive :)

4. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

OMG this made me teary eyed what a beautiful memory of being adopted :)

5. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Me too!!

6. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

todays bump. not long now...

7. bleuorchid21

bleuorchid21 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I was adopted when I was a few days old (I just turned 28) by my biological father's sister and husband (aunt and uncle). I know who my biological parents are but have never considered them my parents. The people who adopted me are my one and only true parents. It worked out since everyone pretty much in my family is still blood related to me. I have both of my biological brothers on Facebook (they are my cousins) and whenever my birthday comes around, they always wish me a happy birthday (as a sister). I know this sounds harsh, but I never consider them brothers. They just aren't...
    If anyone even mentions that my biological parents or siblings are my family, it gets me upset because I don't see it that way. They haven't been adopted so they don't know what it's like.

My biological mother used to phone here all the time when I was younger and she would say she loved me and get emotional (she has mental issues) and I would say it back but I honestly never really meant it (again, I know this probably sounds rude but it's true).

About four years ago, my parents had their 50th wedding anniversary (they were in their 40s when they adopted me and call me their angel because my mom was born visually impaired and my father lost his sight so I am now their chauffeur, lol :)), my biological father was there but he didn't even acknowledge me which I was glad about.

-----------------

I am glad you were adopted into a warm and loving home and especially by relatives :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

ok so my mum and dad are super busy right now so they dont have time and i cant keep this in anymore

ANYONE WHO HAS POSTED THERE STORY BEFORE THIS MESSAGE IS GETTING A PACKAGE!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

[​IMG]

9. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Hollie, you ROCK! What a sweetheart!

10. bleuorchid21

bleuorchid21 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The kindness of people on here just makes me smile :)

11. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

OH So dis is what that pm was about! xD OMG You're so awesome!! D,:

12. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'm crying ;-; *hugs* I'm so glad that you are in a good place now!! <3

Can we still share happy stories, even if the game is over? :D I don't care about the prizes (even though it is so nice of you to offer!) I just like the idea of this haha.

13. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

No. I exactly know how you feel. My biological mother is still around too. She never got better, and things only got worse I think because she was jealous of the relationship I had with my grandmother. I never knew my biological father as my mom slept with so many people to have a baby it wasn't even funny. (She just wanted to get social security like all her friends had). She is still in our lives because of my youngest sister, who unfortunately truly, even though she sees all the terrible things her mother does to us and herself, still goes to visit her and tries really hard to love her. I do not like to say I hate anyone, and I don't wish any harm to her, but I wake up every morning and wish she would walk out of our lives or just stay away. Before the court took away her rights to my little sister (who is about to be 16) she took my sister out of school and now she's 2 years behind in high school >:

She always throws it in my face that she is my real mother, but she isn't. My grandma is and always will be, and someday my little sister will realize the same thing.

I am happy, I love my grandma, my animals, my boyfriend, I was lucky enough to have a few good friends and you know what? I have lived through terrible things and become a better person because of it...and it helps me recognize when others are upset, hurting or down on their luck because I've been there and I can help them as much as I can, so hopefully one day they can do the same for someone else.

I love my grandma and she is my only parent. That's all I need to know. That's all I need to be happy. (And boyfriend of course!)

14. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I know how that feels too.I consider my grandparents as my parents as well because they took care of me for a majority of my life. I don't know my biological father and my mom was there but she didn't take care of me or raise me she relied on my grandparents to do so and was more interested in men than her own children. It wasn't until I was in 8th/9th grade that I realized the type of person my mother was. I finally realized she wasn't this amazing wonderful person I had made up in my head as a kid. She's not exactly that greatest person to be around and can be cruel and hurtful and lies all the time and makes it really hard for me to talk to or be around and not just for me but most of my family. I know part of it is due to her having mental issues but it's been really hard on me because of the whole honor your parents in the bible. I send pictures and cards and that's been about it. But even though she's put me through so much like you've said its made me a better and stronger person for it. So for that I am thankful but I would seriously just like to say Grandparents are awesome and amazing people. I don't know what I would have done or where I would have been if it wasn't for my Grandfather. He means so much to me and has been my most positive role model along with my aunt that I have had in my life and I can only wish that I could be at least half as amazing as those two are when it comes to raising my child and life in general. I have known so many grandparents that have have been phenomenal and have stepped up and taken care of their grandkids when the parents couldn't, wouldn't, or shouldn't. So I'd like to say thank God for grandparents they are amazing wonderful people every one should give them a round of applause. Snaps for grandparents!!! They Rock!!! :rock:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  15. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

but MY DEARS! the game isnt over. i will still give two more prizes on the second :)

16. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

You so deserve it your story was just amazing. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy all over after the waterworks of course. I'm so glad you were adopted by amazing people because they did a fantabulous job of raising you. You are amazing :)

17. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Firehead fred thank you so much for this wonderful thread. It has been so amazing to see that there are so many more people/forum members I can relate to and to feel like I can belong and that I don't have to feel ashamed of my past and that I don't have to fear being judged for my past. And the happy stories have been so uplifting and I have been having a blast reading every ones stories and their happy thoughts, I feel as though I can fly :)

18. MMiano

MMiano Princess Mmiano

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

A story that makes me happy. :) Well to start off with it was my 16th birthday... My grandparents took me to their house to stay the weekend with them. Little did I know what was in store for me when I came back... When I came back I was told that my folks were at my dad's office across the street. I walked into the clubhouse where my dad's office was and was taken aback when I saw a bunch of friends and they all yelled surprise!!! They had set up a birthday party for me! When the birthday party was over I was still in a state of shock and was walking towards my room when I saw a sign posted on my door saying "While you were out..." I opened the door and found that my room had been painted a beautiful yellow and I had been built a desk as well. That day was one of the happiest days of my life so far.. I'm 25 now and I still have not changed the color of my room. :)

19. bleuorchid21

bleuorchid21 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Fortunately for me, I haven't actually seen my biological mother in maybe 10 years. The last time I saw her, she came by my house when my parents weren't home and acted like I was supposed to know she was dropping by. She had a present for me but I didn't want to see her especially since I had a friend over and she left. My friend asked who it was and I said I had no idea because I was embarrassed. It just made me uncomfortable.

When she used to call, she kept saying she loved me and had to give me up, etc. Just a big sob story and I always hated it.

I haven't spoken to her in probably 10 years and honestly, it has been this huge weight lifted off of me.

A few years back, she was admitted to the hospital and my mom went to visit her and asked if I wanted to and I said no. I had no desire to see her and honestly, she didn't really mean that much to me.

This past November, I went on a trip to WDW and was traveling with my mom, aunt and her two adult daughters (my cousins), and our two cousins who live in the US (both in their late 60s/70s). My one cousin was showing photos on Facebook to one of my US cousins (of my biological brother's children) and was telling her how it is "Mary's real brother's" children and I just was fuming. I mentioned it to my mom later than night and how it made me feel. It's like, no, he isn't my real brother, sorry. Like don't talk about me like that when I am sitting in front of you. When they talk like that, it makes it seem like I don't even belong in the family (even though I am their blood).

20. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

A story that makes me happy!

My mother and I went to Disney World last spring for my graduation from high school. We had booked the trips a few months in advance, and I was just WAY too excited to go during spring break! Every day I woke up and crossed off the days on my calendar, just waiting anxiously for the date to come! I bought all of these new Disney shirts (I have a billion Disney themed pieces of clothing, 90% of my wardrobe is Disney) for the trip, and themed all of my outfits after Disney characters, and yeah. It was insane. (I am insane lol).
    Anyways, the day of our departure, I shot out of my bed, threw on my clothes, jumped on my mom's bed until she got up, and then forced her into the car so we could drive to the air port lol. Waiting for the plane to leave was so nerve wracking and made me impatient (I just wanted to get there!). I'm actually terrified of flying, however. So when the plane actually lifted off the ground, I was holding on to my mom's hand white-knuckled with my eyes closed!
    Getting to the hotel was even amazing. Just riding in the Magical Express buses made me even more delighted and excited! Watching all of the face characters engaging in the park activities actually made me cry (I'm a dork!) We checked in, got ready, and headed for the Animal Kingdom!
    Every moment of being in the park felt like an amazing and magical experience. I have never felt more happy or fulfilled anywhere else in the entire world. I cried numerous times; once when I saw Bert in the Celebrate Everyday parade, when I watched One Man's Dream in Hollywood Studios, and every single time I saw a child's face light up with joy from the magic.

During the Electrical Parade, my mother and I were right in front. We had gotten seats really early to make sure we could see all the detail on the floats. Well, some of the characters walk around on the street, including Snow White. A father stood behind my mother and I with his adorable little girl on his shoulders. I looked back at her when Snow White was approaching, and her face just went like :eek2:. I moved to the side slightly and smiled at the pair, and told the dad to step right up. Snow White was right in front of us. She stopped, looked at me and smiled, and then reached up to the little girls. She grabbed her hands and said, "what a beautiful princesses you are!" and then kissed her hand! The little girl started giggling like crazy, and couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the parade. The father thanked me profusely for letting her see Snow White (who wouldn't do that?!).

Then, we went to see Wishes and were fairly close to the castle. My mom and I were very excited for the show to start, and were chatting with people around us. All of the sudden, I felt something tugging on my hair! I turned around, surprised, and saw a REALLY cute baby staring back at me. He had two fist fulls of my hair in his hands with spit bubbles in his lips. The mother apologized about one hundred times, but I told her I didn't mind. Me and the baby started being goofy, and he was very entertained by my faces and noises. He kept grabbing my hair and arms, even when the mother was pulling him away. She said he had never acted like that before with anyone, and felt really bad. But I enjoyed it! He really liked my Minnie Ears haha. The mom appreciated that I was friendly about it, and it really made the fireworks a little more magical.

I really liked seeing the children. I don't know, to me, that's what Disney is about. So it just made me so happy!!

21. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

everyone who won a happiness package- your images are nearly ready. one more to start and one to finish off. unsure about how to get the candy in but ill find some way ( may end up stickers instead) LOTS OF LOVE

22. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

xoxoxoxo x 1,000,000!

23. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I just realized there were two winners. That is so cool makes me wonder about the pm I got the other day hmmm??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  24. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

no good stickers however i found some noms that may fit

25. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

hey everyone!!!!

4 are ready to go but ive got less board packages as a few arnt finisished ( i.e J'aime's needs hair colour but i cant find the right ones at my house!)