Homicide in Hollywood (Studios) - Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Aug 19, 2012.

1. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is being pushed along by the group in spite of his protests. Ursula has taken his paw and is dragging him along. His mind is not on searching for clues but is instead noticing that they are getting closer and closer to the elevator shafts.*
    "I TOLD YOU I AM NOT GOING IN THERE!"

*Scars claws are now gripping the floor as best as they can but there is nothing to get a hold on.*

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Correct, Captain Hook will get to ask the Cheshire Cat a question when the Cat makes his next appearance in the game. It will be obvious when that is, but I'll also indicate when during an OOC post. Just so you know, the question can be asked in or out of character, but it will be answered in the game, by Cheshire (and he might not know everything).

3. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

As all of the lights go out, everyone but Stitch is taken by fright as they are not able to see around in the dark (can Diablo see well in the dark? lol)
    The group see's a light down at the end of the hallway, and begins to make their way down to investigate.

As they get closer and closer to the light, they notice that the light is actually coming from the elevator, the haunted elevator.
    Scar is going on about not wanting to get into the thing.

Stitch wonders why the lights are only on in the elevator, if the ride had been shut down due to technical issues. Stitch giggles a bit when he thinks about this and Captain Hooks earlier remark and gesture.

Just what exactly are they looking for?
    Not being a ride expert, there is no way Stitch would be able to tell why the ride has stopped working.

4. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC: I think there is some confusion to the chronological events after Belle gets in the library, probably stemming from me as posting from my phone is long and tedious. Keep in mind, the service elevator is at the end of the boiler room, and the one in the lobby leads to nowwhere, literally in on and off stage terms. I've went ahead and fixed mine to go along with everyone elses post up to the last one. Though it may now be best to go with 5titch's account since we're on a new page now.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ooc...Scat is not getting on either one of them lol.:shock:

6. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ooc...Scar is not getting on either one of them lol.:shock:

7. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Was that first OOC post a Freudian slip, Wally? :lol:

8. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Back in the Tower of Terror gift shop, Kuzco is getting more than a little anxious. He can't get through on that phone call and he hasn't heard anything from the two teams of detectives searching both attractions. He knows he said that he'd supervise the teams, but it's pouring rain and if he goes out now he'd ... shudder ... get soaked. And then he'd be cold and miserable for the rest of the night because they still have dinner reservations at the Brown Derby and he'd have to go in his cold, damp clothes if he went out in this weather. To relieve his frustration and give him something to do, he starts to pace ... and notices that there is an entrance - or is it an exit? - that seems to head in the direction of the Tower of Terror ... .

*No, he decides, he'll give it a few more minutes. If he hasn't heard from his team investigating Tower of Terror by then, he'll investigate that walkway and see where it leads.*

9. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

OOC: I'm sorry, I didn't see your post before I posted mine (must have been writing it as you were writing yours :doh:) Yeah, in my post I had stated that they were making their way through the boiler room, but I may not have made that clear. Sounds good to pick up where 5titch left off though ;)

The detectives approach the elevator while Scar was still protesting- his claws out and his teeth bared. Belle steps into the elevator and glances around.

"I TOLD YOU I AM NOT GOING IN THERE!"

Belle heard the lion bellow outside and looked back at him with her hands on her hips, "Sir, with all due respect considering the experience you have in this work, I believe- being that we are detectives - when we are assigned to search an attraction that is malfunctioning, that it's our job to detect thoroughly what's happening!"

"If you want to get killed, librarian, than after you!" Scar hissed. "I'll be waiting out here to let the others know where your 'investigating skills' led you."

"Now dear, I don't think any harm lies in wait on those elevators," Ursula tried to reason to Scar.

Belle rolled her eyes and muttered 'scaredy-cat... literally,' under her breath before she walked into the elevator.

"I'm going in, and anyone else who wants to can feel free to join me."

10. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Thank goodness I'm alone right now. I'm laughing my head off at this exchange I'm picturing in the Tower of Terror ... it's hilarious. :lol:

11. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*With the elevator shaft left ajar, Belle bravely sits down intending to go up ahead and investigate what may lie ahead. She even taunts her beloved, calling him a "scardey cat." While she's annoyed at the bimbette for the comment, she see's her reasoning behind the suggestion. She then decides to go with another means of persuasion.

"Scar Darling, you know as well as I do that's in eveyone's besnterest to stay togegher and investigate." The sea witch then sits down on the front row, "the emeeithgency exit is right behind you," pointing to the now unlit area. "You're more than welcome to wait with Kuzco in the gift shop..."

12. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: Oh sorry... For some reason, calling it an elevator SHAFT made me think it was an open shaft with no elevator in it.

13. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

[​IMG]

Belle watches as Ursula coos to Scar, "Scar Darling, you know as well as I do that it's in everyone's best interest to stay together and investigate." She sits down and shoots a dirty look at Belle (I assume she heard my remark, Belle thought with a sigh), before she finishes talking to Scar. "You're more than welcome to wait with Kuzco in the gift shop."

"Well, blast it all, I'm not afraid of a little elevator!" Hook huffed.

"Nothing nearly scary about this aside from the decor," Edna agreed. The two walked in and sat in Belle's row.

Diablo cawed and entered along with Stitch. Scar's eyes never left Ursula as the other detectives were finding their seats. Belle could not tell whether or not Scar conquered his fears as the lights flickered off and the doors quickly closed afterwards. The ride had begun.

OOC: I did that just in case you wanted Scar to enter the elevator, tokyodisneydad as I didn't want to leave him out in case you wanted him there :)

14. 5titch

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

**OOC Im enjoying the interaction between our characters right now :p
    Id add to it, but Im going to bed, lol

15. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo flutters into the elevator car and grips one of the handrails on the back of a seat very tightly with his talons. There's no telling what might happen. He caws nervously.

16. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

OOC: I'm going to be gone tomorrow morning and since I don't want to delay the game, I'm going to proceed with Scar deciding not to go on the elevator, as it works for the story that way too. /ooc

You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of The Twilight Zone.

Belle haphazardly listens to the announcer as she looks around the attraction, trying to decipher what was causing the malfunction that Kuzco had spoken of. She looks ahead and sees the eerie pretend ghosts of the 5 'elevator passengers'. While normally she would tighten her grip on her prince's arm and smile, due to the circumstances she was intent to keep focus and observe the scenes to make sure nothing was off about them.

[​IMG]

Belle jumped suddenly at a prick to her arm and sighed in relief when she realized it was just the Captain's hook accidentally nudging her, who seemed a bit more jittery about elevators than he had let on before. She looked over at him and he muttered an apology as Edna patted his arm on the other side of him.

One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, and this time, it's opening for you.

The elevator rises with these cryptic words and then begins to move horizontally as normal. Just as it is about to get to the actual shaft of the elevator ('almost time for those blasted sudden drops' as hook put it in a nervous loud whisper to Edna)... the ride stops.

Just as the elevator halted, Belle notices a FLASH of LIGHTNING

"Did anyone else see that?" Belle asked, finding it unusually strange as the attraction was off. She looked over and noticed Stitch partly closing her eyes. "Well Captain, maybe you"- she stopped when she saw Hook's eyes completely shut and sighed. "Never mind."

Hook opened his eyes and looked around before he cleared his throat and straightened in his seat, "Just a brief moment of confusion there..." Edna nodded at him sympathetically before she stood up nonchalantly, not shaken in the slightest.

"Clearly we've found the malfunction," Ursula noted, going over to the doors to open them.

"Ursula," Belle asked as the other detectives got their bearings and rose from their seats as well. "Is it safe to open the elevator doors at this point?"

Ursula looked at Belle as she simply opened the doors, without any consequence.

Belle sighed, noting the sea sorceresses attitude must have been in the name of her 'beloved'. She steps next to Ursula and looks down, and is surprised at what she sees... one of the elevators seems to have crashed for real.

Belle looked over at Ursula, "Ursula, do you think you can call Scar and ask him to manually lift our elevator and the one down there? Can he handle that"

Ursula scoffed, "Can he? Scar can handle anything." She picks up her phone and quickly dials the lion. "Hello sweetie... yes, yes I'm fine- no, nothing bad happened... Scar!! Listen, I need you to go to the control room and manually work the controls. No- no, I'm not hurt. But we may have found what caused the malfunctions for the ride. I know- I know you aren't normally like this... alright goodbye."

Ursula hung up and all eyes were on her. She looked at Belle with a terse smile, "Never fear when Scar is on the case."

Diablo cawed, with what Belle took as a hint of sarcasm. She nodded at him in a way to say she couldn't agree more.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  17. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

As soon as Scar raised the elevators, he went straight to Ursula and made sure she was okay. The detectives then made their way down through the cast access passages to unloading area and see what the crashed elevator had uncovered.

Belle was first to walk in and covered her mouth at what she saw.

Mad Madam Mim was dead and crushed, with a very peaceful expression on her face.

Hook followed in shortly after Belle and noted Mad Madam Mim's expression.

"Now isn't that rather ironic? You'd think she would look mad..."

Belle patted Hook's arm as he dealt with the awkward silence yet again from another 'boot in mouth' expression, and with a sigh pulled out her iPhone to help document yet another crime scene.

OOC: Everything in Pink is official. Sorry for the downpour of posts this evening- hope no one minded my borrowing their characters- I just wanted to include everyone. And so glad to hear others have been enjoying this as much as I am. You guys make it real fun! ^.^

18. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

meanwhile over in the Rock and Roll RollerCoaster

--cue music-- DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

Dr. Doofen shmirtz has followed Aurora, Merlin and Tinkerbell down the coaster tracks. It is dark, but Heinz can see the tiny pixie avoiding him. suddenly Aurora stops and he bumps into her. " I wish you would get some brakelights."

Aurora points something out in the dark....or someone rather. When he moves closer and with a little light he sees it is a person, a very dead person. Upon closer examination he can't tell the cause of death, but he does notice something.

DR DOOFENSHMIRTZ..." Hey everyone look ot this Wendy Darling has been tied to the tracks with a LENGTH OF ROPE. I will bag it for the lab.....hold on wait a minute I'm not wearing gloves...who has gloves?" Merlin hand Doofenshmirtz a pair of gloves and then he bags the evidence.

OOC* The ROPE is an official clue...also I know this a game we are competing against each, but is there anyone that can list or send me a list of all the clues. Between being a single father with twins and work, i am just keeping up with the post count and have kind of lost the clues. I will probably never figure it out anyway, but it would be more fun just to know.

19. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink watches as dr doof bags a piece of rope and said the victim was tied down, she was able to hear that it was a female and small but no more than that! tink tries to look but is blocked from doig so until the body is draped. But then tink gets a look at the hair and shoes sticking out and realises why everyone is looking at her oddly. it was Wendy girl!!!! tink sits down in shock , she is still upset even thought that minx tried to steal peters heart from her! Than it comes to her! they may think she did it, They think that I killed wendy! Tink tries to tell them that she didnt do it but they seem not to listen to her . tink backs away in disbelief.

20. mojoscout

mojoscout Jr. Goon

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I am so sorry everyone but I must go VIP because of school :( I WILL play in the next game for sure but I just can't keep up with this one at the momment :(

ps - Stef your doing an awesome job with this game keep it up! ;)

21. 5titch

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

**OOC Im good with you stealing Stitch, just dont call him a her, hehe /ooc

After the discovery of Madam Mim's body, with a quite unusual happy expression on it, Stitch can not help but wonder what it was she was doing up to the point of her death. Was she aware that she was about to die?

22. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Hearing a commotion in what sounds like the unloading area of Tower of Terror, Kuzco decides to venture into that passageway. To his ... well, not really surprise ... after all, don't all attractions empty out into gift shops these days? ... it leads directly into the Tower of Terror unloading area.*

Kuzco: 'Do you know you guys were so loud that I could hear you all the way in the gift shop? What happened that you ... ?'

*Kuzco doesn't finish that though. His voice trails off as his eyes catch up to his mouth. He looks at the scene and sees the detectives huddled around a crashed elevator - a legitimately crashed elevator, it seems. A closer look reveals what is left of Mad Madam Mim.*

Kuzco: 'Oh my! Can someone call DSI, my phone hasn't been getting very good service in here?'

23. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: I will change Ariel to VIP, but I give the same warning that I did with Kida; the 72 hour rule post will apply. VIP just means not required to make a post count. You still will have to post at least once every 72 hours or Ariel will be eligible to be killed off.

OOC: I'm heading off for work. I will update the game whenever I can. If I can't get on during the day, I will when I get home. Don't leave the park, we are going to the Brown Derby following the two crime scenes.

24. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar continues to flatly refuse to be pushed or dragged into the elevator.He is a little concerned as Ursala decides to go. This almost changes his mind but before he can enter the door closes and the ride begins. It isnt long before he gets a phone call and is asked to raise the elevators manually. With a sigh of relief he is just happy to hear Ursulas voice and that she is ok. Of course he does what she asked.

Ooc..ok that should get me back wih the group.

25. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink texts the other group at the tower to let them know of wendys demise and being tied to the tracks with a rope which was being bagged and tagged already. she waits to hear back of the othe groups findings. she gets back to the scene photographing and fingerprinting the tracks hoping to find the killers prints.