Homicide in Hollywood (Studios) - Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Aug 19, 2012.

1. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Let's start another post count: 3 in 48 Hours.
    Starts 13 September @ 3.05 pm PST, 6.05 pm EST, 11.05 pm GMT, 14 September @ 7.05 am Tokyo
    Ends 15 September @ 3.05 pm 3.05 pm PST, 6.05 pm EST, 11.05 pm GMT, 16 September @ 7.05 am Tokyo

OOC: Game information will be going out shortly, definitely tonight, just as soon as I move this scene a little further along. Please keep an eye on your message boxes and make sure you are able to receive PMs.

2. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Charles arrives at the table just as Kuzco returns and takes his seat. Kuzco still is glaring at Heinz and the atmosphere still is a bit off, but Charles either ignores it or doesn't notice.*

Charles: 'Good evening, as Emma said, my name is Charles. I will be your server this evening.'

*Charles continues chatting as he places baskets of bread and butter on the table.*

Charles: 'Can I start all of you off with beverages? And have all of you decided on your appetizers and main courses for this evening?'

*Charles walks around the table, taking everyone's orders.*

Charles: 'Ah, excellent, you should be most pleased. The food has been especially good tonight as we have a world renowned food critic with us tonight so the kitchen has been working extra hard. I'll put these orders in right away, it shouldn't be too long.'

*Charles smiles and walks away.*

OOC: Feel free to fill in with your orders when the food is delivered. You can find the menu for Brown Derby on allears.net. I didn't want to order for everyone.

3. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo taps the menu with his beak to indicate his choices to Charles.

"Very good, sir," Charles replies.

The wait staff have thoughtfully brought water in a bowl rather than a glass, so it's a bit easier for him to drink. He perches on the edge of the bowl dunking chunks of bread in the water and soaking them thoroughly before eating them.

4. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

--cue music-- DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

--As Dr. Doofenshmirtz sits down he is still getting glared at by Kuzco. He is about to apologize again when his Ipad music signals incoming mail. It is from Ursula and is a list of all the clues. Not realizing that she sent it to everyone, he looks over at her and gives a little wink in thanks.-- He then begins peering at the menu, but is shocked at the prices.==
    [​IMG]

"I hope that DFI is picking up the tab. I could never afford this on an Evil Scientific Genius salary. " ---After Kuzco assures him that it is taken care of he opens the menu and begins to order.--

Hollywood Brown Derby
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Dinner [​IMG]

[h=3]Menu Date: July 2012[/h]
    [h=3]Appetizers[/h]Potato and Leek Soup - with green onion creme fraiche $10.00
    Brie, Midnight Moon and Prosciutto Cake with Tete de Moine Petals, and an olive-roasted vegetable salad $11.00
    Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls - snow crab claw and a Asian slaw with spicy miso aioli $13.00
    Feuilles de Brick Napoleon of Blue Affine - with wild mushroom duxelle, griled portobello, golden chanterelles, and a fig reduction $11.00
    Andouille-crusted Prawn - over a black diamond cheddar grits wilted greens and ancho oil $11.00
    Bibb Lettuce Salad - drizzled with a peppercorn sweet onion dressing, cherry tomatoes, shaved radishes, and parmesan-seed frico $10.00
    Our Famous Cobb Salad - with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing $15.00
    [h=3]Entrees[/h]Sterling Silver Pan-seared Mojo Marinated Pork Chop - caramelized Manchego cheese and a Mango-tomatillo salso on a bed of crispy Boniato, applewood smoked bacon, sweet pepper and apple cider jus $33.00
    Grilled Loch Duart Salmon - with ginger-soy glaze over wheat noodles with julienned vegetables, Swiss Chard, water chestnut and Prince Edward Island Mussels and a lemon grass broth $34.00
    Duck Two Ways - Duck pastrami over a pear and melon salad with white balsamic, honey and vanilla reduction and Duck confit with farro risotto and spicey onion citrus jam $35.00
    Noodle Bowl - with Wok-fried Coconut Tofu, Soy Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Bok Choy, and Shiitake Mushrooms in a Red Curry Broth $28.00
    Pan-Seared Coriander Dusted Grouper -haricot verts, goat cheese and watermelon salad with a balsamic reduction and fennel oil $33.00
    Roasted Free-range Ashley Farms Breast of Chicken - stuffed with sweet pepper, chorizo, and smoked cheddar cheese over a celery root puree. Corinader dusted asparagus and a roasted red papper sauce $30.00
    Chared Filet of Beef - over Brentwood corn and Pancetta Risotto, arugula peston and pickeled rainbow chard $41.00
    Spit-Roasted Bison -with sauteed beets tossed in a herb shallot vinaigrette, forest mushroom white truffle croquette and a cocoa espresso barbeque sauce $38.00
    [h=3]Desserts[/h]Chocolate Three Ways - Praline Milk Chocolate Cream, crunchy ganache and orange chocolate mousse $9.00
    Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower - on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster $9.00
    Double Vanilla Bean Créme Brulée - with Dark Chocolate-dipped Biscotti $7.00
    Warm Seasonal Fruit Cobbler - with Créme Fraîche and Orange Blossom Honey $6.00
    Citrus Honey Nest - filled with a candied ginger blueberries over a lemon cheesecake $9.00
    Grapefruit Cake - Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit-Cream Cheese Icing $7.00

"Ok I will start with the Cobb Salad...go light on the dressing though, i am getting a little pudgy in the middle. For my entree I will have the Chared Filet of Beef...cooked medium please. Finally for dessert i will have the Chocolate Three ways...wait a minute is that Belgium Chocolate...NO?? well change that to Grapefruit Cake instead then."

5. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*Ursula looked down and decided to refrain from wine during the occasion, deciding on delectable spring water. "Hmm, I'll have to start out with the Cobb Salad, all that blabbing from the pharmacist about it has made me crave it... I'll then settle with the Chared Filet of Beef as an entree and the Grapefruit cake for dessert." Looking at everyone else, she was disgusted to realize that she had ordered the same thing as Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

--cue music---DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

--When it is Ursulas turn to order, Doofenshmirtz hears her order exactly the same thing as him. He feels there must be some connection despite the prescence of the mangy lion. Ursula reminds him of a teacher he had back in boarding school. She was tough, but a young Heinz had a school boy crush on her just the same.--

Heinz Speaks up wanting to show he can be a leader also...." Ok everyone....any ideas who our killer is? I have a few (ooc..not really), but would really like to hear others thoughts. Maybe I should try to adjust one of my Inators to an Analyzenator ---what do you think?"

OOC* Ursula and Heinz must have posted at the same time...It was funnay how they ordered the same thing

7. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

OOC: dancecats, I loved how you handled Kuzco being turned into a baby! :lol:

Belle opened her menu and tried to settle on a choice before the waiter comes to her. When he arrives, she thought she had made her final choice.

"I'll have the Bibb Lettuce Salad and Duck Two"- Belle stopped herself when she immediately thought back to the Aracuan bird being served as a dish to Ariel.

"On second thought, I'll have the Noodle Bowl," Belle decided, thinking that may be the safest choice considering how many detectives were a no show as of late.

8. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar sits down at the table next to Kuzco and with Ursula on the other side next to him. He has his back turned to Ursula for a short time to talk to Kuzco about the plans for later, so he doesn't notice the pharmacist flirting with his beloved.*

SCAR to KUZCO: " Listen Kuzco...all this investigating is fine and good, but you need to understand something. I was invited here by the mouse...you know the one...he signs your paycheck. I was invited to relax and recover from ...well that is not your concern and seeing as I can't remember it doesn't matter. Ursula and I will be all in for being part of the "team" tomorrow, but later this evening I have plans....special plans you see. I hope you will respect that and give us that time without an argument. "

*Just then Charles....ahh what an interesting name...comes over and wants to take his order. * " Just give me five of the same entree as Ursula my good man...I would like my meat rare though. Do you think you can handle that?"

9. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Kuzco never gets a chance to answer Scar, though. Just as Charles finishes taking everyone's orders and quietly departs, promising to return with their drink orders, a voice coming from nowhere interrupts the quiet conversations the detectives were having.*

Cheshire: 'What do a missing Mouse, a lost hat, and a bunch of dying detectives all have in common?'

*As the detectives all search for the source of the annoyingly familiar voice, an equally familiar grin begins to materialize. That grin is closely followed by the appearance of two eyes and the shape of a transparent pink Cat, which quickly solidifies. Even though the detectives should be accustomed to him levitating by the table, some of them still find it disconcerting.*

Cheshire: 'How ironic that when most people run from mice, you're running yourselves ragged looking for one. And only one? And if you're looking for a hat, you could have just looked up earlier today; if you're looking for the hat, well, sometimes you need to figure out the who before you figure out the where and while knowing the why could be nice, sometimes it just becomes another letter in the alphabet. For some, the hat is just the means to an end ... for others, it's just the end to the means ... and others still just are caught in the middle and only think they have a clue. If you become too focused in details you want to know, what and who you need to know, but don't, could kill you.'

*Cheshire settles back, grinning, giving them a chance to consider what he said. Normally he'd just vanish, having given them enough information for the time being to both sufficiently help and confuse, but he has a feeling that he'd better remain for a few minutes, at least.*

OOC: This is where Captain Hook can ask Cheshire his question.

10. DisneyPinsNYC

DisneyPinsNYC Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

**********OCC: This should be BEFORE the above entry- I was writing this as it was being posted.**********

"Ah yes, boatswain Charles, I'll have Peter Pan SEARED", says Hook without thinking. The other detectives look at him in unison. Tinker Bells flutters uncomfortably.

"Ah- I mean the PAN SEARED GROUPER.", amends Hook. The tension is lifted. "That's not to fishy is it?"

Tinker Bell mutters, "A Codfish for a codfish", under her breath. Hook ignores her as best he can. But, it still stings to be called a codfish.

As Charles is leaving he says that there is a famous food critic dinning at THE BROWN DERBY tonight. Hook is about to reply to that phrase when the Doctor begins the conversation about who the culprits may be and Ursula sends her notes to everyone.

"My, ominous octopi, what a splendid chart with such detail. If only I wasn't a unidexter... alas." Hook adds, "Boatswain Charles mentioned a food critic, do any of you happen to think it might be our fellow VIP? Why wouldn't he be eating with us?"

Before anyone can answer Hook makes one thing clear, "AND, my demented DOCTOR, we've had quite enough of your "inators" for now.... if you please. Let us stay as focused as possible!"

Belle smiles and Edna fights a deep laugh.

11. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo squawks at the floating pink cat. He will never get used to the idea of a cat that can fly! At least this one doesn't seem too inclined to eat birds. He hopes.

He sidles away toward the edge of the table and crouches, prepared to take flight if need be.

12. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar isn't surprised at all when the Cheshire cat appears and floats above the table. Instead he isa bit frustrated that he has been interrupted yet again, but no matter Kuzco has his warning of Ursula and Scars planned agenda for the evening. Scar listens to what the cat has to say, but it seems unhelpful to him.*

SCAR to URSULA..."Ursula dear...Did you catch any of what that pink feline just said? I swear if someone doesn't start speaking straight and stop speaking in riddles I am going to lose my temper. Hook deal with this please as you seem to have a level head on your shoulders these days."

*Scar notices the pharmacist paying a little too much attention to Ursula.*

[​IMG]

"And you little man need to watch youself."

13. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Cheshire's grin widens at Hook's inquiry about why this world renowned critic isn't eating with them, since he's there.*

Cheshire: 'Oh, I'm sure he's around here somewhere. The kitchen is under strict orders to make sure everything is prepared to exacting specifications. And after all, as it isn't everyday that the Brown Derby has a few old friends for dinner, the chefs were told to make quite an impression with their cooking.'

*Cheshire grinned, studying the detectives one at a time, looking for something that only he knew.*

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: That isn't the question Cheshire is going to answer. Cheshire just answered it because, well, he's Cheshire, always in a playful mood, and the question was too good to pass up. Captain Hook can ask Cheshire a question about the game and Cheshire will answer it. Just remember that you are asking Cheshire (not me, the host), so while the Cat knows a lot, he doesn't know everything. Also, keep the Cat's personality in mind when you phrase the question.

15. DisneyPinsNYC

DisneyPinsNYC Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

"Well, well, my fuddling Feline, you seem to know more than the rest of us. I'm wondering if we should suspect you of something. Would you perhaps know if our culprit FIRST appeared BEFORE 1980?", Hook inquired.

16. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

*Scar is sharpening his claws into the table top and staring down the pharmacist when Hook speaks up. Luckily for Doofenshmirtz the question is enough to get Scar's attention. Doofenshmirtz cringes in his seat from the lions scary eyes.*

"Well asked my dear fellow. Though who knows how the curious cat will answer. Probably in a way that makes no sense except to himself. I guess we will just wait and see. In the meantime...CHARLES!! Where is my dinner?"

OOC* 1000th post...Of course it would come in a Murder Game

17. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: Thinking about how best to phrase the answer in character.

OOC: Congratulations on the 1,000th post, Wally. Now how many of those 1,000 posts, do you think, were done in the pursuit of mayhem and murder? :lol:

18. tokyodisneydad

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

OOC* I would say over 90% considering I don't post much anywhere else....lol.

19. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: Uh-oh... :)

20. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC: Nice Wally, I just celebrated 1500 posts and that post was here too lol.

21. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

*Cheshire looks at Captain Hook, his mischievous grin fading to a more enigmatic one that betrays no thoughts going on in the Cat's mind.*

Cheshire: 'If it appears I know more than you, maybe that's because I use what I know more efficiently than you do. If you really sorted through what you know from what you think you know from what you don't know, you'd find you know a lot more than you think you know.'

*Cheshire pauses before continuing.*

Cheshire: 'But while I wouldn't recommend asking this particular lady's age when you find her, most women don't like it and she has been known to kill quite easily, she has been around for a while ... certainly before 1980.'

*Cheshire glances over the detectives and sees various expressions on their faces, ranging from glazed-over eyes to vague comprehension. Hoping that what he said eventually will sink in - and the fact that he hears Charles approaching - he quickly disappears.*

22. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: Heh. Since the question was phrased "do you know..." I was afraid Cheshire's answer was going to be "Yes, I do!" :D

23. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OOC: I thought about that, but decided against it as I thought it would just be too mean. :lol: Besides, I don't want the game to go so long that more players start losing interest ... and a missed question with no legitimate answer might prolong things needlessly as there really haven't been that many trivia/question opportunities as is.

24. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink orders the prawn appetizer knowing it will be her whole meal and that it wont really be anyone she knows( She hopes) She watches as that crazy cat pops in again and spins words in a circle. but she gets the gist of things and wonders about the hat at epcot.the one above everyones heads. everyone has been looking down for clues but not up. then she gets flustered when codfish orderes seared peter pan. Well tink will give that cod a good searing of his own if he hurts her peter! Then when that cat mentions the murderous animated female was around before 1980 she writes that down in her notebook. she looks around the table at everyone thinking about the case. except for ursula and scar making googoo eyes at each other! she shudders at the thought of those 2 together forever!

25. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

**ooc
    I am so sorry I have not posted all day. I have been up for almost 24 hours buying supplies and baking pumpkin rolls for a second job I just got. I did not think it would take this long, and I am still making them -.-

And to top it off, I am just now eating for the first time all day! yay!
    /ooc

As Stitch begins to make his order of soup and the fillet of beef, the annoying, yet mysterious voice of a certain cat appears once again at the table. Stitch wonders if the cat had reservations at all, or if he just happened to show up to try and get a free meal.

While Stitch is pondering on this, Hook asks the cat a question, one of which sparks Stitch's curiosity to the point that he may just have a lead on this case.

*ooc I want to guess but i dont want to die in the event I am wrong, lol. Is that so wrong?