Homicide in Hollywood (Studios) - Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Aug 19, 2012.

1. DisneyPinsNYC

DisneyPinsNYC Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

OCC: I thought a more nuanced question would be best for the CAT :)

2. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

As he waits for his prawns to arrive, Diablo ponders the floating cat's answer to the pirate man's question. That does narrow it down a bit, but he's still all muddled. He looks queryingly at Stitch, as if to ask if he has any ideas. Then he wipes his talons carefully on the tablecloth before tapping a quick text on his iphone: "WHO GOES ROUND WITH RABBITS??"

3. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*At that moment, Charles returns with a tray full of beverages and appetizers. He consults his notepad and accurately gives each detective the beverage and appetizer that he or she ordered.*

Charles: 'Your main courses should be out shortly. A few of them take longer to prepare, so we are timing things both so you have time to enjoy everything and so that all of your entrees will be ready at exactly the same time. If there is nothing else you need ... Bon appetit.'

*Charles gives the detectives a friendly but empty smile and departs.*

4. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Stitch, you have a correct understanding of the situation and I do understand. If you guess too soon (incorrectly), you become the next victim. However, you still can continue playing as a ghost - and game play doesn't change that much (you just can't make another arrest). At the same time, if you wait too long, someone else may sneak in ahead of you and make that winning arrest first. There's always a risk ... and I can't advise you one way or the other. However, I can say this: I have played every single game (except when I hosted), so I do know exactly how you feel.

OOC: One thing to keep in mind, about the clues ... remember what I said about transference. Not all of the clues come directly from the killer; some do, sure, but some of them come from someone the killer associate(s)(d) or interact(s)(ed) with. The hard part is figuring out which clues are which - and from there, piecing together the killer's identity.

5. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug followed the others to the restaurant, eager for some yummy fresh steak... Tartar of course for him. He gets himself comfy on a chair not far from Ursula, oddly enough. Orders his filet raw and still mooing, much to his delight, the staff at the restaurant seems to be more aware of his talking abilities and dot get confused.

As he cannot read, he gazes curiously at Ursula's Ipad and listens in while everyone talks. Curiously silent, his head cocked slightly to the side he is on good behavior. No fidgets, not scratching and no random outbursts when he smells the bacon cooking somewhere.

6. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink waits for her "meal" to be served while she sips her dandilion teaand goes over her notes. she hopes it will be an early night as she is tired from the days events but doesnt hold her breath knowing what the past has brought. she is glad no one yet has ordered the duck on the menu.

7. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

--cue music -- DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

--Dr. Doofenshmirtz is a little hurt that no one wants him to try to adjust one of his Inators in order to better analyze the clues. He is thinking to himself of who the killer might be and also how he might solve the case. He has always wanted to be a hero. Even if it was just for a moment. His desire to know how his brother Roger feels or even how Perry feels when he destroys one of the plans to take over the TRI STATE AREA. His mind is spinning when finally his Cobb Salad arrives.

"Finally I can eat I need the energy in order to work this high IQ of mine. You know I'm an Evil genius afterall."

8. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

As everyone begins to take a look at their notes, Charles begins to come out of the kitchen with everyones drinks and appetizers.
    He brings Stitch a nice hot cup of coffee alongside his soup.
    All the while, while this is happening, Diablo texts out to him "WHO GOES ROUND WITH RABBITS"

Stitch isn't quite sure as to what it is he is trying to say, or if he is just too tired to understand it at this time. Maybe after a few cups of coffee, he might be able to focus more on the clues at hand and be able to close this case before anyone else ends up dead.

9. CMR626

CMR626 Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

As Charles is coming around, Merlin orders. He figures Potato Leek soup couldn't possibly have detectives in it. He is very concerned about how he would react to eating part of a friend. "The bison sounds rather tasty, a shame they go extinct in not too long . . . I'll have to get back to you about dessert, we never seem to make it that far." As Charles leaves, the floating cat reappears talking gibberish again. "I wonder if I could zap him with a spell that would make him talk clearly and not in riddles. "Too much effort," he says under his breath as Charles returns with the drinks and Merlin's soup. "So, it seems we are no closer to the identity of the killer than when we started, just a few seemingly unconnected clues. This is rather hard to piece together.

10. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

*As Ursula looks around, the other detectives look to their drinks and appetizers that have come out. Most of them look toward them and make sure that its not one of their fellow detectives. By world reknown food critic, it must be Anton Ego. Probably checked out the entire main hall. Hmm, would the entree or dessert be the time to play her prank against Kusco?

11. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Kuzco quietly accepts his Cobb salad appetizer and hot tea, without saying much. This had been a long, exhausting day and he had been hoping for a quiet dinner where he could relax before going back to the resort to get some sleep before the next day. But then that Cat showed up and, if it's possible, things make even less sense. He starts eating his salad and listens to the discussion going on between the detectives.*

12. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

When the prawn appetizer is brought out, Diablo hops happily onto the edge of the dish and starts gulping them down. He looks around at the detectives and thinks how many of them are missing since this all started. He hopes Jack is alright.

After devouring the last of his prawns, Diablo wipes his talons on the tablecloth again and starts reviewing all the clues, hoping they'll make some kind of sense...

13. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Information is going out now. Please check your PM boxes shortly.

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*At that moment, Charles returns, accompanied by several other servers, each carrying a tray laden with plates covered with silver servers. The smell coming from the food is simply overwhelming and just smells delicious. After consulting their notes, they quickly and efficiently distribute the entrees to each of the detectives and the assisting servers quickly depart.*

Charles: 'Will there be anything else? How does everything look to you?'

*Charles waits patiently, waiting to make sure everything is acceptable before leaving.*

15. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug wags his tail, gently thumping the chairs to either side.

"Yes mr waiter man, it will be perect. thank you for the steak. I do so love steak. could you get me some of that yummy bacon i can smell? I would like some bacon, it is my favorite."

Dug starts working on his cubed raw steak bites.

16. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Charles blinks in surprise once again. He doesn't suppose that he will ever get used to that talking dog and he is grateful for his training in how to handle all situations, even the most awkward.*

Charles (to Dug): 'Certainly, um, sir. Just one moment, please, and I will get it for you right away.'

Charles (to the rest of the detectives): 'How are your meals? Will there be anything else you need?'

17. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo pounces on his salmon and begins to devour it rather messily, tearing off chunks with his beak. He pauses to take a drink from his water bowl and caws enthusiastically at Charles, nodding his head vigorously.

Thinking back to an earlier meal, he hopes there won't be any more surprises at this one. Especially not any more cooked bird detectives. He looks around at the others to see how they're getting on.

18. caligirlUCR

caligirlUCR Active Member

Rating - 99.2%
    234   2   1

Aurora's meal has arrived and she is quite pleased at the looks of it. She has been very quite at dinner partly because she is exhausted and partyly because she is studying Scar as she still can't figure out why he keeps calling her Princess Oreo. Aurora starts to eat her meal when her I-pad notification tone goes off. She looks and sees the updated notes from Ursula. She replies "Thanks, these are wonderful. BTW we need to talk. - Sincerely, Aurora"

19. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Kuzco picks up his knife and fork, ready to dig into his dinner. He is absolutely starving. Before he makes the first cut, he really looks at the food on his plate. Sighing with frustration, he gestures for Charles to come over.*

Charles: 'Yes sir?'

Kuzco (a bit impatiently): 'I think something's wrong with my dinner ... .'

Charles (consulting his order sheet): 'You're absolutely right, your dinner comes with ... . Please excuse me for just a moment ... .'

*Charles goes off to the kitchen and returns with a bottle of something and Dug's bacon. He hands Dug the desired bacon and returns to pour Kuzco a glass of what looks like chianti.*

Charles: 'My apologies, sir, how could I have forgotten? The drink, of course, is on the house.'

Kuzco (rolling his eyes): 'No, that isn't what I meant. Someone in the kitchen screwed up the order. This isn't what I ordered. I ordered the beef filet.'

OOC: No, I haven't forgotten that the game is 'dry'. If you notice I said it looks like chianti, I never said it is chianti. Furthermore, Kuzco will not drink the 'chianti' and anyone who does probably will end up very sorry that he/she did. My advice to you is: hands/paws off the complimentary beverage.

20. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

As Charles brings everyone their food, Stitch is excited to try something expensive for a change. Just as he is about to dig into his steak ( more like eat the thing in a big bite), salmon starts appearing on his plate.
    Stitch looks over to see Diablo playing with his food ( or is he eating it?). In any case, Stitch not being In a mood for fish, looses his appitite.
    Be tosses the steak under the table and whistles towards dug, pointing below the table.

Stitch can always get room service later that night if he gets hungry.

**ooc, he lost his appetite after what happened at the previous restaurant( being fish themed).
    and lol stef

21. CMR626

CMR626 Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Merlin looks at his plate, slightly perplexed. "Umm, Chris was it?"
    "Charles sir, yes what can I do for you?"
    "My bison appears to be a bit . . . small . . . don't you think? My last encounter with one of these creatures left a very distinct impression in my head. And this," Merlin holds up a tiny piece of meat, "is not from a bison. This looks more like mongoose to me. I've seen bigger pieces of meat from plague rats! I mean the meat is almost lost in all the beets."
    "I'm sorry sir, but I was handed that plate and told to bring it out to this table and," Charles checks the order ticket, "yes, to your chair, shall I request them to cook up a new meal for you sir?"
    "I would think so! Look this piece of meat still has fur on it . . . fur . . . on . . JUMPING GADZOOKS!!!!!!!! THAT FUR PATTERN! We know, or knew him!" At this point, any guest within earshot of Merlin is second guessing their meal and calling for a manager. Many are simply asking if management can do something about the screaming senile old coot in the bathrobe, but some are storming out looking a little green.
    "Tiger . .no no no . . . Timothy . . no no no . . . Timon, that's his name! The little skittish meerkat fellow. OH DEAR I ALMOST ATE A DETECTIVE!" Merlin promptly feints back, tipping his chair over and knocking his head on the floor. The bump (and subsequent pain therefrom) that results will stick with Merlin for several days after he reopens his eyes.

OOC - Official death from Stef, Fur pattern IDs Timon, not related to the killer.

22. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle had finished her salad and is happy that soon afterwards the entrees arrived. She was hungrier than she had realized as she hadn't eaten anything since breakfast due to the excitement earlier that day.

Charles sets the plate down in front of her covered with a silver server. Belle looks at it a bit oddly, glancing over at Edna and Hook beside her.

"Do Pasta Bowls usually come on plates?"

Edna shrugged, "I have never ate hear before, dahling."

Belle slowly takes off the silver server and - while she is usually one who can keep her composure - she cannot help but scream at what was in front of her.

"This is absolutely not what I ordered!!"

23. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink lofts the lid off her dish and is releived to see exactly what she ordered. She asks for a bottle of water UNOPENED for her to drinks as the screams of Merlin and Belle are happening almost simutaniously. she looks to see what the problem is and sees the bits and pieces of timone on the plate where merlin was sitting! she throws water in merlins face to wake him and quickly flies into the kitchen to see if she can catch the killer before any more mayhem occurs.

24. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

As Ursula recieves her entree, she is slightly dissapointed to see that she has gotten exactly the same as Dr. Doofenschmirtz. He even smirks and bats his eyebrows at her(ugh) . The leader suddenly complains about not getting what he ordered. Then Merlin and Belle scream in fright about their, the first one having a delicacy of meerkat. "Oh pooh, this definitely puts a damper on that prank. And why couldn't I get a meerkat for dinner?"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  25. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Kuzco looks over at Belle, who is staring at her plate in disgust, and Merlin, who has passed out on the floor. This time, instead of scorn, Kuzco's expression is almost ... sympathetic ... well, for Kuzco anyway.*

Kuzco (to Belle, since Merlin still is unconscious on the floor): 'Belle, they messed up your order also.' *Kuzco shakes his head in disgust.* 'And this is supposed to be Signature Dining. Signature Dining, where their Signature is Screwing Up. Ha, see what I did there?'

*Kuzco turns back to his own dinner, which should have been filet of beef. Instead of a gorgeously cooked piece of beef, he's looking at what appears to be ... liver? With fava beans? And a glass of something that resembles chianti?*

Kuzco (mutters under his breath): 'This looks like a dinner for Hannibal Lecter ... which doesn't make sense ... unless ... .'

*Kuzco turns pale and starts sweating at the same time. He starts fanning himself with his hand to try to cool down as he starts to feel inexplicably warm and dizzy.*

Kuzco: 'Has anyone seen ... . No, it can't be ... . And this looks more like ... .'

*Kuzco picks up the glass, sniffs it, and sets it down repulsed by the contents. However he's shaking so hard that he accidentally knocks over the glass and it spills across the white tablecloth, looking like the blood that it is. Seeing that, Kuzco falls to the floor, completely passed out.*