Homicide in Hollywood (Studios) - Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

** ooc, I misread the clue :(The clue just states Stitch finds some berries, it isn't specified as to the exact kind found

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: I was going to say ... Just to clarify, the clue is 'berries' not 'blueberries'.

3. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle entered the kitchen, took one look at what was left of Anton the critic, and verbally confirmed what she was sure most had already decided, "I've lost my appetite."

Everything inside her told her to leave before she passed out, but she was determined to do her part to investigate and stop this demented villain. She was starting to have a strong suspicion as to who may be behind all this, and she was sure the others were putting the pieces together too. A few more clues, and no doubt this nightmare would have its end!

Braving forward, belle queasily took pictures of the scene and recorded the berries Stitch found as he bagged the evidence.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

After helping Stitch tape off the scene, Diablo reluctantly flies over to the bossy man-- Kuz... something?-- when he calls. Diablo doesn't like the bossy man very much, but he does want to help solve the case.

The Kuz-man whispers that there's someone he's been very worried about, and he can't get them on his phone. As he explains the details, Diablo clicks and nods readily. Keeping everyone safe is something he'll gladly help with, and wings are faster than feet! He takes off quickly through the kitchen window while everyone is still searching for clues, and is gone before anyone can follow.

5. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC: So is this a positive accusation or just part of the story?

6. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

OOC: What accusation? I'm afraid I may have missed something...

7. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: There have been no positive arrests made. Everything that is happening is according to the story. However, those who saw Diablo leave are unable to follow him, so please remain where you are and let the current kitchen scene progress. It's only a matter of time before everything combines anyway.

OOC: The post count has ended. I will do a final count and we shall see where things go from here.

8. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Kuzco sighs with relief as DSI arrives on the scene. This is an unusually grisly scene and he's more than happy to relinquish clean up duties to them. One of the DSIs whispers something to him as the BERRIES are bagged; Kuzco nods and then yawns widely.*

Kuzco: 'I just have been informed that Bunsen and Beaker should have an update for us shortly. They're ... *air quotes* 'on the verge of a major breakthrough and they don't want any mistakes.'

*Kuzco pauses and notices that each of the detectives look positively exhausted.*

Kuzco: 'Wow, you look as exhausted as I feel. Why don't one of you drop these ... berries? ... by the DSI lab on our way back to the hotel? Since DSI is here to handle the clean up, we can just call it a night. We should have our' *air quotes again* 'update by then. And then we can figure out tomorrow ... tomorrow.'

9. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo flies as fast as he can to the hotel that the Kuz-man told him about. He remembers where it is from the map in his hotel room; he's good at maps, since they show the world the way he sees it from high above. He's a little nervous being alone, but he flies as high as he can.

He hopes he can convince the mouse-lady to come with him like the Kuz-man wants him to. She might not understand his gestures, but he can tap messages on his iphone's notepad app if he needs to. The mouse-lady should be safer if she comes back with him to be with the others... shouldn't she? He tries to fly a little faster.

10. Superfly

Superfly Member

0   0   0

--cue music-- DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATED

--Dr. Doofenshmirtz is disgusted as he is hit by a piece of chewed liver that is covered with lion spittle. "Scar...haven't you heard of chewing with your mouth closed? "

--As it becomes more and more apparent that this is another scene to be searched, Doofenshmirtz leaves the table to help. " Atleast I got to finally eat my Cobb salad."

OOC* Oh NO!! I may have been one short on this post count. I thought I had more time. Is it possible to make a guess before the hat draw? i would rather die from a false accusation than because I didn't have time for one post.

11. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug has several waiters cornered in the front area....... He seems to think they need to be questioned and he is incredibly angry about his frind Kevin the bird. It has been a while, and he hopes the other detectives didnt forget about him because he really want to bite something.

12. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo finally arrives at the Beach Club resort where he's been told that the mouse-lady is hiding.
    [​IMG]

He flies to her room; luckily she's left the window open since it's been so warm.

"Caw? Caw caw?"

There's no answer.

"CAW?!?"

There doesn't seem to be anyone here at all.
    [​IMG]

He flies around the empty room. On the floor on the other side of the bed-- so that he couldn't see it from the window-- there seems to be a pile of clothes and a fur coat. Wait...

He looks closer. It's... it's not a pile of clothes. It's the fox! The tricksy fox from before! Diablo can just make out the fox's own blue cape wrapped around his neck. The Kuz-man told Diablo that he sent the fox to check on the mouse-lady... and now the fox is dead and the mouse-lady is missing!

Diablo is not sure what to do, but he knows he can't do it alone. He sends a text to everyone:

COME BEACH CLUB RESORT QUICK QUICK! MOUSE LADY GONE! FOX IN HAT DEAD! HURRY HURRY PLEASE COME!

He adds the room number to the message so that the other detectives will know where to go. Then he perches nervously on the edge of the chair to wait...

13. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

'Wow, you look as exhausted as I feel. Why don't one of you drop these ... berries? ... by the DSI lab on our way back to the hotel? Since DSI is here to handle the clean up, we can just call it a night. We should have our' *air quotes again* 'update by then. And then we can figure out tomorrow ... tomorrow.'

Belle volunteers to take the berries to the DSI lab and looks over at Edna and Hook. Hook is looking around for any other clues and shaking his head as he mutters to himself and Edna is grimly taking pictures. The other detectives all look busy as well, and Belle decides not to bother them, figuring if she just went to the lab herself right now, they would all end up getting back to the hotel around the same time.

She walks out to the dining area and sees he is holding up a few waiters and growling menacing. Belle frowns as she goes over to the dog.

"Dug"-

"POINT!" Dug's communicator speaks up when he sights Belle. "My friend Kevin the bird is dead and I am very angry. I am thinking these people need the cone of shame."

"Dug," Belle said soothingly as she knelt down to him and pat his head. "This isn't their fault. As tragic a thing as what happened to your friend, the real culpit is the killer who is still on the loose."

"I am thinking we should question them."

"I don't know if that will help."

Dug's growl lessened as he looked at Belle with sad eyes. Belle held back tears as he petted Dug's head consolingly, "I'm sorry, Dug. But I promise you, one way or another, we will make sure whoever did this to your friend will pay."

Dug broke out of his stance and sat down as he looked pointedly to the floor, his ears back as he whimpered. Before Belle could think of anything else to say, her phone buzzed with a text. She looked at it and her mouth dropped.

COME BEACH CLUB RESORT QUICK QUICK! MOUSE LADY GONE! FOX IN HAT DEAD! HURRY HURRY PLEASE COME!

Minnie missing?? Another detective dead?? (albeit a shady character, but part of the team nonetheless...)

"Dug, we need to go to the Beach Club Resort, but we might want to wait for the others," Belle suggested. She wanted to go to the lab but she figured she would do that on the way with everyone else. With the body count this day had brought, Belle shuddered at the thought of being alone...

OOC: Hope it's okay that I borrowed Dug a bit, psycho pixie! I just didn't want him to be left out =)

14. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: By my count, you're fine. But if you want to guess, go ahead.

OOC: Speaking of guesses/arrests, any time anyone wants to make an arrest, just send me a PM and let me know that it's an 'official' guess/arrest.

15. Story

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

OOC: I kind of want to make a guess but I'm afraid of either (1) ending the game or (2) being responsible for Belle's death :lol: I'm sure someone else will get the nerve before I do.

16. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*Kuzco is walking to the front of the restaurant with Belle when he sees her stop to talk to Dug, who is holding up a few of the waiters and growling menacingly. Being far too tired to get between an extremely irritable golden retriever and the frightened waiters, Kuzco yawns widely and sidles past Belle, fully intending to leave the restaurant. He is thinking of the jacuzzi tub in his suite back at the Boardwalk when his phone rings, indicating a text. He mutters inarticulately as he tries to find his phone. When he finally does, he calls out to Belle as he starts to read the text.*

Kuzco: 'Oh, and if that's the lab, when you stop by, could you ... '

*Kuzco's voice trails off as he reads the text and he realises that it's from Diablo, not the lab. He turns pale once again as he reads the text.*

Kuzco (mutters quietly, to himself): 'Wow, that's not good. And that's why I couldn't get either one of them on the phone earlier today ... .'

Kuzco (to Belle, a bit impatiently, but this time it's clearly motivated by exhaustion and stress): 'When you're done with the therapy session, do you think you can round up the detectives so we can head over to the Beach Club?'

17. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: We are at 'that point' in the murder game, that's for sure. 'That point' being where most players most likely have at least a short list (with a probable top candidate) of who they think the killer is. The question is, who will get the nerve to make the (correct) guess first ... ? I'm actually expecting to start getting guesses/arrests starting around any time.

18. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: I had a guess, but the berries don't fit in with my theory...

19. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Let's do another post count. Let's do 3 posts in 48 hours.
    Starts 15 September @ 8.25 pm PST, 11.25 pm EST, 16 September @ 4.25 am GMT, 12.25 pm Tokyo
    Ends 17 September @ 8.25 pm PST, 11.25 pm EST, 18 September @ 4.25 am GMT, 12.25 pm Tokyo

20. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: I would have a care with Ursula's notes; they do NOT match mine for given clues. I am not referring to hidden clues; unless you are choosing not to discuss those (which is fine), quite a few have been overlooked. Also, and this is my last time saying it: remember transference vs direct clues.

OOC: More information is on its way, please check your message boxes.

21. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo shifts uneasily from foot to foot as he perches on the chair, waiting for the other detectives to arrive. He hopes the Kuz-man will be able to get the hotel people to let them all in, since they can't all fly in the window. People always seem to do what the man says, though. Maybe it's the big shiny hat. Humans like shiny things almost as much as ravens and their crow and magpie cousins do.

He looks around, but he can't see any clues right now; just that the fox seems to have been strangled with his own cape. Maybe the other detectives will be able to find something. Poor fox. Diablo hates to see a fellow trickster ended this way. Maybe the fox was a thief, but that was just his nature, after all...

22. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: What do you mean by hidden clues?

23. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: There are subtle (i.e. hidden) clues in some of the posts that, if you can correctly identify them and understand what they're supposed to mean, might help you identify the killer. The game is completely, 100% winnable without a single hidden clue, so unless you're very experienced, I wouldn't bother with them, as they can lead you down a false path. If you start 'forcing' and seeing hidden clues everywhere, you can start following clues that don't exist. Once this game has ended, I will explain ALL of the clues (given and hidden), so you'll see how everything fits together (at least, in my mind).

24. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

OOC: It's not my intention to mislead anyone, but I guess going through 40+ pages isn't bound to be perfect. I jotted down a couple because they were "highlighted", but they are probably not "given" clues rather notes to display the scene. Clues are also not in true chronological order, with some clues plugged before/after their occurance due to space restraints. A few are also paraphrased.

25. DisneyPinsNYC

DisneyPinsNYC Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Hook gets the text regarding the new crime scene and heads over with the rest of the detectives.

"It's beyond parallel to bring Ms. MOUSE into this! What a despicable character.", muttered Hook to himself as they walked over.

Scar and Ursula seemed to be keeping toward the back of the group, as if they were going to run off at any time. Hook gave a look to TINKER BELL who seemed to understand his concern. 'Who would have ever thought that perky pixie and I would be on the same page about anything', he thought to himself.

The detectives also made a quick stop by the lab to drop off the berries. Belle was in charge of them, and a good thing to since Hook hadn't been able to finish his dinner. He was hungry and glad to not be in charge of evidence that was edible. After Belle dropped the berries off at the lab, Hook stated, "Well, well, my quickly dwindling VIP family, let's try our best to stay together and move forward to find more clues."