Homicide in Hollywood (Studios) - Game Thread

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by dancecats, Aug 19, 2012.

1. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

OOC congrats on solving the case!!!

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*As Kuzco and the detectives rush into the Boardwalk, the concierge at the desk quietly opens the door to the Innkeepers Club and directs them to go directly to the Steeplechase Suite, reminding them that someone wishes to speak with them. Kuzco nods, anxiety stilling his tongue for once. He doesn't like the idea of someone being in his room. He slides his room key into the lock, opens the door, and scans the room. There's a figure sleeping in his bed ... it looks like Minnie Mouse! Before anyone can approach the bed, Yensid steps out from the shadows.*

Yensid (to Merlin): 'Congratulations, young sorcerer, on your arrest of Maleficent. It was very well done but not entirely surprising. I have followed your career for some time and I have come to expect nothing but great things from you.'

*Yensid pauses as he looks at the detectives.*

Yensid: 'But why don't all of you be seated? This conversation will take a few moments and you might as well sit down before you fall down.'

*Yensid resumes his place in his chair at the bedside beside Minnie and patiently waits for the other detectives to find seats before resuming speaking.*

3. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: There's a bit more, I'm just letting everyone catch up before going on. I may finish it tomorrow, depending upon how long it takes, as it's after midnight my time.

4. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

* After making his call to the concirge and apologizing for changes the concierge tells Scar that he will take care of everything. Scar then goes up with the rest of the group.*

"You mean to tell me I had to change my plans for some old dude in a dress?"

5. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

After making it to the room, they are greeted by what appears to be another wizard. He congratulates Merlin, and ask everyone else to take a seat.
    Stitch happily plops straight onto the floor, sitting on his butt.

6. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Diablo flutters in and sees another wizard who seems ready to make a long speech. Diablo is quite familiar with long speeches from magical types! He perches on the chandelier, as he's still a little jumpy and he can see everyone from here.

7. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle sees Yen Sid and is relieved to see Minnie is there as well, and hopes she is okay. Still concerned for Mickey, Belle takes her seat with the other detectives and waits to hear what Yen Sid has to say.

8. DisneyPinsNYC

DisneyPinsNYC Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Captain Hook makes his way out of the weeds, finally, and is comforted by Belle. He arrives in time to hear that the HAT was still missing.

Leaning over to Belle and Edna he says, "I told you both it was, in part, about the hat. I hope that we are able to find it. I feel there is still DANGER in the air while it's missing.

The detectives all gather for a mysterious meeting and eagerly await news of any kind about MICKEY, MINNIE, or the HAT.

Belle grips Hook's hook carefully as they sit and wait for the news. Edna, refusing to sit on the ground, leans on Hook's shoulder. These three of stuck through it and will not soon forget this adventure. These two have changed Hook, and in some strange way, calmed him. He thinks about how strange this adventure has been.

9. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

*As the other detectives make their way in and find seats, Yen Sid takes a look, nods in acknowledgment that all are present, and resumes talking. Calmly addressing the other detectives at large, he begins to speak.*

Yen Sid: 'I was not entirely surprised Maleficent was behind this as I have been tracing what I now know is her magical signature. Using that knowledge and a few ... unique ... skills of my own, I was able to figure out what happened to Minnie.'

*Yen Sid pauses in his speech to gesture to the figure sleeping in the bed beside him before resuming speech.*

Yen Sid: 'That piece of wood you found in her room ... that was from a spinning wheel. J Worthington Foulfellow came into the room, saw the spinning wheel, and identifying it for what it was, shattered it with his cane - unaware that he was too late because Minnie already had touched it at Maleficent's command and he was in mortal peril. As he destroyed the wheel, Maleficent strangled him with his cape and, correctly fearing another crime scene, vanished what she believed was all of the spinning wheel pieces and disappeared with the now-enchanted Minnie.'

*At that moment, Edna Mode interrupts and asks if there's any way to wake Minnie. As Diablo snickers knowingly, Yen Sid looks pointedly at the raven to behave before answering the question.*

Yen Sid: 'Don't you see, that's the other component to why Maleficent wants Mickey missing? Remember, as Diablo indicates he does, this is Maleficent's spell; just as Aurora needed her prince to awaken her, so Minnie needs her Mickey. No Mickey, no happily ever after. I was able to locate Minnie and I will use all of my magical knowledge to make sure that she stays safe.'

*Yen Sid then turns to Kuzco and addresses just him.*

Yen Sid: 'Kuzco, I thank you for your time and ... leadership. You may stay on and assist as a detective or return to Kuzcotopia, it's up to you.'

*Yen Sid then turns back and addresses the detectives as a group.*

Yen Sid: 'When I return, I will be joining you, or should I say, leading you in locating my missing Apprentice.'

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  10. CMR626

CMR626 Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Merlin recognizes the figure in the shadows even before he speaks. In much the same way he recognized Maleficent and Ursula, he knew Yen Sid's name before ever having seen his face. News of the great (both good and evil) magic users spreads throughout the magical community, even if they are solitary by nature. And Yen Sid is possibly the most well-known, and solitary, sorcerer of all time. "I hope to be that recognizable someday. I wonder if he'll let me try the hat on when we find it," he thinks to himself.

He then turns: "What do you mean young?! Is it even possible to tell how old either of us really is? I might be your grandfather...."

The gravity of how he was addressing possibly the only sorcerer Merlin would admit to being weaker than magically hit him in that moment. He bowed his head and sat down, muttering to himself "oh dear, I just did that didn't I, oh dear . . ." He listens to the rest of Yen Sid's tale, and cocks his head at Diablo when he laughs. "Well, we were planning on finding the Mouse anyway, now we have another reason. Why would they want to put the girl to sleep?"

11. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Dug had followed the rest of his "pack" to the suite. Sitting on his haunches he listened to the dark wizard man quietly. He waits, wondering just where Micey is. He waits, because as soon as this is done, he will have to go home and explain to young Russell that his favorite bird is dead for no reason other than total rotten meanness.

12. nursek8

nursek8 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tink listens as yensid speaks and occasionally nods in agreement except when hi tells kuzco he can stay and lead if he wants to. she would rather have yensid lead this next part of the mission to find minnies prince mickey.

13. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Belle waited for the other detectives to arrive, gripping Hook's hook as she sat with her friends. She glanced over to see Edna leaning on Hook's shoulder and smiled as the two held hands. If anything came out of this, she wondered if maybe the captain and the designer who had become her friends may both get a happy ending together...

She then listened attentively once Yen Sid began to speak and was disheartened to find out Minnie is cast under the ever wicked Maleficent's spell. However when Yen Sid addresses the group, Belle can't help but express confidence in her new found comrades.

"I am sure that with your expert help, sir, we can find Mickey and give Minnie her happily ever after. Working with this team through all that we've been through, it's clear to see that we all have our share of flaws, but we also have our share of talents. And even... our leader proved resourceful," adding under her breath, "despite seeming to lack dedication and being a bit insufferable at times" Kuzco shot her a look that indicated he may have heard her. She cleared her throat and continued, "That being the case, I'd be happy if he chose to continue with the team, and of course I'd be happy and even honored to work with each and every one of them again, especially if it meant bringing Mickey home."

14. caligirlUCR

caligirlUCR Active Member

Rating - 99.2%
    234   2   1

Aurora went into the room and saw the shadowy figure and at first wondered if this was some sort of a trap. Aurora was cautious even when she saw that it was Yensid. If there is anything she has learned from her yeas on the job it is that every character can have a dark side. Aurora took a seat as requested and listened as he spoke. Which during which all she kept thinking was that this case is still far from closed.

15. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad Active Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ooc... So Stef are we stuck in this room until next game or is something else going to take place?
    Scar has one final cliffhanger to leave this game with but dont want to mess up any plans.

16. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Yen Sid (clearly coming to a conclusion): 'I would very much like it if you stayed on and assisted with the investigation in your present capacities as detectives.'

*Yen Sid studies the detectives present, his facial expression giving away none of the thoughts going on inside his head. However, he doesn't need to use magic to sense that these detectives are exhausted to the point of nearly collapsing and, in any case, he needs to move Minnie and secure her location at once.*

Yen Sid: 'As I can see that all of you are exhausted ... and I must move Minnie to a safe location and secure her until Mickey is located. I will return to lead you shortly and we must then resume our search for Mickey in earnest. Until I return, take a few days' rest to recover from this ordeal. I ask only that you keep your eyes and ears open for anything - and I mean anything, no matter how small or insignificant - that seems amiss. When word of Maleficent's arrest gets out, and rest assured that it will, it will reach her companions - and we must be prepared for any reactions and be able to take advantage of any missteps. Don't worry about finding me when I return, I will find you. Just be ready.'

*Without another word, Yen Sid gathers a peacefully-sleeping Minnie, still wrapped in a blanket, into his arms, and walks out the door before anyone can react. When the detectives run to the door after him, they're too late; he's already gone.*

17. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: To Be Continued ... .

18. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Official post mortem will be posted shortly. That is, what the clues meant and where the official hidden clues were. If Merlin would like to explain how 'he' came to the proper suspect, he is more than welcome to do so.

OOC: As Yen Sid said, the detectives are NOT stuck in the room. They are free to go and by all means, continue playing around with the story if you'd like (and I hope you do, I love seeing what you come up with). However everyone will be expected to be ready when Yen Sid calls you back in a 'few days' (game time, not real time) for part two (I don't know when exactly, but I'm thinking/tentatively planning on a late November-mid December start time, depending upon how my schedule breaks down).

OOC: For those who have been following this thread but not playing: please don't let the fact that the next game is a sequel discourage you from signing up. Anyone can jump into these games at any point in the game chronology; even though the story is a continuation, you don't have to have played the first game to play the second.

19. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: Will the next game be a brand new thread, then?

20. 5titch

5titch Stitch's achi-baba!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

** ooc
    I still dont know who is still active, I feel I know, but I dont know if you have an actual list Stef
    Once I know who is alive that is a detective, you'll see what I have planned, lol

21. CMR626

CMR626 Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

OOC - All the animal clues (feathers, fur, hair, etc) made it hard to narrow down, and like the Baroness we had suspected Kaa with the hypnosis. After the female clue was revealed we had some suspicions, and the lightning helped cement some of them (ie Maleficent, The Evil Queen). The berries helped us to figure out the universe she was from (Sleeping Beauty) and made it pretty easy to guess from there. The clue that really helped though was a hidden clue (I assume it was meant to be one) when Stef went all Silence of the Lambs on us with Anton. Our server's name was Charles (which she made a big deal about repeating for us) - so was the man who wrote the original story of Briar Rose (that became Sleeping Beauty). From there the wood piece (that we actually attributed to her cane, not a spinning wheel) told us it wasn't one of the other fairies or Aurora herself. /OOC

Merlin takes this chance to go back to his room and crash. He'll go downstairs tomorrow and ask how long he has the room for; but for now he's too tired to care. The battle against Maleficent took almost all of his energy (he is no spring chicken anymore) and he is dangerously exhausted. "Maybe I'll pop over and see how Archimedes is doing after I rest up, see if he wants to come to Disney and see the sites." With that Merlin falls asleep, dreaming of Yen Sid's hat and multicolored firework displays.

22. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OOC: Yes, each game gets its own threads, both for sign up and game play. Because the games are a continuation, I just would keep in mind that the next game will pick up where the previous one leaves off.

OOC: I do have a list, but I would recommend checking the game sign up thread. I think I've, more or less, kept that up to date with who still is alive. As far as who still is active from who kind of ... well ... disappeared - you should be able to recognize those names, I would think.

23. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

*OOC: I guess I misunderstood about transference. I actually almost asked in an OOC post, but then I thought it would be a dumb question! :) I thought that transference had to be transferred via something the murderer would actually have *touched* in their film-- in the hypothetical example I was going to use, if we had a male killer and a clue of dog hair, then it could be Prince Eric, who of course pets his dog Max, or Eric's butler, who would reasonably have Max jumping on him, but not King Triton, who never touched the dog. I didn't think that the transference could happen just from the items appearing in the same film.

That's why I ruled out Maleficent-- the rabbit fur clue had me trying to think which female characters had ever interacted with rabbits. :)

Edit: I just had to come back to this post to EAT MY WORDS! Turns out the problem was me-- not thinking deep enough! I did not think about transference being multiple levels deep, like chess moves! My hat's off to Stef, the REAL Mistress (of all Evil)! :D I don't think I've ever been more delighted to be proved wrong! :rofl:

24. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

A tired beat and dejected Dug returns to him Puppydog suite. After a couple licks of fresh water, and a longing look towards the bed, he heads for the phone. Designed for ease of use for a dog, the phone has a quick dial pad and voice commands just for him. With a sigh, he dials the main line to the "spirit of adventure" blimp. Part of him hopes they don't answer, the news he brings is terrible.

Russell answers. With a sad voice, Dug tells him about the death of Kevin. He explains that meleficent has been captured but Mickey is stll missing. For security and to spare some gorey detail, Dug does not detail the other deaths. They discuss how to raise Kevins chicks without a momma, and the possibility of finding another bird of the same species to help. He ends the call, and heads for his bed.

OOC:: Dug will stay in his suite until the next round folks. I may or may not continue him in the next stage.

25. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

I'm curious how that pointed you to her?