House burnt down (update on us 10/22)

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Story, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Happier update : we are all doing well and looks like all eleven of us have found housing for six months. But of most wonderful news... my sister had her baby today and I am a happy aunt to my first nephew. :)

Thanks again everyone and just thought it’d be kind to end these updates on a happier note. Wishing everyone the best <3

Update 10/22:
    our family is is doing well and being very well cared for by our friends. I want to thank everyone for their kind posts, their thoughts and their expressions for us.

Losing two houses and having 11 of us displaced plus 5 animals ... it would be lying to say it hasn’t been traumatic. But it could have been much much worse. And each and every day I am so so much more thankful for our lives and that we have each other. :hug:

We are still looking for a more perm temporary housing, but for now we are staying at a friends place. Thanks so much for the kind post and comments

(I meant to keep my original post in here but looks like I accidentally deleted it.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. DoomScarf

DoomScarf Member

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0

Very sorry to hear that. Hope you can get your houses rebuilt. Glad the family are safe. :hug:

3. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles DPF Moderator Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Glad you all are safe. Sorry to hear about the house. My aunt's house burned down years ago and our family learned possessions and buildings can be replaced and rebuilt, but life is irreplaceable. Hope anyone else affected is safe.

4. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

So sorry to hear that, but so glad your family is safe.

5. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    152   0   0

:hug: I'm so sorry to see this. My husband and I were just talking about how terrible the fires were. We also have family members who have lost their home to fire. We were watching the news about a local fire, and my husband said, "I think that is Aunt W." We hadn't heard yet, because the news crew got there before the phone calls trickled down to us. Like ksnuggles said, as long as everyone is safe. It will be okay, even it takes awhile before it feels that way.

I don't know your Pinpics ID, but if it would help to purchase something, I'd take a look.

:hug:

6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I'm so sorry to hear about this. :(

7. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh that is awful to hear. I am glad everyone in your family is safe, but I understand how heartbreaking it must be to have lost your house. Wishing you good luck handling this the following weeks/months!

8. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what that must be like. But I am glad to hear that your family is okay and safe. As others have said, things can be replaced.

9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins I'm Here to Enable You

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Kayla, I'm so, so sorry. But glad you are all safe. Agreed, if buying pins will help you guys, I'll take a look. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need an ear or anything else. You're still in shock and will no doubt run a gamut of emotions for a while. We're here if you need us!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

So sorry this happened to you, the fires in CA have been especially wild this year. Glad to hear you are safe though.

11. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Oh that is terrible. I’m glad you, your family, and your pets are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Thank you guys so very much. Each and every post and kind word is appreciated. I don’t often like opening up about personal things (since I know everyone is truly going through something these days) but if down the road the pins have to go, I didn’t want the thread to come out of the blue. I will definitely keep everyone posted and any help will be appreciated but be assured your words are enough and I’ll really be hoping if anything that the pins can move to a home that they can be enjoyed by another amazing collection or trade quest.

Tears are def coming and going in releases between all of us but so true that at the end of the day it could have been horrifically worse. I am so, so very thankful and my thoughts and prayers continue to be with those who are dealing with loss from this, and from all the disasters as of late.

thank you guys so so much again <3

13. GoofyinMadison

GoofyinMadison PinPics: DIZFAN

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

So very sorry to hear this, but truly happy you, your family, and your pets are safe :hug: I can't begin to imagine what a scary experience this must be!! Stay safe!!

14. poohkat53

poohkat53 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Sorry to hear about your house. I am glad everyone made it out. Take care.

15. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Sending all the love and pixie dust we can muster! If there's any way to help, please let us know, and I hope you and your sisters find a safe place for the now until you can find a home again.<3

16. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

• Story I will keep you all and the rest of California in my prayers, I am so glad that all are safe and yes things can be replaced but not lives please let us know that you and your family are doing ok :angel:

17. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

18. Sami

Sami Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Sorry to hear about your house, good that everyone was safe. Fires are definitely a major problem in California, wishing you and your family the best during this hard time. **hug**

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

19. bcol

bcol Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Please be safe. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your house but that can be replaced. You and your family can't. I will keep you and the others affected in my thoughts and prayers.

20. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I'm sorry to hear the unfathomable happen, but it is a relief that you and your loved ones are safe. Thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust heading your way...

21. vans4bkah

vans4bkah Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

So sorry to hear you were directly affected by the fires. I am sure it is devastating. I am happy that your family and pets are safe.

22. Booger1964

Booger1964 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    288   0   0

Oh dear! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad you and your pets made it out safely! I hope you are able to recover quickly from your losses!

23. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

I'm so sorry to hear this :( Glad you, your family and pets are safe though <3 keeping you all in my thoughts :hug:

24. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Thank you so much again for the kind words. We were Coffey park residents, and saw the ashes last night of our cul de sac.

Nothing was left of either of our homes or our other neighbors. My sister and her husband lived across from us and my parents, siblings and I have lived together. I was in just complete shock not only for us but for all our neighbors too.

im so glad our family has stuck together since now and we’ll be sure to keep it that way. We took pics of the ashes knowing down the road we will look back on it with some happier times under our belt.

I’m not going to make any rash decisions about my pins or anything else we managed to save in the few surreal moments of not realizing we weren’t coming home again. So just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks again everyone and if I don’t post again any time soon rest assured we are all ok <3

25. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but I'm here to help if I can in any way.

I have relatives up in Santa Rosa. They were all evacuated the first day. My Grandma was moved to a different nursing home facility, but she was moved back yesterday. My aunt and uncle got to go back to their home as well, but they still don't have power or water. Initial word was that my aunt and great uncle's trailer park burned down, but the next day we found out that their unit might have been spared. We won't know for sure until they let people go back to that area (not sure when that will be). For now, my great uncle is staying in temporary shelter at the veterans' center, and I believe my aunt is staying at my other aunt's.