House burnt down (update on us 10/22)

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Story, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your and your family's loss. I can't imagine what you all are going through... but at the same time am glad to hear that you are all safe and have each-other for support to get through this. Sending love and pixie dust from Florida. ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Ohmygosh. I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss and grateful that you and your loved ones are safe. I am praying for you and your family. :hug:

3. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

OMG I am so sorry, Story. :hug:

4. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Im so sorry to hear about your houses. Happy that you are all safe though! If you need anything just let us know. Also would totally buy some pins if you need to sell. I cant imagine loosing almost everything you own. Like I said, if you need anything just let us know!!!

5. SiuJerkJai

SiuJerkJai Mrs. Nesbitt

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

I can only imagine how strange and stressful that must be. What a great loss. I hope the day comes quickly when you and your family can start making memories in a new home, and in the meantime, I hope you have everything you need. If there's anything we can do, just say the word. :hug:

6. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Gods, that is awful! But I’m happy you, your family, and your pets are safe. Things can be rebuilt and rebought. I shall hope that these awful fires get put out soon. ::hugs::

7. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Ads prevented me from responding to this at the same time as posting my “wanted” thread but just wanted to reemphasise thanking each and every one for your kind words and thoughts <3 :hug:

8. Poohlady5

Poohlady5 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    268   0   0

I am so sorry to hear about your houses. But happy and relieved that you, your family, and your pets are safe.

9. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

So sorry about your house - but glad you and your family are okay!

10. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I'm sorry to hear this happened. Glad your family and pets are safe though.

11. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

I am so sorry to read this. Glad everyone is safe and together. ((HUGS))

12. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Thank you guys so, so much. I am so relieved that we are all ok too- it’s something I am grateful for each and every day. <3

I think right now the hardest part is trying to get a sense of normalcy or even understand what normal is. I wouldn’t think about it much if I were just a bystander to the situation, and now being in the situation, I don’t know how to even describe how it feels. It’s just kind of like life goes on around you and you keep thinking “yeah I should be doing that” but we can’t really until we know where we are going from here. One day at a time has never been an easy concept for me, now I’m getting a crash course in really taking it to heart. :doh:

And a little tip to pass along: take Home pictures and take them often. My mom thankfully did that a lot in my house but I’m sad that I didn’t do that much in my own room. I’ll be sure to next time <3

thanks so much again everyone :hug:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  13. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

I haven’t been on in quite some time. I’m so sorry to hear about your house. As long as you all got out safe, things can be replaced,lives can’t. God Bless You All!

14. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Thank you so much :hug: I know, I really can’t imagine how it would have been if I didn’t have my family with me and everything that has always supported us. We are doing well and even tho we still don’t have a perm temporary place to live (tho we might have some leads as of yesterday!) we are working on just taking one day at a time and have not been without a place to rest each night. And we are looking forward to welcoming my sister’s little one this next Friday (my first nephew!!) so it’s not all rain clouds by any means :)

thanks so so much for keeping us in mind and wishing all the best to everyone for whatever life is throwing at you! Everyone is going through something <3

15. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Happier update : we are all doing well and looks like all eleven of us have found housing for six months. But of most wonderful news... my sister had her baby today and I am a happy aunt to my first nephew. :)

Thanks again everyone and just thought it’d be kind to end these updates on a happier note. Wishing everyone the best <3

16. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Yay! Congrats on housing and on the new nephew!! Both are very exciting and happy bits of news

Story likes this.
  17. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Very happy to hear the happier news!

Story likes this.