• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How Are You Going To Display Your 30th Anniversary Pins (if at all)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Are You Going To Display Your 30th Anniversary Pins (if at all)??

outrundaylight

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like so many, I have completed the 30th Anniversary Pin Collection. Congratulations to everyone who stuck through and made it! :hug:

Now the big question, if you are going to open them from the packaging, how are you going to display your pins??? I've been on the fence about opening the packaging as it's really nice and has the artist's name. But I feel like such a nice completed set deserves to be displayed on its own apart from the main collection. Since I've been thinking of this all day and unable to come to a decision, I figured I'd ask the dedicated community for your advice.

Any suggestions or pictures are welcome, as I'm positive everything will help or give inspiration. Thank you!!

LOL congrats on completing the set. I think a cool way to do it would be to cut out the name from the back as well as each movie name/year, and you can display them in their own blocks. That way, you can actually see who designed them!

In terms of actual implementation, you can prob get a big shadowbox, hotglue the cardboard names/ movie titles down, and pin the pins lol Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

It's a great set on its own so I feel like it may definitely deserve its own pin board. The idea of cutting out the movie names along with the designer may be an asnwer! Thank you for the suggestion!

I was considering putting them aside as well until my wife and I could expand our current pin board, but after everything we went through to get them, I'm leaning towards finding a way to display them lol Hopefully, one day, we too will have a Disney Room!

If you don't want to damage the cards, you could always scan them and print. Then your card is till intact.

Be careful about leaving the plastic over them. Some of my millennium pins have started to yellow. Not sure
if it because of the plastic, but it could be.

Is that cause its the thick kind of plastic rather than the normal pin packaging?

Wow! That's awesome! I wonder where they got those little nameplates from. Great idea! I almost forgot that about the Jiminy Pin and backpack. Thanks for sharing!

I looked it up on reddit. They said they used Silhouette printable silver foil & a paper punch. Hope that helps!

I'm incredibly late to this response, but thank you for looking! We've still be on the fence about how to display. We may order one of those corkboards cut into the shape of Mickey and then cover it ourselves in a blue fabric that'll be reminiscent of the 30th Anniversary. Thank you for checking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back