• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

how do I tell if THE OTHER KIND is scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I tell if THE OTHER KIND is scrapper?

teddibubbles

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the fake pins photo back of the print pins. you had up. but that is for the cut out mickey back... other than a light pin or just feels strange.. I cant find any other info... sometimes i see front photos of pins they have made fakes. but there are real pins of same things.. so im still hopeing to find a more better BACK OF THE PIN veiw to understand what to look for NON CUT OUTS ON THE BACKS OF MICKEY ON PINS. normal backing kind.. need info how to tell if fake.​

Hey, take a look at a post I made in this part of the forum. It's called something like "check this brochure out" and its all about spotting scrappers and fakes. I made the pamphlet and I hand them out in the park whenever I am there to people who are saddened by learning that they have scrappers or fakes. In particular, take a look at the middle panel of the back (the page with the little girls on it) and there is a fairly comprehensive checklist of what to look for in scrappers and fakes. I left it open for everyone here to comment on, and if you scroll down to the bottom there is a final draft that was modified by everyone. It seems to be a fairly good agreement by most on the forum on what to look for. It only includes things that are tried and true, and not things that are only sometimes true or are rumors. There are rumors that you can check with a magnet or a black light, but they are not !00% foolproof and therefore cannot be used on every pin. Hope it helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back