• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you trade in the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you trade in the parks?

sacol4940

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We're off to DLP on Friday :)

I've built up a few traders (OE, HM and LE) but how do you trade? Do you just walk up to peoples/CMs and ask to see their pins?

With the CMs, do they have to take what you offer or is it still like trading with none-CMs where you have to agree a trade...?

Pretty nervous about the whole thing :ugh:

Hey,

This Friday, you have the PTN at Sequoia Lodge, it's free and friendly.

For trade in the park, you can trade anything pin with Cms (Normally it's you who choose the one you want trade).

Ok cool...hopefully the CMs have some good pins :)

Yeah I saw the PTN, unfortunately we're not due to get there until about 9.30pm so will miss it...we'll be in the parks on Saturday and Sunday

Arf it's a pity :(

But you can go at Pueblo saturday, it's open to 10:00AM and you have a board for trade OE and LE pin.
And at Harrington shop, at 06:00PM you have some collectors who go there for trade, because the board it's here ^^

Last edited:
I only bring some cheap pins with me to trade with the CM's if I see something that I like, other then that I really don't trade at the park. I'm there to ride the rides and enjoy myself and don't want to be lugging around a bag full of pins.

I only bring some cheap pins with me to trade with the CM's if I see something that I like, other then that I really don't trade at the park. I'm there to ride the rides and enjoy myself and don't want to be lugging around a bag full of pins.

Yes me too because it's rare (infrequent) that a CM has beautiful pin.

I have a few cheap pins to bring... Ive also brought a small pin bag that ill bring a few others in...wont be bringing loads with us

I don't know about Disneyland Paris, but I bring three large pin bags to the parks. I never know when I could stumble upon a Lion King pin that I don't own lol. ;D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Hello. So not sure how it works at DLP. But at Disney World I usually go into a lot of the stores to find CM's who are wearing pins. I ask if I may see them and I have never had anyone say no sincerely. I believe they have to trade. But then again I don't know how things work at DLP. When I trade with guests I try to bring a pin bag, a little bag little mini zip bag) (for keepers once I trade) and a lanyard. I like to keep my keepers separated from the traders. I find it very frustrating when I ask someone about a pin and they say it's a keeper. I appreciate when people only show me their Traders when we are trading. It's okay to be nervous. It's very fun though. Just know you'll meet a variety of people. Some people are friendlier than others. But enjoy the experience. I hope you have a very magical trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so , trading at DLP :
1. If you see a CM with a lanyard you can ask them to take a closer look , a green lanyard means they'll only trade with children though (Only ever seen them a few times , always at hotels) , then you decide if you want to trade .
2. You can trade any pin for any of theirs on display for any of yours , both your choice . Although I personally let them choose from mine , some really seem to appreciate that .
3. They have trading boards / books in a few places but I never found anything worth taking , just the usual scrappers .
4. Don't forget to ask CM's in the hotels , they aren't seen as often as those in the parks so you might find something nice . The shops in Downtown Disney are pretty good places to hunt too , their staff change shift more often so better chance of new lanyards to look through :)
5. Don't forget that maintenance / cleaners are classed as CM's too and hardly anyone trades with them , I found a lovely lady who traded me a few new lanyard refresh pins doing the clean-up after the parade .

Have an amazing time :D

Thanks everyone :) I'll just approach a couple of CMs and see how I get on :)

Not expecting to find grails, but might find a couple of nice ones

Whilst we were over in Florida, the Cast Member 45th Anniversary Beauty and the Beast pin was released. I'd pretty much only bought some Haunted Mansion a couple of days before and didn't really know anything about pins. I spoke to the guy on the sales desk in the Main Building of the Carribbean Beach Resort and asked how you could get a Cast Member pin. He explained it all to me and said he's off work tomorrow morning, he'll go to HQ and see if they have any left. Next night I go back and he says he managed to get the last one, "I can't take any money for it, but I can trade for it". I gave him about 6 blind bag Russian Doll Princcess doubles (my fiancée was picking them up) for it, just to try to compensate the value.

Whilst we were over in Florida, the Cast Member 45th Anniversary Beauty and the Beast pin was released. I'd pretty much only bought some Haunted Mansion a couple of days before and didn't really know anything about pins. I spoke to the guy on the sales desk in the Main Building of the Carribbean Beach Resort and asked how you could get a Cast Member pin. He explained it all to me and said he's off work tomorrow morning, he'll go to HQ and see if they have any left. Next night I go back and he says he managed to get the last one, "I can't take any money for it, but I can trade for it". I gave him about 6 blind bag Russian Doll Princcess doubles (my fiancée was picking them up) for it, just to try to compensate the value.

What a nice castmember. I love this story.

Have fun trading at DLP sacol4940!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back