• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work?

DisneyMum

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have received a pin this morning that I purchased from the bay which is fake... what are the next steps? Do I contact them or do I need to go through Paypal?

Start with ebay...

If you go to your purchase history, there is a "more actions" button on the right of the item - that menu has "contact seller". There you can report a problem "I received an item that wasn't as described" which will open up an ebay case. They have 48 hours to respond to you. I'd state in the comments that the item is fake, and you would like a refund including shipping if you were charged for shipping....

Contact the seller first to see if they'll let you return and refund your money. If they say no or they don't respond, you then can open a case with ebay as stated above.

Contact the seller first to see if they'll let you return and refund your money. If they say no or they don't respond, you then can open a case with ebay as stated above.

Yes, most sellers appreciate this action first. And most sellers are nice about it. Some aren't, that's when you open a case. :)

I know it's fake but I just hate creating such a fuss! :anxious: It's got to be done though. Thanks for the information everyone

Just received another fake today. Does it ever end? How do you not get put off from this hobby?! It's so disheartening :(

If I even think it might not be real, I usually ask for photos (front and back). I know it is
not a perfect method, but it helps. Also, someone on here, has a list of sellers to avoid.
I hope you are able to return your pins.

Right, I need help again. Sent the pins back, requested a refund..but now the seller has gone quiet and not responding to my messages. Also, the pins were sent tracked but for the past 3 days, even on a Sunday it has said that they're out for delivery with royal mail. What action do I take now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back