• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How long do you wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you wait?

Patronus

.:*Ohana means family*:.
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How long do you wait for a reply from a pin trader?

We made an agreement on a trade with another person via pinpics, and we sent their pin out with DC, and it was delivered to them the next day (according to the DC number). We sent it out to them the same day as the agreed upon trade (Jan 3rd), and was delivered in the morning of Jan 4th. We have not heard from this trader since they sent their address, and we have sent them 3 emails and all going with no response. They have not emailed us to say they shipped the pin, or that they even received ours. Yet we have seen them post on the boards and on pinpics...

How long do you wait before starting to get worried about a possible scam, and how long do you wait to report something like this?

It sounds like you guys may be in the same state but regardless, if they agreed to the trade I would give them a week.
I have learned from doing a lot of trades that some people will be all over the emails and set up trades and in good faith send them and then be gone for a few days so they may not be able to get to their email.

I have also mailed to a great friend in Bakersfield (150 miles away or so) and we both mailed on the same day and hers got to me the next day and mine took 6 days to get there. heck, sometimes (I'm in California) I have gotten stuff from florida in 2 days and sometimes in 2 weeks.

I personally say give it one week and if nothing, try communication again and if no response, report it.

Just my opinion.

TBGITB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back