• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How was this week's Disney store 30th anniversary in-store release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was this week's Disney store 30th anniversary in-store release?

Pxv703

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious as to how it went for those of you who got to do the in-store release this week?

We stopped by the Disney Store around 2:30pm after we watched BATB and the pins were already sold out. We weren't that interested in this week's set so no biggie. Next week will be a really popular one so we'll definitely be there early to get entered in the lottery.

There were more people then pins at my store, but some of the people belonged to the same family, so when a second member of a family got their name called, they kindly declined to buy the pin. They were just trying to get a better chance of getting at least one set. So, at my store, I think everybody got what they wanted. But there seems to be more and more people each week.

At my local store there were 22 pin sets and 26 people there. Most seem to be couples, groups or families and each member of the couples and groups each got a set. I was one of the four people not picked to get a set. (Though I think a trading friend got the set so I will be able to get their Cheshire pin which was the one I needed.)

Last edited:
There were more people then pins at my store, but some of the people belonged to the same family, so when a second member of a family got their name called, they kindly declined to buy the pin. They were just trying to get a better chance of getting at least one set. So, at my store, I think everybody got what they wanted. But there seems to be more and more people each week.

That was nice of them to decline more than one set, given the demand.

My local store is closed for reconstruction, so I went to another store that we were directed to before ours closed. They only had 22 sets (for both store's patrons combined!). My original store usually had about 30, so luckily, I got a set, but I'm confident not everyone did.

Does anyone here attend the Ottawa store releases? I would be curious to find out how that one goes. I may be going next week to see.

^ At the store I was at, it looked like every member of every group/couple each got a set with only one exception where a group of three all got called and only two opted to purchase sets. If all the couples and groups hadn't all gotten multiple sets, I could have gotten the pin I needed for my collection. I highly doubt that a group of four all needed four sets for their collections nor that partners brought along by others were collecting either. One person I spoke with had two friends at another store also getting sets and they bought a set at this store too. So I'd say more people getting for re-sell or multiples for trade rather than 22 sets going into 22 collections.

^ At the store I was at, it looked like every member of every group/couple each got a set with only one exception where a group of three all got called and only two opted to purchase sets. If all the couples and groups hadn't all gotten multiple sets, I could have gotten the pin I needed for my collection. I highly doubt that a group of four all needed four sets for their collections nor that partners brought along by others were collecting either. One person I spoke with had two friends at another store also getting sets and they bought a set at this store too. So I'd say more people getting for re-sell or multiples for trade rather than 22 sets going into 22 collections.
It would be nice if collectors who only wanted one or two of their set offered to sell the extras at cost to anyone who didn't get to buy a set.

It would be nice if collectors who only wanted one or two of their set offered to sell the extras at cost to anyone who didn't get to buy a set.
It would be. But helping other collectors did not seem to be the priority where I was at.

What I know about the sales yesterday:
My daughter and I both collect Cheshire, so we each wanted one of those. I sent my parents to the Carlsbad, CA store and they entered the drawing. My mom bought one set (my dad forgot his drivers license... so he could not enter). My parents said the Carlsbad store sold out during the drawing (not sure how many went away disappointed, my dad thought a few did). I did not make it to any drawings yesterday myself, but was passing through Albuquerque yesterday at about 2:30PM and the ABQ DS had 2 sets left (so I was able to buy a another set, so my daughter and I are golden. Yay!)
A friend of mine (who also collects Cheshire) was in Phoenix for a golf tourn. and could not make the drawing in any Phoenix DS (due to being on the golf course). When she called around 1PM all Phoenix stores were sold out. After the Tourn. she was driving home and passed through Tucson at about 5PM. The Tucson DS had one set left when they stopped, so they also had good luck.
I do not know how the drawing/sale went in El Paso this weekend (this is my 'local' store).

It would be, but then why would these people be getting the extra sets if not to resell at obscene prices? (Not saying they're all like that.)

Again, only speaking for my store. I am in the northeast, and even though a lot of people may do a disney park annually, I have not found a lot of pin people, in general. There have been a handful of us that have consistently been there every week and then some who rotate. (One woman was very excited to get her Hercules pin a few weeks back, and that was the only time I have seen her.)

Last edited:
For the people buying multiple sets to resale chances are they will get stuck with them. So waiting for secondary prices to go down may be the better option at this point. I doubt the pins will keep a high resale value. The secondary market is already flooded with them and it is a pretty high edition size. I'm in no way a pin expert but I've seen market value on monthly pin packs steadily crash and they were lower edition sizes.

Burlington Mall in Massachusetts had 19 this morning. I was the first ticket called. This was my first pin buying in the store. I was frustrated and nervous when i realized the supply was so limited but it turned out well. One married couple both put their name in but declined the second set when they both won.

Burlington Mall in Massachusetts had 19 this morning. I was the first ticket called. This was my first pin buying in the store. I was frustrated and nervous when i realized the supply was so limited but it turned out well. One married couple both put their name in but declined the second set when they both won.

Oh! I almost went down to Burlington Mass this week-end. Did everybody get a set? Did you notice if they still had any Belle dolls left?

I was driving from Chicago to South Carolina for spring break on Saturday and stopped at the Disney Store in Knoxville, TN. I called at 12:30, but forgot the time change, so it was really 1:30. They had three sets left, but could not hold one for me, so we pulled off the highway and headed to the mall. Luckily they had at least two sets left, and I was able to get one. Don't know what will happen next week when we are on our way back:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back