• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hurricane Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurricane Pins

Haunted575

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Well we stayed through Hurricane Matthew. No running water for one day and no power for two days. However we did have a generator and camper and no damage whatsoever so we are thankful. Schools are closed October 6-14 and I have had a 6 day weekend from work...if only I could have gone to Disney during this hurricane break. :)

We received our mail today for the first time in a week and I had 3 separate trades to open. My daughter's Chinese zodiac is now compete! Thanks sismelis

Thanks to this_and_that for the beautiful AIW pins. Love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
af913299fd4776ae1c7607086d9e28ae.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Those AIW pins are amazing! I'm glad you made it through the storms ok, although no power for two days doesn't sound very fun. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Wow! Those AIW pins are amazing! I'm glad you made it through the storms ok, although no power for two days doesn't sound very fun. :/

Thanks Ang. I was worried some of my pin mail would get swept up in the hurricane. We played a lot of UNO over the weekend...

Thanks Ang. I was worried some of my pin mail would get swept up in the hurricane. We played a lot of UNO over the weekend...

Haha! I was in Alabama when that massive Tornado hit us about two years ago, and UNO was a family favorite for that powerless week.

Last edited:
So glad you are OK and the mail came through! Power outages are such a problem after storms. We had a tornado come through our neighborhood in 2000 (seems like yesterday) and were without power for about 4 days. So hard to cope!

Glad to hear you're safe! Where I live we don't have any hurricane or earthquake threats ever - I can't imagine how scary that all must be! When we were in Japan there was a small earthquake when we were in Tokyo and that gave me a very weird feeling. Nature is so powerful!

Enjoy your new pins. They are very beautiful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back