I am headed to WDW September 28-October 12

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Xanaduhaz, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Xanaduhaz

Xanaduhaz Clinically Pinsane

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I can't believe it, its actually happening. So never been to America before or WDW. I need all your tips and advice as well as would love to get to know and meet any of you guys there?

I am super excited and is a dream come true!

2. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

Oh, how exciting!

My first piece of advice is always to download the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone or tablet (if you have one) or create an account on the My Disney Experience website on your computer. You'll have so much information at your fingertips and you'll be able to keep track of all your plans. I love using it to plan trips (or just daydream about trips).

Ajk likes this.
  3. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Congratulations! We're all gonna be excited with you!

@LittleBird, tell me about it, it took me forever to delete the app after our vacation...I was checking on wait times just because...my hubby deleted it after I had to make space for kid's pics/videos...hmph...

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  4. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Thanks, yes I have the app and have my first restaurant booked, we are hoping to book the rivers of light show at Tiffins but it doesn't have the show times yet.

5. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Oh my goodness you have to try to get in to the Beauty and the Beast Be Our Guest restaurant. I felt like I won the lotto being able to walk in for lunch without a reservation when we were there. It's so beautiful, just like being in the movie!

6. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Oooh I will have a look into it and see if my friend will let me! What was the food like?

7. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Would you believe me if I told you I was too excited to remember? lol My family had to drag me out of there...I wanna say it was pretty good since nobody complained, THAT'S saying a lot. I"m sure other's will have a better review of the food for you though.

8. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

[​IMG]

When I win the lotto I"m gonna have a ballroom just like this.

9. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Wow that looks stunning! They do a quick service at Breakfast and Lunch or a proper sit down at dinner, I am tempted to do breakfast there as would still get the experience of eating there but not as expensive as sitting for dinner.

10. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

I've only done the lunch, but it was handled really well! And you definitely get all the ambiance at a fraction of the price. The food was good, nothing too fancy, but the cupcakes were amazing. If you go for breakfast, make sure you can still get cupcakes. :)

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  11. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I recommend lunch at BatB. Food is on the better/nicer side for a lunch. Dinner is meh, especially for the price. Tiffins is FANTASTIC!!!! I think the best in-park restaurant.

Depending on your personal situation, you might want to check out a series of trip reports I did on Trip Advisor September last year. Search the Orlando forum for Adult Disney. (The adult refers to the age of the participants, not the nature of the activities.:D) I tried to put in a bunch of details and personal recommendations there. Would be glad to elaborate on any. If it helps the search, my ID on Trip Advisor is ajk1_10.

No matter what you do, you are going to have an AWESOME time!

12. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I think you can still buy the cupcake. The ballroom looks so pretty!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

13. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Thank you, I will go look them up! Would you recommend lunch over breakfast at BatB?

14. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I can't comment on the breakfast as i never had it mainly because A) I'm not a big breakfast person and B) Nothing on the menu appealed to me. Sorry.

15. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

No worries, I am so excited right now and I know so little so it's going to be a whole new experience

16. Kitty

Kitty Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I've never been to the be our guest restaurant, but I hear the food is just ok. What makes it amazing is the princess. A great place to eat is at Ohana for dinner. All you can eat.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

17. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Okay, thanks I will look at Ohana.

18. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Oh yeah also recommendations for good places to eat for vegetarian, I know most places have options but wondering if their are any outstanding places

19. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

How exciting, you're going to have so. much. fun.

To start off, I would strongly suggest that you NOT try to do everything. I know you're going to want to try to cram every waking second full of Disney excitement, but for the love of Mickey Mouse, don't. You have to understand that WDW is twice the size of Manhattan (not exaggerating) and if you choose to park hop, it can take an hour (or longer) to go from one park to the next (especially if you use Disney's transportation or get caught in traffic - and my understanding is that there is a lot of that in places due to construction). I would recommend that you book your dining, select a few things that you would consider 'must dos' each day, and take everything else as it comes. Because of your timing, I definitely would recommend taking advantage of the MNSSHP (hard ticket event) and Food & Wine (included with admission but has hard ticket options).

Since this is your first time at WDW, I most definitely would recommend staying on property for several reasons. First of all, I think you lose so much of the Disney 'magic' when you aren't at a Disney resort. And then there are the benefits: extra magic hours, charging your purchases on your magic bands (so no need to carry anything around the parks!), the ability to send your purchases back to your resort (again, hands free in the park!), the DME (complimentary transfers to and from MCO), plus you won't have to hire a car to navigate around WDW. WDW can be very confusing to navigate, especially if you've never been there (plus driving on the opposite side of the road on the other side of the car), with very heavy traffic at times due to construction; I would suggest just using Disney's transportation unless you're looking to go to other venues, in which case, there's Uber or a taxi. I've been going to Orlando since I was too young to remember my first trip and I've never hired a car (and probably never will).

Due to the length of your trip, I would recommend that at least one person in your party gets an annual pass. I know it seems crazy, but the annual pass comes with its own benefits (read: discounts). First, you can turn around and immediately apply your annual pass discount on your hotel room. Sometimes what you save on the room (depending upon length of stay and where you book) equals the price of the pass. Plus your admission is paid for an entire year, so if you decide to come back within the year, your theme park tickets already are sorted ... . Second, the annual pass entitles you to discounts on merchandise (read: pins). You'd be amazed how quickly that small discount adds up. Third, your annual pass allows you to purchase membership into something called Tables in Wonderland, a dining program that gives you 20% off table service, food and alcohol (the 18% gratuity is automatic, but you would leave that anyway). I can verify from personal experience that, like the other discounts, the 20% discount really does add up quickly and is very useful (especially if you either have a large party, visit table service restaurants on a regular basis, or both).

As far as which restaurants to suggest, it would be helpful if I knew a bit more about your food preferences? Is there anything you particularly like or dislike?

Ajk likes this.
  20. Kitty

Kitty Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Holy cow, that was amazing. I mean I visit the parks all the time but man when asked what to do I just sat there with my mouth open. The way you explained everything, man, spot on.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

21. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I have eaten lunch there three times, dinner once, and brakfast twice. Each experience and value was different. The theming was the best with each of the three rooms a unique experience. I like the west wing Beast's room the best due to the picture. You might too since you collect the Rose from the movie. However, the thunder can be loud. The ballroom is beautiful and if you sit by the wall/window you can see what would be outside scenes. The Rose Gallery is fun because the painting around the perimeter were large and colorful scenes.

When I went in October they did a set price breakfast that is 24 so if you are on the dining it's a good value. The food was okay but I didn't each much (I don't eat eggs). Lunch was my favorite and you can sit in the west wing. Dinner was good but nothing adventurous.

Enjoy.

22. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Thank you for all the advice, we are staying at the Caribbean beach resort though annoyingly there will be construction still when we are going but don't intend to be there much.

We already have got our disney tickets unfortunately as we got a deal with the holiday company. It's just two of us going. It's going to be so hard not to want to do everything.

Do you have any restaurants recommendations for vegetarian meals? And any must sees and do's? There is so much to take in and trying to start is so hard.

23. Xanaduhaz

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Thank you for the details, I was thinking breakfast just because for me I think I liked the food options better because I am veggie. Though not strictly any more and do eat fish (so now pescatarian) I really just want to go for the atmosphere.

24. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I hope yopu have a blast the Food and Wine is great as well lots of good food and drink

25. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Depending on how much you want to spend, California Grill is a great option for vegetarians. They have a full veggie menu with lots of options. You order either four or six (I forget which) items and they are served together in “small”dishes on a platter. It was a ton of food and much higher quality than the usual grilled veggies or a salad. And you get the benefit of being able to watch the fireworks from the roof.

Another good one (and much more reasonably priced) if you are at Disney Springs is Blaze Pizza. It’s really excellent pizza and they custom make them for you so you can pick exactly the toppings you want.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018