I am now a Florida Resident!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by TornadoTitan, Sep 11, 2018.

1. TornadoTitan

TornadoTitan Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I just moved from Austin, Texas, to Tallahassee, Florida, with my boyfriend, now in a new place to finally display my pin collections and closer to the parks. Just got my Florida annual pass so hopefully will be going there a lot more now :)

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

Welcome to the Wild West of the East! We ride our alligators to work at a cool 20 MPH. That's why you may see a little more congestion than normal. We also wear shorts 24/7, even in the shower. If you've found yourselves cursing at out of state plates in January, you've almost completely acclimated. But then you hit summer and realize it's a whole different kind of heat from inland Texas. Hurricane parties are super real, and if you aren't playing football in 50 MPH weather, super intoxicated, you haven't livvvvveeeedddd.

3. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Awesome! Congrats on the move :)

4. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Congrats on the move!!

5. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    306   0   0

Nice! Congrats and I hope you have a great Disney time!

6. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

This is 100% why every time BFF says he might move back to Florida, I respond, "What, are you stupid?" HA.

But @TornadoTitan, congrats on your big change! Despite how "interesting" Florida is, I'm sure you'll have a great time (and get lots of use from your AP)! Tally-town is ... something ... but there are lots of nice spots within driving distance! BFF actually lived there at one point, and when I visited we checked out St. George's Island for the beach and Apalachicola, which had lots of quirky boutiques and an old-fashioned soda fountain on the main street.

7. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Welcome to Florida, even if it is Tallanasty. I hope you get to explore the state, it is full of wonderful places, like the state parks, and a few nation parks and forests. You’re not far from McClay Gardens and several others up that way. I suggest going a little south and hitting the springs.

In this life long South Florida denizen’s opinion there’s no better place than Florida, and don’t forget, Florida Man is our state anti-hero!