• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I am very aggravated! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very aggravated! Now what?
just to set the record straight, I am a female in TX with hundreds of references, and "TAIN'T ME!"
Suzanneb

sORRY FOR DELAY FAMILY RETURNED FROM FLORIDA ON MONDAY WE HAD A CONCERT WAITING IN LINE ALL DAY. so i WILL GET TO MY TRADE TMO!

Now for all of you who want to jump on me and say you told me so (life gets in the way, etc.), I ask you ONE - why would you tell someone you sent the their pin if you didn't and weren't going to and TWO - what kind of explanation is THAT???

I don't think anyone was wanting to jump on you....people were just offering suggestions because you were getting all worked up and not much time had passed so there were a lot of plausible explanations.

Just from my observation of the email, my first thought is that the person isn't exactly computer/internet savvy and may not check their email often. I only say that because she clearly had the CAPS lock on when she was typing and was looking at the keyboard and not the screen and then didn't feel like retyping it all....my Mom does this....it drives me nuts. And not signing their name means nothing. I email people all the time and don't put my name down. I figure if they already have my address that by now they know who they are talking to...

On the other hand, that person may be just as upset with you and doesn't really feel like they owe you a long explanation because they don't want it plastered on a public board. I know that if I saw a thread basically talking about me that I wouldn't want to tell you anything. They made a mistake, yes, but they could possibly feel like they didn't get a chance to respond before this was posted publicly. You have to remember that just like perceived value, time is also in the eye of the beholder. To you, two days might be an eternity but to someone else it might be nothing.

As for why she said it was sent, I don't know. Maybe she doesn't get on her email very often so just replied saying that it was sent because she planned on sending it soon and knew she wouldn't be back on email for awhile and then got distracted. Who knows....Is it right? No. But what good is continuing to fret over it going to do?

In this instance, yes, you were right, something was definitely off about the trade. But, what if instead of getting an email yesterday the pin actually showed up and was post marked when it was supposed to be? That outcome was just as possible given what you knew when the thread was started. You wouldn't feel so vindicated then.... Sure, the communication was still lacking, but not everyone is connected to the internet all the time.

Bottom line, nobody here can give you any answers. Anything we say is purely speculation. This is between you and the other trader. If you want your questions answered then you should wait until your receive you pin and then ask what the deal was.

Well I like to give people the benefit of doubt UNTIL you burn me. I have had several pins show up 2 weeks later yet the post mark was when they said they mailed it. Lets face it the post office has a history of things being "lost" or taking their sweet time getting there. I mailed my grandmother "who live 45 minutes away" a package it took a week and a half to get there. I could have just driven it over. lol So I usually give it a week or two before I send out a where is my pin email.

As a newbie to pin trading I do not feel that publicly flaming a trader is ideal. I already read that another trader who could have been the individual felt the need to declare that they are not the person.

While I appreciate that there is an issue here, no consideration has been made to the fact that

1. The postal service is not ideal, I personally have had mail take over 3 years to arrive with me, thankfully it was nothing important.

2. The person may have had internet problems hence their delay in replying. Outages do occur

3. Life can take over, on occasion things to happen so a little compassion needs to be shown just in case.

While I can see that you are angry about the poor communication, remember that not everyone lives on their PC. I also feel that you should have been more generic about your description of the trader.

Hopefully your pin will arrive soon.

I need to think carefully about whether I want to venture into the trading online, at the moment I only buy and trade in the parks.

I don't think anyone was wanting to jump on you....people were just offering suggestions because you were getting all worked up and not much time had passed so there were a lot of plausible explanations.

Just from my observation of the email, my first thought is that the person isn't exactly computer/internet savvy and may not check their email often. I only say that because she clearly had the CAPS lock on when she was typing and was looking at the keyboard and not the screen and then didn't feel like retyping it all....my Mom does this....it drives me nuts. And not signing their name means nothing. I email people all the time and don't put my name down. I figure if they already have my address that by now they know who they are talking to...

On the other hand, that person may be just as upset with you and doesn't really feel like they owe you a long explanation because they don't want it plastered on a public board. I know that if I saw a thread basically talking about me that I wouldn't want to tell you anything. They made a mistake, yes, but they could possibly feel like they didn't get a chance to respond before this was posted publicly. You have to remember that just like perceived value, time is also in the eye of the beholder. To you, two days might be an eternity but to someone else it might be nothing.

As for why she said it was sent, I don't know. Maybe she doesn't get on her email very often so just replied saying that it was sent because she planned on sending it soon and knew she wouldn't be back on email for awhile and then got distracted. Who knows....Is it right? No. But what good is continuing to fret over it going to do?

In this instance, yes, you were right, something was definitely off about the trade. But, what if instead of getting an email yesterday the pin actually showed up and was post marked when it was supposed to be? That outcome was just as possible given what you knew when the thread was started. You wouldn't feel so vindicated then.... Sure, the communication was still lacking, but not everyone is connected to the internet all the time.

Bottom line, nobody here can give you any answers. Anything we say is purely speculation. This is between you and the other trader. If you want your questions answered then you should wait until your receive you pin and then ask what the deal was.

I want to make it clear that I stated that she didn't sign her name just to clarify that I had not edited the email, not that it was weird. I know her name. I mailed her a package for goodness sakes. If all of this came about and I spoke out of turn, and/or misjudged the trader, I would have owned up to such.

We are simply not going to agree on this subject, and that is fine. It takes all sorts to make the world go round.

As a newbie to pin trading I do not feel that publicly flaming a trader is ideal. I already read that another trader who could have been the individual felt the need to declare that they are not the person.

While I appreciate that there is an issue here, no consideration has been made to the fact that

1. The postal service is not ideal, I personally have had mail take over 3 years to arrive with me, thankfully it was nothing important.

2. The person may have had internet problems hence their delay in replying. Outages do occur

3. Life can take over, on occasion things to happen so a little compassion needs to be shown just in case.

While I can see that you are angry about the poor communication, remember that not everyone lives on their PC. I also feel that you should have been more generic about your description of the trader.Hopefully your pin will arrive soon.

I need to think carefully about whether I want to venture into the trading online, at the moment I only buy and trade in the parks.

So, a female living in Texas is descriptive, eh? hum, okay? Must be why people keep PMing me asking me for her name, id, etc. Which I won't disclose. If I wanted to trash them - which is not my intention - then I could list their name, their address, their pinpics id, etc. Get real! I simply came here for some opinions and views of my situation. Clearly I got that and a whole lot more!

I can accept the fact that we all have different opinions. I hope everyone else can accept that too and call it a day!

Moderators, can we close this thread? If anyone else feels the need to continue the conversation, I can be PMd.

Spiff I'm glad you're getting your pin! This is the reason we really don't do trades online, it's just too easy to miss out on your pin. :( Communication is very important to me as well, and if I was part of your trade I would make sure you knew what was going on. Hopefully you will get your pin soon and all will be well with it. :)

My opinion on this matter is this: I will get the pins out when I get a chance. If life gets in the way, sometimes it does, it's usually more important.

This community is very strong and vocal, so I'm sure you will get your pins and that's all that matters. Hopefully you aren't too frustrated to not see a brighter side to this! (;

there should be better communication, however. If i knowingly havent sent something out that was supposed to go out a few days ago, i make an effort to contact the other person and let them know the status. I do this with eBay items or items ive sold elsewhere online.

However, I realize that most people arent connected to teh internet 24/7 like i am :p (iPad, iPhone, desktop, laptop...something with internet access is with me or on me at all times, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back