• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL I feel like vinylmations are slowing down.. and being weeded out.

VINYL I feel like vinylmations are slowing down.. and being weeded out.
I really hope they do another Park Starz series, but given the extra expense to make those I feel like it won't happen :(

I love the Junior series though.. Hopefully they'll make more like the Aladdin ones.

I had to hunt pretty hard just to get the 2016 Sorcerer Mickey during my work trip in January.

As much as I love Star Wars and Marvel, it was sad to see DStreet absent from Downtown Disney/Disney Springs.

Pretty much the only place that had a decent supply of vinylmations at all was the pin trading hut at Downtown Disney.

Yep. There's a Star Wars shop there now... you can still see remnants of the old DStreet (the conveyor belt is still there, but all the non-SW vinyls have been pulled off). Next door is a new Marvel Super Hero store. They sell those specific themes of vinylmations in those stores, but I don't think there are any plans to bring back a DStreet.

Sad day. :(

I'm a little confused when it comes to vinylmations. It looks like their popularity is going down. A few months ago when the Disney Store would release trays they would sell out fast but recently I've seen Disney selling them on clearance...The only ones that seem to sell out fast still are the limited edition Star Wars vinylmation. Are people losing interest for them? Disney has been releasing new types of character figures so maybe that would explain it? I am probably wrong but that's what it appears to me anyhow.

A waning interest is the only explanation for the lack of production. The return probably just wasn't there... I know I consider myself a collector of vinylmations, but even I would wait until they were on clearance to buy them at the Disney Store (when we still had one in our area).

I know 5 years ago when I went to WDW and saw the vinylmation for the first time I was like its just a fad to have something else besides pins. I didn't think it would last long. Then 2 years ago went to the Disney store at Orlando airport and saw a Boba Fett mouse ear and had to get it for my wife. She's a bog Boba fan and still in its box. I just think the pins over shadows it because of so many types that people has a hard time choosing and plus the size can make travel in a suitcase a problem. I do like them and buy the ones I like but to collect? I will stick with pins.

Vinylmations has definitely slowed down. They once made some pretty cool designs and like with most things then they start flooding the market with the product and the collectibility goes down. The designs have also gone way down hill in my opinion. They will be gone in 5 years and replaced with something else to go alone with pins.

Vinylmations were slowing down significantly until they started the Tsum Tsum designs which I thought was a great idea to jump onto the bandwagon of the Tsum Tsum craze, but they seemed to have even phased that out and vinylmations are dying out even more in my opinion. It is pretty sad in my opinion because I feel they had some pretty cute designs.

I really think the designs for these have gone way down and the collectors just have gotten fed up with it. Consumers aren't buying the product so what do you see less of it displayed around the parks. That right there just adds to the decline of sales because customers who want the product have a very hard time finding it. I think sooner or later Vinylmations will be phased out altogether. I collected them and the problem I had after awhile is it became difficult to display them nicely without it become sort of expensive. Now I hope with pins that I am now trying that won't be the case as they seems to be several possibilities for displaying them that can go from being expensive to not so expensive.

Are they actually still making new ones of these? I haven't been to Parks in awhile but really haven't heard anything about them in like forever. They like fell off the face of the earth.

Are they actually still making new ones of these? I haven't been to Parks in awhile but really haven't heard anything about them in like forever. They like fell off the face of the earth.
Yes they are still making Vinylmations and yes they are harder to find. Disney seems to be issuing Rarer Vinyls in the Parks especially DLP lately. The problem and the way I see it is the Vinyl Market has been taken over by Pop Funko and Disney and they Vinylmation Design cannot keep up and is just not as popular.

We bought some to trade at the parks but that seems to be gone now. We really enjoyed it while it lasted. It's too bad!

I've noticed at D Street in Anaheim that there are very few vinylmations now. I feel badly for those who had a lot that they were using to trade for other vinyls. I feel that unlike the pins, vinyls would be hard to sell off.

I just visited DLR after not having been there for 5+ years. I was surprised not to see the trading boxes and the very little supply that D Street had. It is very sad. I didn't see any of the vinyl traders I used to see outside the store with their rubbermaid containers!

I also did not see those professional pin traders anywhere and I was (sort of) looking for them too. I must not know where they are hiding anymore.

Back