I MADE THIS: The DPF Craft Thread -- Share your creations here!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by watzshakinbacon, Jan 24, 2017.

1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Hi everyone! Joining this community has given me a new outlet on my creativity and craftsmanship. I know some other members also craft and thought this could be a thread where we share what we've made!

I feel like my crocheting skills have gotten better since I started trying to make things to auction. Today, I just completed my first "doll", and I love it! It's Zero, and I'm just absolutely amazed how the crocheted fabric is wavey like the a ghost! Even his ears curl in a ghostly way!

Anyway, here are a few things that I've made so far (most you've seen in the auction house). I'd love to see your stuff!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. katelouise

katelouise lunapins on Instagram!

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Cute Tsums and great idea for a thread!!

I sew and do a lot of crafting, last year I made lots and lots of Rapunzel crowns and sold quite a few.

[​IMG]

I've also made/decorated quite a few ear hats, Anna and Elsa are modelling :p

[​IMG]

3. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

I love the crowns Katie. Do you sell them?

4. tinkerbelle1956

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Nice Work!

5. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Those crowns are gorgeous!! Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Love it! I've wondered this, when you customize an ear hat do you alter pre-made ears or do you have a pattern for them from scratch?

7. tinawap

tinawap Active Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

I've made several bracelets from pins. The first 3 are my personal ones.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

When I started I couldn't stop - I made these as extra's
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Hehe thank you ^___^

9. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Whoa! Those are so cool! I saw the Haunted Mansion one that you put up as a prize for your game. How do you choose which pins to use? Are they real pins or scrappers. I don't wear bracelets, but I'm sure a lot of people would love those! Great job and thanks for sharing :wavey:

10. katelouise

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Personally, I alter an existing hat from the parks. I was lucky, when I was a CM I could buy the hats that had messed up embroidery for a few dollars, so I would unpick that and by the time it was decorated you couldn't tell it had ever been embroidered.

11. katelouise

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Thanks! Yes I do :) I have a couple of wearable tiara versions ready to sell after buyers backed out

12. tinkerbelle1956

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Send me a PM, I don't know when I can wear it, but I'd love one.

13. tinawap

tinawap Active Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

The majority where from park packs, some hidden mickeys (which I think a few were scrappers). I thought about purchasing or asking for peoples scrappers and using them to make additional bracelets or other jewelry. They were a lot of work but super fun to make. I originally made the chip and dale one (my favorite characters) then I saw those mini blind packages of snow white that I thought would make a great bracelet.

14. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

Love the zero knitted and love the bracelets too,nice job you guys

15. my2wings

my2wings Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

^That is a very clever way to use scrapper pins.

16. tinkerbelle1956

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

I loved the bracelets too and a great way to use scrappers.

17. tinawap

tinawap Active Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Have you had much success in Trade Auctions for your creation's? Was thinking I should try one, maybe.

18. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Love the shoes bracelet! <3

And Kate OMG the tiara! I'm in love!

Love the crocheted tsums and zero is so awesome!

19. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

It's definitely been kind of a hit or miss. The Mickey/Minnie set had a couple of bids, the LGM and Simba did really well, and currently the Star Wars cozys are kinda meh..

I figure it's worth a shot, but don't have really high expectations.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  20. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I admittedly forgot what day the Simba auction ended. XD

21. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

haha doh! :doh: :facepalm:

22. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Do you have an Etsy or something? Because holy schnikes, that tiara is amazing!!! May I ask what else do you make? Maybe Aurora's tiara? I'm just spitballing on that one, since I got a crazy hair to make her dress for a Halloween costume.

23. katelouise

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Yeah I have an etsy :D
    I'll sell cheaper to DPF members though haha https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/226...els-crown-from-tangled?ref=shop_home_active_1
    I haven't made any other tiara's/crowns, just Rapunzel as she's my favourite. Fairytale Wigs on Etsy has a gorgeous Aurora crown though!!
    I studied fashion design so I've always been making things and crafting, just don't have much time or space for it now!

24. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

love this thread, don't have pictures but do dog scraves that slide on the collars most I sell are sports and some holidays and cat nip pillows with the left over fabric

25. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Wow we have some really talented members here! Love this thread! I like to crochet to and made some stuff for members here some time back. But since then I don't have as much time crocheting. I mostly sew clothing now. Made and sold some running skirts but mostly make stuff for me and my daughters. Will see if I can find som pics of crafts. I just have a really hard time sticking to one thing so I make lots of different stuff. And if anyone sees anything you would like, just let me know :)