I MADE THIS: The DPF Craft Thread -- Share your creations here!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by watzshakinbacon, Jan 24, 2017.

1. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Not Disney related, since I don't really do licensed fabrics (though I may have some MLP fabric for a paper pieced Twilight Sparkle block I'll eventually get around to making). I quilt. Well I make quilt tops. I don't enjoy the actual quilting part, as I don't have a big enough machine or space to accomplish it without going mad. I pay someone with a long arm machine to do that part most of the time, though smaller projects I can do here at the kitchen table.

I'm working on a queen sized quilt for the boyfriend. I'm 10 blocks down, 25 to go. The white ones are a &$?!@ because each one is 64 squares in a specific order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good thing too that I took these pictures. One of the of the big blocks was sewn wrong so I just picked it out and fixed it. Not a quilt project without picking out about a mile of stitching by the end.

Once this one is done I'm going to do a 4th of July one for my mom then I'll start on a new, queen sized quilt for my bed, probably the Tula Pink City Sampler in the suggested colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

I did a little quilting project in my math class in high school. It was fun but a lot of work. Idk how ppl do it for really big projects! Show us the completed project when you're done!

3. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Ooooh!! Everyone is so creative. (And I love the quilting! I haven't made a quilt in ages but sometimes I still make patterns.)

4. xdattax

xdattax Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

We question our sanity every step of the way. ;). I'll put a picture of it up when I'm done. Might take a while though. I hope my next project goes quicker!

5. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Hehe I made a Belle nesting doll! I'm thinking of making a princes nesting doll set to auction, but we'll see!

[​IMG]

6. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

So it's not Disney related but.

[​IMG]
    I drew this. And

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Oh those are cool Aidan!

8. AidanShepard

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thank you. ;w;

9. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Cute! Are those polymer clay? I like the fox boxes! xD

10. AidanShepard

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

They are! Thank you. c: There's a plush maker who makes "Boxfox"es. They are super cute so I wanted to make a clay version - the plushmaker loved them. >w<

11. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

I have a few crafts I've been working on one is still a work in progress. Here is what I have made so far one is non Disney. I'm a member of a group called Pirates of Ventura county. Pirate hats are not cheap so I decided to make one myself out of one of those big round wool round hats I used a fabric stiffiner to give it the stiffness it needed and that rugged pirate look. My rapunzel hat is being remodeled after going to Disneyland in the rain and the water leaked under the sealant so I took the suns I made off and will be replacing them with stickers instead. For Pascal I drilled the hole he had in him to make it deeper and wider then I placed a singled LED that I wired to a switch and battery. I did the same thing to Maximises chest piece I asked wired a switch and battery housing but also added a pocket to hold money or cards.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

12. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

Here are a few of my crafts one of them is non Disney. I belong to a group called the Pirates of Ventura County. Purchasing a pirate hat online is very expensive it can run into the hundreds so I decided to make my own out of one of those big round floppy hats. I used a fabric stiffener to stiffen up the fabric and give it that rugged pirate looked I used hot glue to glue the corners together to give me the tricorn I was looking for I bought the feathers at a pirate event and had kept them until I decided to make the Hat and I got the hat pins off of Goodall eBay I'm very proud of my work I did. The next hat is Rapunzel hat that is in refurbishment mode we went to Disneyland and it was raining and the ranga underneath the sealant which damage the sun's that I made so I took them off and are going to replace them with stickers instead. The Pascal on the top of the Hat lights up he had a whole and him I took the drill and made the hole deeper and wider than I wired an LED to a switch so I can turn them on and off whenever I want and then wired a battery holder so it won't just burn out and die I can change the batteries. I did the same thing with maximus's chest piece I ran an LED and a drill the hole deeper added a switch and the battery holder but on the back I added a pocket so you can carry money and the pocket is really tight so you can put money in there and you won't have to worry about losing it. The last hat that's completed was a haunted mansion hat it was the first hat I tried making I'm kind of happy with it but I'm not happy with the sealant I put on it it was too thick and left brush lines so I am going to remodel that hat and try to get the ceiling off and replace those with stickers as well. And the final hat is still in process is also a haunted mansion hat that was my first day job I'm not thrilled with the color and the guy but I'll be happy with it anyway I'm just waiting at ordered some one and a half inch bats I'm going to run them around the bottom of the hat and spaced them and add the dangling chain in between each one I can't wait to show you guys everything when they're all done but I would love to share with you right now what I have just because I haven't been on DPF in so long I really have missed this site and I'm glad to be back I hope to make lots of new friends and hope to be able to help eventually with pin searches so let me show you what I have[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

Hi everybody I'm just trying to get used to the new forum I don't know if my posts are getting through or not so if this is the third one you can delete so I'm working on several projects right now one is my pirate hat and it's not Disney related I belong to a group called Pirates Ventura County and I didn't have a hat because buying a hat online is really expensive they can run into the hundreds so I bought a wool round floppy hat at which I used a fabric stiffener and hot glued corners of it to give me that tricorn that I was looking for I added father's which I bought at a previous pirate event and was saving them and I bought some hat pins off of eBay. I am very pleased with how it turned out it's perfect and only cost me about $50 anyway my second hat is a Rapunzel hat which I am redoing because I wore it to Disneyland and it rained and the water got underneath the sealant and so I took the sun's off that I made and I'm going to be replacing them with stickers. Pascal lights up I drill the hole in his belly and put a LED in it and wired it to an on-off switch and a battery pack so I can turn them on and off whenever I want and the same thing I did with maximus's Sun chest piece I drilled a hole in it and inserted and led and on off switch and battery pack but I also made a pocket so you could put money or your cards in it. I made a pair of Haunted Mansion ears and I will be redoing those as well because I was very unhappy I bought a thicker sealant and so all you see are all the brush lines in the thick sealant so I'm going to be removing those and replacing them with stickers as well as you can see on that one I found a Disney pin that would match perfectly with the hat so I went ahead and added that as well. I am also making a nother Haunted Mansion hat I am waiting for inch and a half length Haunted Mansion bats to come in and I'm going to place them around the bottom edge of the Hat and space them apart and then run chain in between each bat. I'm very excited about each of these projects and we'll be happy to show you them again when they're all completed. I'm just so excited to be back on DPF[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Wow those are awesome!! They seem really time and effort intensive, but looks great! I love those little light up pieces, too! Thanks for sharing :D

15. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

Oh my God I feel so dumb I have this appear three times do you know how I can delete the other two today's the first day I've been on DPF since forever it's been years I just totally messed up right now

16. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

No problem at all! You can just click "edit" at the bottom of those posts. Then, there should be a "delete" button.

17. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

18. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

The hats are amazing Jrdnsmom! I love the Pirate hat.

19. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Love your hats Janice! You're so creative! Pascal is too cute! <3

20. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

21. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    91   1   0

Today I finished my Rapunzel hat after removing my handmade Sons after they got wet from the rain I replace them with stickers and here is the completed hat[​IMG]

22. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Bumping this thread up for some more perler-bead creations.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the hem of Megara's dress was screwed up because I had to use two warped boards, (same goes for her upper body. I really should get better equipment,) but it was nice to do some spontaneous crafting. :)

23. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Yay for more crafting! I did some spontaneous crafting today, too! I'll upload pics later :p

I think the warped beads kinda give the dress a more flowy feel haha nice work! I used to love perler beads. My neighbors would have them, but their mom never let us do them a lot T__T

24. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Nice! I like the layers on Tink.

25. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

So I did some spontaneous crafting a few nights ago as well. Wanted to get ready for the docfish party, so I decided to spiff up my DS 30th anniversary backpack. I had seen people with fancy backpacks at the store pickups but wasn't able to find them online for sale (partially cuz I didn't know what they were called). Here's my little addition to my backpack!

The concept:

[​IMG]

Cut a hole for the zipper and sewed the edges to prevent fraying:

[​IMG]

Sewed the bottom. This was the easiest part. I only wanted the needle to go through the backpack cover (not the interior fabric), so I was pulling the needle between the plastic sheet and the pleather inside.. My hand got pretty sweaty and the plastic was fogging up at times lol

[​IMG]

Sewed on the zipper when I was done:

[​IMG]

Added a piece of velcro, so the pocket doesn't just hang open:

[​IMG]

Ta-da!!

[​IMG]

I'll be sporting this at the docfish party, so you can check it out in person :D WEEE~~