• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I need to know what you collect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know what you collect
I don't think I will be nominated but I like this thread, to know what everyone collects so Ill post to keep track of it.

I want to collect PODM's. Dont have any yet but it is my dream collection.
And My absolute favorite character is Heffalump.
Im really collecting mostely for my kids and they collects Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid pins.

Not that I expect to be zapped, but is nice to see what people collect, and we are collecting anything that we have done, seen or watched. We have a few collections going, but if I were to try to describe more succinctly, the Countdown to the Millenium or 100 Years of Dreams covers the fabulous 90's that My kids grew up with and all the classics and shorts the watched from before that time. New movie characters that we have shared with my 4 year old granddaughter (although she has been exposed to all Disney and loves the old Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers and the other 30 minute collections from when Donald wasn't quite so politically correct). Make any sense? Probably not.

Most of my collections are to the point where it's hard. But easier stuff to zap me with would be outer space things like Space Mountain, Flying Saucers, Astro Orbiter, or Star Tours pins, I don't have many rack pins from those rides. Also, I like all princess pins.

I collect
Wreck It Ralph (for the girlfriend)
Tangled (for the girlfriend)
Hidden Mickey Pins from DLR
DSF PTD pins
Steamboat Willie pins (for the girlfriend)
Random other DLR collections

I collect the following, in order:

1. Pixar Cars (my son's favorite movie, and by default, mine as well) (and soon, Planes, from the upcoming movie)
2. Nightmare Before Christmas
3. Peter Pan
4. Toy Story
5. Tinker Bell
6. Seven Main Disney Characters (not really a collection, just like them).

I am sure everyone already knows mine, and I am also just seeing this at the end of March, lol, but mine is Jessica Rabbit! :D What a kind idea!!! :hug:

I think it's pretty clear from my signature, but I'll post anyway...

I collect Mickey Icons - still trying to get all the Disney Dreams...
Minnie alone - no background, etc - especially dressed up
Mickey alone - no background, etc - especially dressed up
Montana pins... not that there are very many
Pin Trader Delight pins... I only have 1 so far... :(
"sets" like the character hats, the new cast member badges, things I can frame

I'm obsessed with being a completest!!!

Last edited:
I am more than positive that I would never be nominated for anything like this, but it doesn't hurt to post, I suppose. My collections are mainly Treasure Planet, Great Mouse Detective and Donald Duck. I'm really trying to start a Rocketeer collection, too.

Thought I had already posted here, but apparently not! :) I collect the following:

Cheshire Cat
Gaston
Scar
Chernabog
Zero
Mufasa
Mrs Jumbo
Ratigan
Shere Khan
Mother Gothel
Fantasia (Only The Pastoral Symphony and Dance of the Hours)
Princess and the Frog (Only Prince Naveen, Louis, Dr Facilier and Charlotte)
Frankenweenie
Wreck-It Ralph
Characters Dressed As Other Characters
Kingdom Hearts

I like to see that others have some random collections like I do :)

We also collect as a family, so our collection is all over the place. Here is my list:
Disney vacation club pins (2 of my grails)
Stitch pins
Pixar pins
WDW passholder pins
Villains
NBC
vinylmations

I'm not sure what this is for (still quite a Newby) but I like seeing what everyone else collects and thought I'd join in...
I mainly collect Tangled :3
I also have quite a collection building of stitch :)

Considering that I'm still really new and I haven't given out my address, I doubt I'll be zapped, but I love seeing what you all collect. :)
As you've probably noticed by now, I mainly collect Mary Poppins related pins. C:

I'm not expecting to be nominated, but its pretty cool to see the lists of everyone's favorites. :) I'm just starting to collect, but here are the themes I have and/or hope to collect:

-Orange Bird
-Finding Nemo
-Tiki Birds
-Lady & the Tramp
-Oliver & Company (I prefer the dogs over Oliver, lol)
-Disney dog characters in general

Ut oh, someone said they liked stories! Well, let's see if I can spin one then. It has to do with what I collect, or should I say what don't I collect? When I started collecting Disney pins nearly a quarter of a century ago now, I had 2 things in mind. One was to get 101 different dalmatian pins, and that was accomplished long ago, but never stopped. The second was to try and collect at least one pin of every character that I recognized from all animation, cartoon, comic book, comic strip or movie that fit into my addiction. This has resulted in a vast array of everything, but I love them all and try to frame them in their own little movie/series or similar groups. It does make it hard to find any particular pin should I want to, but that can be fun too, as you then have to look at a lot of different pins and be reminded of them if you happen to want to locate one in particular for some reason. I was reminded of this when I decided to part with a few to help an even more serious addict in her quest to finish a particular movie line. I had forgotten some of the pins that I had in that one, and it can definitely be fun to just look at them all again. For me, it's all about the hunt to get them, but I still love to look at them once I do have them. Current hunts are for anything I don't have a pin of, but the only ones that come instantly to mind are Wreck-It Ralph and Oz, as they're the newest movies, but there are lots of others, lol.

I'm just starting out so at the moment I collect -

Lady and the Tramp
Ariel
any Disney Animals (preferably dogs but any animal is good too!)
Avengers/Marvel

being a UK DPF'er the chances of getting zapped are fairly small, but hey :)

I collect:

"Imagine" Figment (Typically when Figment is doing something, or dressed as something)
Flounder (No Ariel)
Archimedes
Timon (Only)
Mr. Smee
Jungle Book
Duelers and art of the Haunted Mansion
Maleficent (In Dragon form, by herself, or with Mickey)
DS Movie Posters
DSF Marquees
WDI Sorcerer Hats

and I just gave up on BTs. They aren't fun any more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back