• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

i went pin trading today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went pin trading today!
I would think you can just speak to the store manager and explain that it is part of the experience and see why they are not available.
As for being knowledgable about pins, remember they have a whole store to deal with. Other than just being able to direct you to the pins is typically acceptable but of course if it is their department, you would hope they would know a little something and what pins they may currently have in stock.

I have heard a few different types of experience from different people about the same store. It could be the staff on those days?

Dan - the problems lie with the fact that even store managers do not seem to "promote" pin trading within the stores & when questioned as to why staff are not wearing lanyards then they are quick enough to think of something else to do or move onto the next customer. The whole UK pin trading experience in UK stores is a sham & the blame really falls onto the staff/managers - I say this not knowing what their brief was (if any) on trading but they are the first line of contact.

We are talking a store, for example my nearest, probably quarter the size of an outlet shop so the store knowledge does not have to be that vast for the size of store or the product range (mainly plushes & clothing)

Lanyards are hardly worn, pins for sale are either hidden in drawers behind the counter or there is a very limited selection on display - the whole experience sucks, the staff although pleasant seem hard-pressed to want to trade, let alone promote it!

If anyone has any contact details for Disney UK Pin trading please let me have them or maybe we shoot straight to the top & e-mail Mr Miller!!

Its not steven Miller if thats who you are refferring to its UK disney stores themselves not parks I assume its someone in hammersmith which is their UK Head Office you could try rining that and asking them who to write to
Jacqui

I'm SO shocked to hear this, as I visited the Trafford Centre just over a week ago and the two Cast Members we dealt with were lovely! I was with my friend Danny, and we first asked a lady with glasses if we could see the Trading lanyards (since we know they have two). The lady with glasses very happily handed us over to another lady, who then went and got the lanyards. I did a couple of trades and so did Danny, and both women were great.

Maybe you were unlucky enough to have been dealing with a Christmas temp. :( The temps in my local store have no clue about pin trading. I'm guessing it wasn't deemed important enough for them to get trained on it.

I agree with Lindsay as Im a tad shocked at this as well as we had a very pleasent chat with the CM and saw both lanyards, traded and both said have a nice day. The Manchester Arndale and Trafford centre stores are normally pretty good when it comes to trading but the temps no **** all about it, I asked the lanyard one day and the person was a manager from the blackpool store and she asked about 3 temps who were stood together who wanted to do the pin trading, least she tried to get the temps to pin trade, just the temps see it as a job and want to just get it done.

Its not steven Miller if thats who you are refferring to its UK disney stores themselves not parks I assume its someone in hammersmith which is their UK Head Office you could try rining that and asking them who to write to
Jacqui

I have already tried that & got no-where, I wanted to make reference to something before I went into writing, it is the typical cold-shoulder response which you seem to get in the UK nowadays, not just from Disney I add.

I will write to Steven Miller - is it not he who is chief pin guru regardless of whether it be for parks etc etc. I've read through every post on this thread & there is hardly one that praises the UK trading scene. People should be made aware of the issues after-all & I do not really care if they are the top-dog or an employee at the very least we will get our point across!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back