I WENT TO DISNEYLAND!!!! - April 10-14

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Jan 11, 2018.

?

Where should I eat my fabulous birthday dinner?

1. Napa Rose

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Carthay Circle

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Blue Bayou

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Somewhere else entirely (where?)

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Member

0   0   0

The last time I attended Disneyland was in 2014 while enjoying Celebration VII. I'm kind of a "meat and potatoes" person myself. I like Plaza Inn. "Lunch and dinner entrees feature generous portions of fried chicken, pot roast, penne pasta, salads, and other home-style dishes. Desserts includes pie, cake, and other treats. Plaza Inn has seating inside and outside on the patio."
    Personally, I was drawn by the smell and portion size. I cook a lot at home so I'm very picky what I consume from other restaurants. It may not be what you're looking for but I can promise you, you won't be disappointed. Dinner prices range from: $14.49 - $18.49 Even though characters may be in attendance, the motif is still quite colorful. Quiet dining is not my thing but a family atmosphere is still quite appealing to this writer.

2. TheRetroNerd

TheRetroNerd Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

I can't wait for the Pixar foods! I wish the Monsters Inc. noodle sauce wasn't spicy. I'm looking forward to trying the ratatouille and the Pixar cake, though!

4. TheRetroNerd

TheRetroNerd Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

but they never say where you can get the cake.

5. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

My guess would be Plaza Inn, since that’s where they tend to do the themed cakes. (At least, that’s where they have the rainbow cake for Gay Days.)

6. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

You say "itinerary" like there's some sort of plan involved. HA. I have no plan! I'm just going to show up and do stuff! :D

April 10: Arrive late afternoon/maybe check out Downtown Disney
    April 11: DLR/DCA
    April 12: DLR/DCA
    April 13: DLR/DCA
    April 14: Hollywood & environs (including DSSH)

Should I have more specific plans than this?!? You guys are supposed to help; I said I dunno what I am doing!!!!! :D

ALSO: To all my beautiful Cali peoples--what kind of weather do you have this time of year? Yes, I will check the forecasts before I head West, but those are so abstract! I operate better with "I am comfy in my jeans this time of year" or "You will die if you wear anything heavier than ..." Remember, I'm used to going to WDW, where it is almost always hot and humid! So if CJ tells me, "I actually wore jeans this week," I know to pack a variety of clothing to cover all bases. Ha ha ha.

timeerkat and Sami like this.
  7. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

It should be sunny, I don't think we're supposed to get anymore rain. It's usually a little more Humid in DLR. Probably in the between 80's possible low 90's. But you never know in Cali, our weather does what ever it feels like lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  8. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Yea, that sounds about right.. it's been really windy/ chilly in the Valley lately, and it's already the end of March. It also rained last week, too! Wth! We'll update you again on weather next week.

@Addicted to Alice Pins I guess I just wanna know if you'll be attending the villains release at DSSH in the morning/ when you'll be in Hollywood (an approximate time slot). It turns out that I have an unbelievably packed day that Saturday, but I need to see you! :D

Addicted to Alice Pins and Sami like this.
  9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Hmmm. So the easiest way to do this (right now, at least) is: What hours will you guys be in Hollywood for the release? Like, you line up at 5 am? And how long will you be there (on average, I know it varies)?

I honestly do not know if I can convince my BFF to schlep over there in time for the release. The time change is actually on our side, so maybe I can tap-dance around his room at the "crack of dawn" because for us it WON'T feel like the crack o' dawn (sort of) and get him moving in time to show up. But traditionally, when we are at WDW (which is in our time zone, mind you), I wake up by 7 am and have to tiptoe around and make brekkie and shower and read a book or take a walk around the lagoon or check my email and then EVENTUALLY his a$$ decides to join the waking world. (One time, I--in the next room with the door closed--heard his alarm go off. And then time out. And then go off again about 10 minutes later. And then time out. And then go off a third time. And I was like, HOW CAN YOU NOT HEAR THAT WHY DON'T YOU WAKE UP ALREADY????) Ha ha ha. Soooo ... it will be a project. Which is why I don't want to promise to come to the release, in case I am unable to shift him in a timely fashion.

I'm thinking if nothing else, perhaps we can overlap at DSSH with you guys before you need to jet off elsewhere (hence my opening question). I was actually kinda bummed that they're having a release that day, ha, because I knew it would mean y'all would be there crazy-early and then, understandably, want to go home to nap or get on with your lives, and IDK if we're going to get there while you are! I WILL TRY.

10. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    162   0   0

One thing, I can't remember if I already mentioned, as far as "planning"... around the time of official sunset, the lights come on in Carsland, like they do in the movie, with the song. So one evening you should try to be in Carsland for that.

Sami and Addicted to Alice Pins like this.
  11. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

You have to be in line by 5am with your wristband to be part of the raffle. I usually leave around 4:15, get in line about 4:45am, they do the final count and between 5:15-5:30 they start pulling numbers. They start lining up in number order at 6am and then it goes down the line like that. So how long it will take will be dictated by which number you pull. I'm only about 15-20mins from DSF so I don't leave all that early to get there. You could be there until 7:30 sometimes, other times you'll be there until they open at 10am, the cutie release will most likely be a larger one, so it will take longer for them to do the count and pull numbers and get through all the people. There are lots of people who go to DLR after to trade.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

I live literally a 5-minute drive from DSF (when there's no traffic), so I usually wake up around 4:30, roll into my car around 4:45, and get there in the last 5-10 minutes. I'm going to try to get there a bit earlier for this one so I know I'll be guaranteed to make it before cutoff as there are actually pins from this release that I collect.

Since I'm so close, its easy for me to go home after the release and then come back later on when you get into town.

13. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

ahhh yes.. let's see.. this release will prob be SUPER POPULAR, so who knows how long it'll take to even get through distributing all the numbers. If somehow you can make to DSSH by 7am, i think most of us will still be around HAHA

I have a lunch thing and then a friend's engagement party thing (4-7pm), but she lives a while from hollywood, so if you're there just before OR like.. 6/7ish, then I can prob drive over for a bit too :p

Worst case scenario, I'll give your pin to @timeerkat (thanks in advance, tessa haha :p)

14. itsFantasmic

itsFantasmic Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WOW so jealous I won't be able to attend Pixar Fest to eat these yummy foods!!!

15. boarder010

boarder010 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

ah jealous that you have quick access to the store! hah.

16. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

:) It's definitely convenient for morning releases! I work 1/2 hour to an hour away from home (depending on traffic), though, so mid-day weekday releases kill me because I see them and think "if only I were home now I could hop over and get it, but instead I'm stuck with a potentially two-hour round trip."

17. boarder010

boarder010 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

at first I was jealous but now I see, it's dangerous for the wallet to be so close! haha

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  18. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Next week! :D

19. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hi are you all set? : ) As Tessa mentioned it's next week? : )

20. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Ha ha, my BFF actually texted me last night to say, "ARE YOU EXCITED?! I'M EXCITED!!!"

Being me, I replied, "About what?"

:D :D :D

I'm as set as I'm going to be, I guess. To be honest, I'm one of those people who just can't fuss about a trip until it's time to go; I don't have the bandwidth. I mean, when it's almost-but-not-quite time--obviously, I've been hyped about this trip for months. But I'm just trying to get through the work week (because of course, people have to start blowing up stuff the week before I leave, ha) and enjoy the weekend at home with my BF (since he's not coming to Cali). And then check in for my flight on Monday and pack my bag. And then ... just get going. Once I'm IN CALI I will be a ball of fire. But I'm pretty much at the "got plane ticket, got lodging, got park passes" state. I do have a lunch reservation for each day in the parks, with a side list of other places I want to try when the next "Feed me, Seymour" moment hits throughout the day(s). And I'm looking forward to seeing everyone I have a chance to meet up with and do all the fun things and eat the snacks and enjoy the moments and yaaaaaayyyyyyyy. I'm just in the "conserving energy" phase right now.

I do still wonder if MaxPass is worth it? I haven't really done my homework there--and I think I need to get my BFF to download the app so we can link. Your DLR app does that, right? So you can book things "in a group"? I'm just so comfortable with the WDW way that I'm still not sure if I'm missing something about DLR. Which is also why I'm like, a bit mellow ... I can't figure out if there's a big piece I'm actually missing, or if things really are just simpler Out West. :D

But ... YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!

21. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hmmmm yes you're missing the.....CRAZY...haha
    Maxpass should be able to link up together, but I've never used, sorry... Dawn has used, she said it's great! It's convenient if it's crowded, recommend to definitely do it on your Biryhday the 13th with PixarFest opening. The crowds will be there to check it out.
    Our weather has been 70s to mid 80s with cool weather in evenings. Bring clothes to layer.
    Will send a PM

22. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Lookie what came in the mail yesterday, courtesy of the fabulous Dawn (@Shelterkat)!!!!! :D :D :D [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

23. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

so cute!!

24. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

YAY! You deserve all the good foods and shoppings. Do your mom proud and find some killer deals. :) Have an AMAZING trip and a FANTASTIC [number redacted] birthday!

25. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Oh man I'm so excited for you! I wanna come...:(
    Can't wait for you to post pics and every single detail with us, we'll be living the experience through you!