If Only Love Were an Open Door

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by chubs191, May 24, 2017.

1. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

Today, I got this pin in the mail and was super excited for it. I thought it would be a safe pin, but I think I got duped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The poor eyelashes, the king's leg having a gouge in it, and the fact that the number isn't engraved deeper all point to scrapper for me. Does anyone have any comparison pics, especially of the LE number for me to compare to?

2. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    397   0   0

Oh man...that's rough. The Mickey Heads don't look quite right either. Like the ears are alien antennae or something...

~Merlin

3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

Oh wow. I haven't seen this up close in a while (had it, sold it) so I don't have a clear memory. But Elsa looks way too much like a Simpsons character. I know the interior artwork wasn't the loveliest, but something about this just looks wrong. I'm so sorry if this is indeed a fake of some kind.

4. chubs191

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

It's like an uncanny valley pin for me. And the seller doesn't take returns all their pins are AS IS... I should have looked at the description before buying. I don't know if I should try to get a refund or not. I looked into it some more and there are several coming from at least 3 different sellers from Hong Kong and Denver, CO. So, buyer beware... I guess.

I'll try to fix it on the outside to look better, if I can't get a refund.

5. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'm sorry this happened to you!
    But hey, maybe you and your fabulous art skills can make this pin look even better than the original.

6. chubs191

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

Thanks, Emily! You've inspired me to try something with it.

7. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Contact PayPal via phone and explain. You have buyer protection.

8. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Besides the fake part, what an awesome pin!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

No returns doesn't mean "no fakes". Ask for a refund.

10. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

Wow. That inside part. That's got to be one of the roughest fakes I've seen. Put in for a refund.

11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    482   0   0

If purchased through eBay do a claim through
    EBay requires sellers to accept returns on defective merchandise

12. chubs191

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

I put in a return request. I don't know what else I can do. Do I call eBay about it as well?

13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

If you don't hear back from the seller or if the reply is negative, you can file a complaint.

14. chubs191

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

They've decided to allow me to return it, but I think they want me to pay for shipping, since they didn't say anything about it in the message. I'm not gonna let that happen.

15. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    482   0   0

You can involve ebay or just use the PayPal return shipping is on us program. PayPal will refund you for the shipping cost once you provide the receipt, up to $25-30 per refund, 12 refunds per calendar year :)

16. chubs191

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

So, a little update. They finally sent me a label today after having eBay threaten to give me the money. On the last day before I would get it. Now, I have to wait probably another 2 weeks to get my money back because I have to ship it. This whole experience has kinda ruined eBay for me. At so many points I've wanted to give up and just chalk it up to a bad experience.

17. NDBounce

NDBounce Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

If you purchased it on the most famous auction site (I believe we are not to mention it by name, but may be wrong), you can request a refund and state that the item is not Authentic, the site has always ruled in my favor when doing that, and more often than not, the seller simply issues a refund and puts me on their blocked list. So give that a try.

18. NDBounce

NDBounce Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Don't give up! As Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Don't let the scrappers win (granted they seem to be doing quite well).

19. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Someone said that Elsa looks like a Simpsons character, but she looks more like Beavis and Butthead to me... Heh heh heh.

20. noone

noone Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow, Elsa has six fingers on her hand :anxious: