• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

If you can read it it's real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can read it it's real?

Pluto1982

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed something interesting about most fake pins and please tell me if I am wrong. It appears that if you can read the info on the pin especially the year, it is usually real. Every fake pin I have come across especially the hidden mickeys I have to use a magnifying glass to read the pin especially the year and even then sometimes I can barely make it out.

Seeing as some scrapers are made at the same factory (so I've heard), I would think most of those would be nearly equivalent to real ones.

I would agree with you. The OPT logo is often blurry and the date is very difficult to see
on fake pins.

I always look for if the Mickey head scrolling pattern on the back of the pin goes to the edge completely, does it have long visible scrapping marks on the enamel on the back, and checking PinPics to see if it's being reported to having known scrappers. If those things any of them happen I figure it's fake. I don't go after Hidden Mickeys unless its a really new one like the Hong Kong ones I've been finding at DLP are totally real and look so good. I've only ever seen fake hidden mickeys until those have come along.

Last edited:
Hmmm never really noticed this - I should go look at my pins. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell fakes that don't have the mickey waffle back, so maybe this is one of the keys for them

This is a small video I did and I show some scrappers up close:
[video]https://youtu.be/ubogw3EDUXs?t=2m44s[/video]

I have it set at the part where I go over a scrapper specifically. Otherwise it's a long video :p I've gotten better at editing since this one. And a better camera.

I'm going to have to disagree. I have (sadly) come by plenty of scrappers that were easily readable and on the other hand i have also come across completely legitimate pins that were near impossible to read without a magnifying glass.

I'd have to say out of all of the scrapper detection evidence there is, i would say this is the least likely to get you a solid answer.

I would stick to the detection evidence that Rvaya suggested.

Also, I'm starting to learn not to call everything fake. There are differences between a fake and if it's just a legitimate scrapper. When I started I really thought the words were interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back