Illinois pin trading meetup!

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Sarah_scarne, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Yes, we are having Pin trading at the Fuddrucker's in Downers Grove, IL on February 17th. Things usually start around 11 am and go until
    3 pm-4 pm. Anyone can come! Come to the restaurant and look for us in their room off to the side. Last month we had a great turnout and expect the same this month.

2. Kim & Kate

Kim & Kate New Member

0   0   0

Awesome! Supposed to fly back by Friday night and going to try to make this one. If not, definitely the March 17th one. Thanks!

3. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Are you guys meeting up this Saturday?

4. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

No, we meet the third Saturday of the month, so we will meet April 21st.

5. MasteringMatt

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

What time do you usually meet?

6. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Fuddruckers officially opens at 11 am, but we generally get there about 10:30 and go in the side door. We take possession of their side room and typically stay until 3:30-4 pm. We like to eat in the main dining room, but sometimes large groups of people walk over from nearby hotels, and we are forced to eat on the tables with our pins.

7. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Windy City Pin Traders will be having their monthly pin meet at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove this Saturady, April 21st. The restaurant is on Findlay(?) near the junction of 355 and 88. The doors officially open at 11 am, but we get there a little earlier and let each other in the side doors. The room can be a bit cold early in the morning, so wear layers. We should have a good crowd, although some people do go to New Jersey for the big pin meet there.

8. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Windy City Pin Traders meet this Saturday, May 19th, at the Fuddrucker's in Downers Grove. Meet starts at 11 am and all are welcome to come and see what pin trading is all about.:mickey:

9. Angela flanigan

Angela flanigan New Member

0   0   0

I live in Columbus ohio. Are there ever trading events in ohio other than the one in Dayton in June?

10. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I missed the meet in June so did not send a reminder, but the Windy City pin traders will meet this Saturday, July 21st at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove. The meet starts at 11 am and usually goes until 3 or 4 o'clock.

11. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Unfortunately, the Dayton one is the only one that I am aware of.

12. MasteringMatt

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I really need to make one of these Disney meet ups. July is out but maybe August.

13. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Windy City Pin Traders will be meeting this Saturday, Aug. 18th, at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove. On Findlay, near the junction of Butterfield, 355 and 88. Things usually start at 11am, but some people get there earlier. Hope to see more new faces this month.

14. MasteringMatt

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I think I can actually come. Is it okay to come and jut look my first time or do I need to bring pins?

15. pins4twin

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Sure, it is open to all. Sometimes people who are just there to eat come into the trading area to look around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.