I'm a bad Disney fan...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ventchick, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Because hubs and I JUST watched Lilo & Stitch... and we are sobbing.

It's now one of my favorites.

Now I need Lilo & Stitch pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Better late than never, but I have to ask: what took you so long?!

3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

LOVE Lilo and Stitch :stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch:

4. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

one of my favorites

5. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Lol truthfully, I thought it was gonna be lame. I dunno why I thought that... just didn't seem like it was gonna be good. The last "alien" movie I liked was Space Jam

Plus, for a Disney-phile, there are quite a few popular Disney films I've never seen. Told ya... horrible Disney fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. GoofyinMadison

GoofyinMadison PinPics: DIZFAN

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

You're not a horrible Disney fan, you're just taking things slow :wavey::stitch::stitch::stitch:

7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

LOL I haven't seen a lot of the newer movies yet either (but have seen l&s). Luckily for you, there's like a bajillion stitch pins!

8. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

and you call yourself a Disney fan. Yes, awful, just awful. :p

9. NutMeg

NutMeg Keep movin', junior.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

[​IMG]

Lol, but seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's easily one of my favorites. Prepare to discover and appreciate something new about it upon each subsequent re-watch! Like the fact that he is aptly named "Stitch," symbolic of how he mends the family back together. Or the fact that the song Nani sings to Lilo, "Aloha Oe" (aka "Farewell to Thee") was written by a Hawaiian queen and became a cultural anthem of sorts after Hawaii was annexed by the US, which resulted in many families being forced apart. And she sings it as a goodbye before Lilo is taken away by an agent of the US government... such a deep and powerful film.

10. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

OK, now I don't feel so bad. I just watched "Up" a few months ago. I bought it on DVD when it first came out but never sat down to watch it. My sister watched the first 5-10 minutes a while back, and turned it off (very depressing, after losing our mother and other sister to cancer).

11. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

Have fun with that,but that's cool though

12. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I re-watched Lilo and Stitch for the first time in years just a few weeks ago, and I did not remember it being such an emotional movie, but I was tearing up through so much of it. Lilo throwing down Scrump after the girls made fun of her-then running back to pick her up in a hug ... Stitch wandering away from the house, calling out, "Lost!" thinking he might find his family ... So many scenes involving Nani, who is one of my favorite Disney characters. I probably can't praise this movie enough, they did such a good job with the character development. Did anyone on here notice (I didn't, I had to read it somewhere) ALL of the surfing trophies in Nani's room? Just a very subtle example of how much their lives had to change after their parents passed away. :cry: