• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

In need of a Stitch pin expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
In need of a Stitch pin expert

mavericklancer

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey all,

I'm currently in the middle of a negotiation for a LE 100 stitch pin (Back to school 2006 jumbo... I'm on an iPhone so I'll post pinpics info later). The problem is that i haven't seen any eBay completed listings or listings on the forum for it, so I have no reliable way of telling if im getting a fair deal. So if anyone has experience with this pin, please pm me.

ebay for sale now $84.99 with make best offer - seller has 5 for sale

Last edited:
Stitch decides to head back to school with a bold new fashion sense on this charming gold-finished character pin, a Disney Auctions exclusive in a limited edition of 100 jumbo pins.

Stitch wears a baseball cap backwards with his ears hanging down. He wears a gold chain/necklace around his neck with the letter "S" on it. He has a book and ruler under one arm and a red apple in the other hand. His red and white striped boxer shorts are sticking out of the top of his baggy jeans. His toes are peeking out from the bottom of his pants which are too long because he is wearing them so low.

SIZE: approx. 2.75" x 3".

Auction closed on August 10, 2006, but was not released to winners.

07/2008: An unknown number of pins were sold on DisneyShopping.com on 07.18.2008 for $19.95 (Item 99578P). Imported. Enamel cloisonné.
"That student of mischief, Stitch, is dressed the part as he heads Back to School with his lunch and book on this jumbo Disney pin."

pin48641

First, this is the pin in question, right?

ebay for sale now $84.99 with make best offer - seller has 5 for sale

IMO, there are so many red flags with this listing, it isn't even funny. We're talking about a DA LE 100 STITCH pin from 2006 that:

1. Is listed at BIN OBO of $84.99
2. The seller has 5 for sale

If this is the listing you're dealing with, I would run in the other direction as quickly as you can. Due to the controversy surrounding it's initial 'release' on DA and then subsequent sale on DS, I find it unlikely that any one seller has 5 legitimate examples of this pin. While it's always possible that these pins are legit, I just don't think it's very probable and I personally would stay away from the auction.

maybe true, but...seller has excellent feedback and seems to have a lot of high end pins for sale...

For those of you following the thread, but not headed to the Bay to check out the listing, the seller claims he was one of the ones that paid for the original auction and never received the pin(s). He says he was able to get his hands on a few of them through Disney Shopping.

ETA: He does seem to be a reliable seller (no neutral or negative feedback in at least the last 12 months). He even thanks PinPics for the picture! Something rarely seen these days.

Last edited:
For those of you following the thread, but not headed to the Bay to check out the listing, the seller claims he was one of the ones that paid for the original auction and never received the pin(s). He says he was able to get his hands on a few of them through Disney Shopping.

ETA: He does seem to be a reliable seller (no neutral or negative feedback in at least the last 12 months). He even thanks PinPics for the picture! Something rarely seen these days.

That is true and I'd say the pins are legit. This was one of the pins at the end of Disney Auctions that ended up getting released on Disneyshopping.com. This, the beach set, Jessica as Monroe, etc. While the purchasing of these in mass quantities by one person when these were released is..... frustrating.....they are legit.

With that being said, I'd guess that a fair price in this market is around $50.

Thanks for all the input, everyone! After reading everything here and from the pms I received, I concluded that I was getting a relatively decent deal using the OBO option from that ebay seller.

I've bought from that seller many times & have ever had a problem. I think he's trustworthy.

I too , have purchased a number of times from him, the pins have always been good and legit. I have even meet and traded with him at an EPCOT event a few years ago.

Paul

I remember that release in '06 - DA did that several times (didn't release) and then put them up years later on DS to the frustration of many of us.

[Not sure if we can/can't mention eBay names, but] Goofydon has been around for ages, gosh, he's vintage even. ;) Absolutely no reason to assume anything shady - many traders see a pin they like and they pick up extra for traders - eventually they decide to flip them to get the money back out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back