Interest in a Murder Mystery ... ?

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by dancecats, Feb 22, 2017.

1. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Sounds like fun! I'm in.

2. kajtdd

kajtdd DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I would be interested in participating.

3. RIDisneyPinGuy

RIDisneyPinGuy DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

One of my past favorite parts of visiting here... I am so in for this!

4. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I've always wanted to be involved in one of these! Count me as interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

No fee to play, just a (reasonable) time commitment to regular participation throughout the game.

6. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I apologize for not explaining the how the game is played. Even though a murder hasn't been hosted on DPF for a few years, the games have become such an institution that I forgot that not everyone would know what they are or how they are played. Oops, my bad. For those who don't understand the mechanisms of the game, did the link to the rules explain things sufficiently or is further explanation required?

7. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

I'm here! I'm interested!

8. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

I might be interested? Honestly, based on the link, the game sounds really complicated! I don't know if I have the brains to keep up.

[​IMG]

9. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Sounds good to me.. I will give it a go

10. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

11. jprincess

jprincess Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Yay!!! Then yes I'm interested!! :D

12. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

For those who still are confused about the game, allow me to explain a little bit about the game play itself. This has not been discussed in the game rules themselves. A final modified version of the rules will be posted according to the timeline discussed in the OP (there will be a few differences, but the important game structures should remain unchanged). I think most of you are making this more confusing than it really is; the games seem overwhelming and difficult, but they're really easy and quite fun to play once you get into them.

So basic game play is as follows: first you choose a Disney character to portray. Choose a character whose personality you know quite well, one you will be comfortable moving through the game in response to series of situations that can best be described as wild, unpredictable, crazy, and always fun - so you'll want to have a solid understanding of your chosen character's nature and personality so you can plausibly react to whatever is going on in the game and remain in character. You can choose either mainstream or obscure characters, primary, supporting, or minor, it's all up to you and how well you know your character choice. I will say that I reserve the right to veto/reserve certain characters for specific games - and for inexperienced characters, I will advise against using silent/non-speaking characters. Silent characters can be played, but they are just very difficult and I would recommend gaining some experience before attempting one.

Once in the game, you post *actions* and 'dialogue' that you think your character might *do* and 'say' in respond to the current game situation. Say you are playing as Peter Pan; you walk into the middle of Main Street and find Mickey Mouse is caught in the middle of a giant mouse trap. What do you think Peter Pan would say? Do? That's what you would post. And yes, you can and should interact with the other players/characters; that's what makes the game fun. I'll be guiding the game along, both as a host character and by sending information/directions to other players, instructing people where to go, what to do, and what to find/discover, and so on.

Does this make things a little less confusing? Or did I make them worse?

13. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

I think this is pretty good. I'd def recommend others to google and see if there are example videos or something. I still didn't really understand how a game like this was possible until I participated in my first one.

14. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I'd do it... I'm a little confused about the rules, but I'd love to participate if I can do it from home.

15. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oh I am SO down for this. SO DOWN. AHHHH.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

16. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

From what I've collected so far Muder Mystery seems to be like D&D, but with less dice rolls. :3

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

17. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

LOL that's pretty much the gist of it. You RP an existing Disney character and react appropriately to the situation.

Man I don't even know who I would pick.

18. Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie Gamblin' Boogie Man

0   0   0

I am certainly interested in this. My only concern is you said you will be starting it sometime in June after you return from WDW. I will be going to WDW on June 25 and staying for 2 weeks. Would this hinder me in playing the game?

19. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

The game sign up thread (where you officially commit to play and select your character) will be posted in June. The game itself will start sometime in mid July, when I get back from WDW. Had the game been going on while you were at WDW, you might have had difficulty keeping up but it would have been possible to play while at the World. It would have required more of an effort and a willingness to remain 'connected' while on holiday, but it has been done before (I have done it). However, since the game starts after you return, this should not be a problem for you.

20. Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie Gamblin' Boogie Man

0   0   0

Great I return on July 10th so I so be cool. The best part is I will also be on Summer break from college as well. Thanks

21. Pixie Jules

Pixie Jules I lost my shadow in my avatar

0   0   0

Definitely interested in this.

22. Satina

Satina Member

0   0   0

Ooh Murder Mystery. Sounds awesome. Sign me up.

23. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I would play this game!

24. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    236   0   0

Oh man oh man, can we already call characters? Because I really, really want to reserve Joy. XD

25. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN yes I am *TOTALLY* interested! I enjoyed the murder mystery games so much!