• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Introducing a new wicked queen~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiyas!

I am relatively new to pin trading AND the forum myself currently I reside in the uk but I skip around continents a lot. I have only been collecting a week or two but have already managed to spend far to much money on this hobby! Lol

I really need to find a way to resist temptation... Something I have never been that good at. *g*

Anyways nice to meet you and I hope you have fun with it.

Merida90 -
Hello to you too and thank you! :hug:

Maya -
Hello there, its nice to meet you too! You sound a lot like me, with the spending a lot already bit. Lol! They are lovely though and worth every $ or £ spent. If you don't mind me asking, what do you collect? :) I hope you have fun as well and give in to temptation whenever you can. ;)

Sorapandora -
Thank you! :)

Crushedbubbles -
Hello again! :D :wavey:

Maya -
Hello there, its nice to meet you too! You sound a lot like me, with the spending a lot already bit. Lol! They are lovely though and worth every $ or £ spent. If you don't mind me asking, what do you collect? :) I hope you have fun as well and give in to temptation whenever you can. ;)

I'm still trying to figure that out really. At the moment it's anything that takes my fancy but that is the surest way to wrack and ruin as there are so many lovely pins out there. Slowly I am narrowing my focus to certain types. I quite like anything that resembles glass or has glass like elements. Been leaning towards Mulan, Peter pan and villains, but to be honest a part of me sees a pin I like and I'm all ..oooooooh shiny me likey! And then more money leaps out of my wallet.

At a guess I would say you are a snow white fan. ;)

Maya-
I have to agree with you that there are so many lovely pins out there. I have to admit, despite wanting to collect just my favourite leading lady villains (and Snow White), I have found myself wanting pins from other movies I like too. :facepalm: But primarily, I am most definitely going for Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine and Maleficent pins. Your selection to focus on sound lovely, I love all three themes (especially the villains ;)). Much like you, I find myself drooling over things I am not supposed to be collecting and yes... most of the time I give in to temptation. :facepalm: At the end of the day though, if you like it, I would say go for it or add it to your wants list. :D There's no reason as to why you can't have a bit of everything if you enjoy the hobby and like the look of the pin.

Oh yes, very much so. ;) Snow White has ruled my purse (and soul!) for practically all my life. :facepalm: I honestly can't say no to Evil Queen merchandise - whether it be a pin, doll, mug or t-shirt. She is my weakness and my bank hates me for it, LOL. :(

Maya-
I have to agree with you that there are so many lovely pins out there. I have to admit, despite wanting to collect just my favourite leading lady villains (and Snow White), I have found myself wanting pins from other movies I like too. :facepalm: But primarily, I am most definitely going for Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine and Maleficent pins. Your selection to focus on sound lovely, I love all three themes (especially the villains ;)). Much like you, I find myself drooling over things I am not supposed to be collecting and yes... most of the time I give in to temptation. :facepalm: At the end of the day though, if you like it, I would say go for it or add it to your wants list. :D There's no reason as to why you can't have a bit of everything if you enjoy the hobby and like the look of the pin.

Oh yes, very much so. ;) Snow White has ruled my purse (and soul!) for practically all my life. :facepalm: I honestly can't say no to Evil Queen merchandise - whether it be a pin, doll, mug or t-shirt. She is my weakness and my bank hates me for it, LOL. :(
Have you seen these then that was released this year? Most of these are currently still on sale on Disney Store's website I believe.

Screenshot2012-10-23at15301PM.png
Screenshot2012-10-23at15243PM.png
Screenshot2012-10-23at15251PM.png
Screenshot2012-10-23at15307PM.png
Screenshot2012-10-23at15314PM.png

And of course the pin

Milky -

I have and oh my goodness, I love them. I own the doll and have the notebook on order. I am searching for the pin (as well as the Maleficent one) to possibly buy as I currently don't have sufficient traders to offer for it. ^^; As for the rest, sadly our Disney store does not stock it (I am from the UK) and I am not sure if the American one ships aboard (I remember a friend talking about ordering some pins from there once, and if I remember right (which may not be the case as my memory can be hazy from time to time) they charge some pretty crazy/inflated prices to ship). :( I am pining over the scarf and t-shirt and the mug is perfect for my tea (best wakeup call ever to have tea served with her :yum:). :facepalm: I can only hope that they perhaps release them here too, as we have the Designer Ursula and Maleficent t-shirts - although its looking unlikely as they were releasing new waves of stuff with each doll and... well... the dolls are all out now. :/ Thank you SO much for posting them though, I really appreciate it. I can assure you that they are on my 'figure out on how to aquire' list. LOL.

-------------------------

Edit:

Yeah, I was right with what I remembered. Say if I ordered the t-shirt, the postage and packaging alone is $35.40. :eek2: Thats without paying for the shirt too (which is an additional $25.87). I don't mind the cost of the shirt itself, I would be all over that - I just can't see how they can charge that much to ship when its so light- that and its not exactly large or fragile. :suspect:

Last edited:

-------------------------

Edit:

Yeah, I was right with what I remembered. Say if I ordered the t-shirt, the postage and packaging alone is $35.40. :eek2: Thats without paying for the shirt too (which is an additional $25.87). I don't mind the cost of the shirt itself, I would be all over that - I just can't see how they can charge that much to ship when its so light- that and its not exactly large or fragile. :suspect:

Queen - I'm going to guess it's because they (Disney Store) want trackable shipping. Plus, to ship via airmail for US to the UK is $3 for the first ounce, $0.78-1.00 for each additional ounce (without any tracking). I'm going to say that shirt has to at least weigh 8 ounces without any packaging. Add on packaging and it would probably be in the neighborhood of 12 ounces? So at least $15 without tracking via regular USPS?

P.S. If you're planning to go to WDW or any US location anytime soon, you might see if someone here in the US would be willing to ship to your location? To ship to WDW, though, one has to use UPS or Fed-Ex.

Last edited:
Benstorm13- Thank you so much for the welcome! :D

Alexa Disney- We have already met (Which I am very glad about, expect to hear more from me soon too! Hehe! ;) ), but thank you very much for the welcome. <3

Starry_Solo - Aha, I see, I totally forgot about insurance/tracking! :facepalm: I wouldn't of minded $15/$20, I perhaps would of possibly paid $25 too. $35 however, I find a bit much, especially as on top of that, I would have to possibly pay import fees (if my parcel was selected). :( Out of curiosity, I also went and added every t-shirt/item I would be interested in (10 t-shirts, one scarf and a pack of card/note thingys) into the Disney Store's cart- shipping would of been $127, or something around there. :eek: My bank balance did not like that idea, LOL. Either way, I found a way around it. A friend of a friend is going to visit her other friend, she comes from America, so she very kindly ordered them for me (I paid her in advance) and will be bringing them over on her next trip around Christmas! :D Yay! Super excited!
Evil Queen obsession = satisfied, for the moment at least. :facepalm: LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back