• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong?

Croppedcorners

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
when I first started collecting my Aunt purchased a huge lot of disney pins from eBay for my birthday. I know I know. Turns out they are all fakes.... What a shocker right :facepalm: Well I didnt want to be mean and tell her so I just decided to keep them and they have been collecting dust in my closet ever since. I guess my big question is, is it wrong to give them away FOR FREE with my trades? I know they are fake but I think some of them are pretty cool and maybe someone else might too. But I'm worried that if I do give them away someone will trade them for real ones and I wouldn't want someone else getting ripped off. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

I would not give them with a trade, person might get offended and be upset. I would take the backs off and use them for magnets on the Fridge or tack pins on a cork board. but do not send them out with your trades, I know you mean well but most would not like it.

Just saying

Also if you want to re purpose them and give them out a nice coat of nail polish with glitter or sheen makes them look nice. You can take the backs off and glue them into a card you send or make them into bows for traders you meet who have young children :3

You can add a note saying they are fake but that they're still cool. I once received a fake Tangled pin as a zap from someone, she added a note saying it was fake and that she still thought I'd like it. And she was right, I still liked it.

I like making necklaces from them. I would love to get a few from you, pm me and maybe we can make some sort of deal for a few.

Ok thank you for the input I think I'm going to try a little of each of what everyone suggested. It makes a lot of since I wouldn't want to offend anyone but I still think some if the pins are really cool so I don't want them to go to waste.

For me, The concern I have is that if I even give the fakes/scrappers away, they might make their way back into circulation. So to me the answer is do not give them away (unless you break the pin backs off). I've now got a nice collection of scrapper/fake refrigerator magnets to make sure that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I use mine as tacks on my cork board or on my work uniform to snazz it up. If I lose it and it falls off at work then meh. I personally would not be offended if I recieved one as a free gwp zap. It's only when people claim they are real I get contrite, not if they openly state it's fake. I just keep them separate from my real pins and don't pass them on.

You could probably use a marker on the back and write a big F or something similar...in this case I don't think giving them away for free could offend someone.
As someone stated already, the only issue is if this pins are traded as originals, that's why I think the best idea is to take the backs off and find some other nice use for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back