Is PinPics down

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by d.ducks, Aug 5, 2018.

1. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I usually try to reply to trade requests but sometimes life happens and I don't. When I do reply and it is not a trade I wish to make, I write, "Thanks for the trade request, but I think I'll pass for now." I saw something similar on a thread here one time and thought it was a great inoffensive response. Maybe something like this could be added as a response.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  2. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover DPF Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Collecting and trading pins is a hobby, I don't think it is right that we can suddenly have our reputation as a trader called into question because we didn't have the time to respond to every trade request. This hobby is too time consuming.

3. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Thanks for the update.

4. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

thanks for the info that is what I just did

5. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I just hope new new Pinpics has printer-friendly pages. So many "modern" websites have their fancy menus and such and when you go to print it says 26 pages. All because no one thought to hide stuff via a print css file.

momin.ator and starry_solo like this.
  6. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I was actually going to mention this too. The forum link seemed to work under http. But not now that it seems to default to https. Just hangs.

Also the shop link seems to go to nothing.

7. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Every time I go to the forum I get hijacked. I end up at some "Amazon" congratulations you won something site. Then I have to close the window and try again.

8. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Agreed I’ve seen this too. Might be comming from an ad but it is annoying that’s for sure.

9. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    491   0   0

I agree with this. Or, at the very least, I don't want to be "demoted" for not responding to a single trade request. If the number was higher, I might be okay. But even so, life does happen. I do like the "inactive" idea as well as the feedback system and drop down block for TA. Though something more neutral like slbrabham said would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

10. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover DPF Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

If this thread on Pinpics is going to prove useful, it needs to describe fully what you are suggesting for each point. I read the thread from the beginning and left my thoughts, however the Pinpics ambassador says 'I didn't describe that properly, I meant this ... surely that's ok with you' . I personally don't have the time to go round and round in circles with a conversation. And by the way, I would have responded, but my log in ID is not being recognised today on that part of the site.

11. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

30 Days seems way too soon to get switched to inactive.

12. PinPics_Ambassador

PinPics_Ambassador Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

oh … the Shop Button has been inactive for a couple of years here is the Pinopolis Store Link.
    Pinopolis
    Please Check here for ACME/HotArt Authorized Pins before resorting to the Secondary Market.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  13. PinPics_Ambassador

PinPics_Ambassador Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I apologize for not being more clear in what I was saying, PinocchioLover

14. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I like the idea of having default messages that include something neutral. But also the option of more specifics. They can be very educational for new traders. And standardized responses would hopefully mean fewer hurt feelings.

15. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Isn’t it usually pretty simple to delete inactive buttons?

16. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

PinPics seems to be sort of working today. I was able to log in. I still am not 100% confident that the trade messages are working.
    When I logged in a couple of days ago, I had two requests in the box. I never got notifications at my email address. I did check my spam folder too, and nothing.
    I respoded to the trade requests, but have had no answers. Kind of weird in my opinion that someone wants to trade and when I say yes, I do not hear back from them at all....

So, if any of the following user names look familiar, I am trying to respond to your trade requests!!

17. Poohlady5

Poohlady5 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    294   0   0

I logged into my account yesterday and also noticed trade requests in my box, dated from a week ago. But I've logged in previously since they've been back online and never saw them there, and I never received an email notification, which I normally do. I assumed it was just me and that I missed them, but maybe their system is pushing all of the old requests through now?

18. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hmmm, maybe!

19. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I suddenly have over 10 and no email notifications. Resuming trading is going to be tricky with so many pins still missing from their database though.

20. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Anyone else having issues logging into pinpics? It won’t let me reset my password (I’m not getting the email). I just messaged the Pinpics Ambassador but I’m curious if I’m the only one having these issues. It’s been going on for a while now but today I had good reason to log in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I have no problem logging in, but I've never tried to reset my password.