Is the quality of Disney Store customer service on the decline?

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Purplemandms, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I recently had a terrible experience with the Shop Disney/Disney Store website, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar tale. About a week ago I placed an order for items for Christmas, including my SS package, and found that one of the items was slightly damaged. (The package was also delivered to the wrong address, but that’s another story.) I called the DS to talk about the shipping and the damaged item, and they offered to replace the item - until they found out that the item I requested was no longer in stock. So they offered me a $10 future DS credit instead, which I happily accepted, and waited for the code. But instead of a code, I received an email stating the following:

Dear Disney Guest:

Thank you for your recent Disney order.
    We are sorry to inform you that the following
    merchandise was not available at the time your order
    was filled. You have not been billed for these
    items. We apologize for any inconvenience
    or disappointment this may cause.

If you would like a different item, we will be glad to
    add it to your order. Please email us at
    Guest.Services@DisneyStore.com with the item number and
    description. We look forward to being of service to
    you in the future and hope you will continue to enjoy
    the Magic of Disney!

Sincerely,

The DisneyStore.com Team

So I sent them the # of the item number I wanted, which I admit was more in value than the item that was initially damaged, however I thought the Disney Store was being generous because they didn’t specify what the value of the item I needed to select could be. I sent the item number along, and received another email to call the Disney Store to help me with my order. I called, and to make a long story short: after the call and several emails, I found out that they would not honor the offer in the email because “Once an order is being processed for shipping we are unable to make any changes to the order.” I just don’t understand that if the offer could have never been honored in the first place, then why they would make it.

This is my first bad experience with the Disney Store, or even Disney in general really, and it’s really put a sour taste in my mouth - especially since I plan on heading to the parks tomorrow for my birthday. Has anyone had a similar experience with the Disney Store Website? Do you feel as if the quality of customer care that is being provided has declined in the past few years? I admit that I made this thread to partially vent about my experience, but I’m also very interested to see if this is an isolated incident, or if the quality of a Disney experience really is declining.

2. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

That sounds like a horrid experience. I'm sorry that happened to you... Did you speak with a Supervisor/Manager when you called? Because if the item is damaged/broken they have no choice but to comp you or return the item.

Any time I call for or anything Disney Related I always ask for a Supervisor, regular associates on the phone are usually no help for questions or much anything else if I have to call them.

Wow and the package went somewhere else on top of it? I would be pretty peeved, I don't think I would take no for an answer if all that happened. Knowing me i would call every day until they fixed it... I got time to be annoying when I'm already annoyed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Purplemandms likes this.
  3. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Thank goodness. Now I feel a little less crazy about being upset. My experience with DS employees is that they have been incredibly helpful, and initially I was happy to accept the $10 credit they offered for the damaged item. The trouble came in when they took back that offer (never sent the voucher - though they did send the $10 voucher offered for my shipping troubles which I used to purchase some stuffed animals for my local toy drive), gave me the "replacement item" offer, and then refused to fill that request. When I called back, they offered a $25 voucher, which I refused, and then a different $20 voucher, which I also refused, because I still did not understand why they just wouldn't send me the item I requested, as per the email's instructions. It wasn't until after I refused both of those vouchers that I was told they could not fulfill the email's offer because of the shipping problem, but 1) why could they have not just created a new order, or told me to create a new order (which was already in progress because I was using that $10 voucher to get those BOGO plushies) and 2) why did they make a promise they could not fulfill? or 3) did they deny my request because they didn't specify what the value of the replacement item could be, and regret that I seemed to take advantage of that situation by requesting an item at a higher value than the one that was damaged, and refuse to admit that they made a mistake? (In my mind, Disney has such a large profit margin that sending out one of the thousands of these items they produce as a courtesy doesn't seem like that much of a trouble, especially because they said they were "happy to add it to my order".)

I just feel lied to by this company, which is the last thing I would expect from the Disney name. It's a very confusing situation, and honestly I feel bad airing my grievances/fighting for things with customer representatives, because they're people and have to deal with terrible situations all day. I fixed up the ornament and have it wrapped to give to a friend for Christmas, and I was able to use the $10 voucher for the shipping fiasco to do something good for my community, so I'm not at a total loss. But it's made clear that the Disney Store will not fulfill their initial promise, and that they're going to have to live with having an unhappy customer who is pretty technologically literate and isn't afraid to share their experience.

4. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Yeah, it all sounds like one big headache. I know what you mean, a company that large you would think would be a bit better organized in situations like this.
    They could just be having issues right now because of the Holiday and Christmas is coming so they're probably getting an influx of orders, which means more calling to customer care.

It's too bad that happened though, I hope they turn around and resolve the problem for you, even though you fixed the item, getting anything damaged is always disappointing especially when they are gifts, can really leave that sour taste in your mouth. I'm having a similar problem with another company, 5 orders in 4 months and damaged and missing goods in all orders, it's staring to drive me crazy.

I do hope that they try and figure out what happened, one upset customer can loose you lots of customers. Plus I agree with a company this large, you expect problems once in a while but you also expect them to be resolved in an orderly manner and quickly with larger Name Brand Companies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Purplemandms likes this.
  5. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Thanks again for your support. Hopefully it'll work itself out, but from what I'm reading online it really seems like the customer service at the Disney Store/Shop Disney website has been on the decline, which is very sad.

Sami likes this.
  6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

I always have problems with Disney Store and their customer service.