• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
OK, I've decided I don't need to pay the mortage, electric, or car payment. So I'm coming to Disney for the big birthday event. I'm coming on Friday morning and then going home on Sunday afternoon. I'm going on the cheap so I'm staying at the Pop Century. If anyone else is staying there please let me know. I'd love to meet up with some of you to go over to the park on Saturday.

I'll be there! c:
Would anyone be interested in getting together for some pin trading or something?

I'm kind of new to this forum, but I am going to the anniversary event, too, and am staying at Pop as well! I'd love to have some new friends to travel over with in the morning! Is there a way for the Pop people to meet briefly on Friday night?

I'm gonna be going on the First, I'll update the pins I'm bringing to trade, and you can message me if you want it, or else I'll be trading them to cast members around the park c:
also if there's any on my owns list that you want to trade for let me know : D

im going to be at mnsshp on friday not sure til when
Im meeting another pin friend for breakfast on Sat at pop not sure of time and location yet but we are going to MK early
i am going to be up early to call my friend back home around 530am ish

What day and approx time is everyone getting into POP?

Ok guys, I'll take a stab at trying to get us all together. How about Columbia Harbour House at 2:00PM on Oct. 1st. This will give us a place to meet after the lunch rush. We can grab a beverage and chat. It also gives time for those of us that are coming a litte later to get there and get our pins. If you are interested in this please post that you are in, and pm me your cell number if you would like me to text you the day of to confirm. If enough people sign up I will text Merryweather and Blacksmoke who are already enjoying the MAGIC!

Last edited:
The reason I didn't pick Pop is because there are a lot of people on this thread not staying there. Thought that meeting somewhere inside MK would make it easier on everyone for transportations sake!

Hey all! So that everyone knows, Columbia Harbour House is a walk up restaurant that is right across from the Haunted Mansion ride. It is right before you go into Fantasyland.

So far I have confirmation from:

Katpogo(Katherine)
Merryweather(Selen)
Simbanino(Juan)
Creativeextremeties(Laz)
Swimt2sea(Margaret)
Bellecat22(Sandy)
Santi
Samulet
OlesillysymphJ(Jordan)
CMR626(Cassie)
SueZ
Blacksmoke(Joni)
HeatherFeather(Heather)-maybe
Charguy01(Vicki)
Smiele23(Samantha)-maybe

Should be fun!!

Last edited:
Hey all! So that everyone knows, Columbia Harbour House is a walk up restaurant that is right across from the Haunted Mansion ride. It is right before you go into Fantasyland.

So far I have confirmation from:

Simbanino
Creativeextremeties
Swimt2sea

Should be fun!!

I'll be there too!

Do we need to make a reservation to be sure we can get seated? Sandy, you can't get stuck somewhere else. You are too much fun and we would all miss you.

Sandy, you have to come. I can't believe the response we are getting so far!

Margaret, It's a counter service restaurant. I planned on calling guest services tomorrow and asking if we can block off a section. This restaurant is two stories and a lot of times they have the upstairs closed except during peak times. My hopes are that they let us have a little space upstairs so we can sit and mingle together. if not, whoever gets there first will have to start reserving tables close to each other.

Did I mention they have an awesome apple dumplin dessert there!?!

Also, spoke with Selen(Merryweather) this afternoon. She was at MK today and said that Guest Services had no idea what she was talking about! They knew of no event at The Diamond Horseshoe. She said that it was posted on ODPT, and they said that they have no idea what ODPT is. She also said that the Trading Post said that they would be selling the pins for the 40th. I had called event services a week ago and they told me the pins would only be sold at The Diamond Horseshoe. I don't know what gives, but I will call tomorrow and try to get someone who knows what they are talking about. Anyone else have any info to share?

Last edited:
Hooray, Samulet! I added you to the list! What is your and Santi's first names?

Last edited:
Sandy, you have to come. I can't believe the response we are getting so far!

Margaret, It's a counter service restaurant. I planned on calling guest services tomorrow and asking if we can block off a section. This restaurant is two stories and a lot of times they have the upstairs closed except during peak times. My hopes are that they let us have a little space upstairs so we can sit and mingle together. if not, whoever gets there first will have to start reserving tables close to each other.

Did I mention they have an awesome apple dumplin dessert there!?!

Also, spoke with Selen(Merryweather) this afternoon. She was at MK today and said that Guest Services had no idea what she was talking about! They knew of no event at The Diamond Horseshoe. She said that it was posted on ODPT, and they said that they have no idea what ODPT is. She also said that the Trading Post said that they would be selling the pins for the 40th. I had called event services a week ago and they told me the pins would only be sold at The Diamond Horseshoe. I don't know what gives, but I will call tomorrow and try to get someone who knows what they are talking about. Anyone else have any info to share?

I'll have the apple dumplin and a coffee please :) Is anyone bringing their pin bags so I know whether or not to load mine up?

I'll also call event services tomorrow since I have several questions about the event. Sure do hope Disney doesn't mess this up in their usual fashion. See everyone there and I'm getting so excited already. Yea, face to face with everyone. Whoo Hoo

i will have my small pin bag in with the bag i use for my camera and every thing else

Called Event Services. They said they didn't know where pins were being sold. Her best guess was to try The Emporium-bwa haa haa!

I'll update if I hear back from Selen or Joni who are both there right now and trying to figure it all out!

When I spoke to event services this morning, I was told that they will be selling them at the Diamond Horseshoe which is now a special events center. She was not sure if they were going to pre-release them at the Room For 1 More event, but she said "you just never know". That instilled a lot of confidence in me. Hopefully someone actually in the park can actually get information.

Margaret, both Joni and Selen have heard different things! Also, don't know much about Vinylmation, but Joni said that there were supposedly supposed to be Vinylmation artists at The Diamond Horseshoe too. Joni is going to Room for 1 More. She is going to text me if the 40th event pins are there! I'll post it here if and when she texts me. I just want my SW and Pluto's!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back