• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
two more sleeps til I get there!!already makes making lists for wants!! anyone who wants to meet before the 1st let me know via email as I will be in the parks wed afternoon/night, thursday and friday going to MNSSHP friday night
i can get emails on my cell

oh no, i was reading all the comments and it seems like the cast members are not very inform, i mean come on, is it that hard to inform workers about events? Good things we all love disney TOO MUCH, or else. lol.

alright, here is my part of the story:
i talked to a very reliable woman who was at the "preview board for ins coming soon" and i was just asking a few little questions and i was like, "oh if there is any of the mystery pin boxes for the room for 1 more event, where will they put them out for sale? at down town or epcot"?
then, that is when she inform me that "IF" there are any left of these mystery boxes(which by the way not sure if some of you know but apparently when you use an neon light on these pins they show a new pattern) they will be only sell at the diamond horseshoe restaurant which will be transform in to a store to celebrate the 40th anniversary, soooo, if it wasn't because of this woman i wouldn't have know about, then when i got home and check in disneypins.com, everything she had said was there. also all the information that i have got from this lady have been always accurate whether is a silly question to a possible surprise release pin. :)

that is my side of the story. :)

Juan, thanks for sharing! I think the pin release will be at Diamond Horseshoe too. The only doubt in my mind is that at The Trading Post they told Selen yesterday that they were selling them there. Maybe they will be at both places?

I posted about our get together on Facebook so some other pin traders can come and meet up with us. If you're not on my Facebook you didn't see it, PM me if you want an add. :)

Ohh my goodness I' soooo jealous! Wish I could be there to join you all. Hope everyone gets the pins they want :)

Judy, I will try to remember my camera!

Make sure you guy are up to date with the wristband info. Keep checking ODPT. I'd hate for any DPF friend to miss out!

Sandy, the more the merrier!

I am sooo very late asking but will anyone be able to pick up an extra pin or two? I am trying to get the pin with Stitch (I think it is the Speedway) and also the Stithc Halloween pin that comes out tomorrow (grave digger). Any one able to help out?

Thanks so much!

Ok, here is the most updated list I have of people who will be meeting up. There have been a few others who have posted that if they are still at MK they will stop by. I think all of you on the list have my cell, so if you can't make it or need help finding us please text. Here's the list:

Katpogo(Katherine)
Merryweather(Selen)
Simbanino(Juan)
Creativeextremeties(Laz)
Swim2sea(Margaret)
Bellecat22(Sandy)
Santi
Samulet
OlesillysymphJ(Jordan)
CMR626(Cassie)
SueZ
Blacksmoke(Joni)
HeatherFeather(Heather)-maybe
Charguy01(Vicki)
Smiele23(Samantha)-maybe

Hope a few others can make it. All are welcome, and if you need more info please send me a pm!

Last edited:
Group pic...
IMG_5379.jpg

Was so nice to meet all of you and had a great time just looking at pins and hanging out with you all. Hope we can get together again soon!

What a great picture!! Everyone looks so happy, looks like a great time was had by all! Names, we need names to go with the faces! :)

Laura "can you come take my family xmas picture please??" lwrn2

Oh man...I am going to do my best to ID...those who were there please correct or help me.

Back row: Juan, Katherine (katpogo), Margaret, Juan (simbanino), Juan's very sweet and handsome boyfriend(help here!), Laz (creativeextremities), Jordan
Front row: Jonni (Blacksmoke), me, Selen (Merryweather) and her little girl?, Greg (gbdb4ever)

Photographer declined to be identified. :)

So how did everyone do with the lines? Here's the report from my parents.

My Dad dropped my Mom off at the light by the Contemporary at 5:05, and then went to park at the TTC. There were about 50 people waiting by the monorails. When someone got a text/phone call, and announced, "There are already 50 people in line at the MK!" The group decided to walk to the MK instead of waiting for transportation. Including at least one person in a wheelchair, and one person with a walker/chair. I bet they were thrilled with the "options" for getting to the MK that early. My Dad saw the group head toward the road, but he took a shortcut he knew behind the Mickey's Gift Station/bus area and so when he got to the road, he didn't see the rest of the group. He said it was not a safe walk, very dark at times, but made it to the MK and my Mom. She was about 60-70th back and in the 2nd "wristband" group.

After all the different line-up stops and starts, and when it was finally their turn to go in the Diamond Horseshoe, they were surprised to find that they didn't have a list of what was available. So it took a very long time for each person to check-out. Also, with some of the merchandise it was hard to find out what the price was. My Mom even asked one of the managers she knew, and she wasn't sure on things. My Dad left my Mom, who was still shopping, to go try and watch the ceremony at the Castle, but he was far back and said the speaker quality wasn't very good. Got some pics, but it was hard to hear what was going on.

They got everything they went after, and were very happy to find the pieces from the "Room for 1 More" still available. My Dad was very excited to get the Hat box ghost. But they just shake their heads at the logistics. We had all gone to Disneyland for the 50th, and that was crazy, but Disneyland did everything right. Everything, was as efficient as you could expect, and info was easily available.

aw man :c me and Samulet were there at 2 but we didn't know to start asking people, and I forgot to put katpogo's number on my cell :C

I had a great time! Good meeting everyone!

The whole merchandise process and waiting was useless. After the DPF meet, we went over to the Diamond Horseshoe about 4:30 and only waited about 5 mins to get in. They still had EVERYTHING!!!! (except the Le60 vinyls)
So we were all able to get what we wanted without the crazy hours in line.

Oh and the special fireworks weren't special. It was just a normal Wishes with some perimeter shots during the show (Tink didn't even fly). No mention of 40th or anything extra.

I had a great time! Good meeting everyone!

The whole merchandise process and waiting was useless. After the DPF meet, we went over to the Diamond Horseshoe about 4:30 and only waited about 5 mins to get in. They still had EVERYTHING!!!! (except the Le60 vinyls)
So we were all able to get what we wanted without the crazy hours in line.

Oh and the special fireworks weren't special. It was just a normal Wishes with some perimeter shots during the show (Tink didn't even fly). No mention of 40th or anything extra.

I hear Br'er Bird going "cheap cheap cheap"

Heard that they are not going to leave the Horseshoe building open beyond Saturday 10/1 and that all the stuff is going to go out to the regular pin stores?? Any truth to this??

Mike S.

Heard that they are not going to leave the Horseshoe building open beyond Saturday 10/1 and that all the stuff is going to go out to the regular pin stores?? Any truth to this??

Mike S.

They moved everything over to the Trading Post and Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom this morning.

I will post my experiences with being down in Disney for the 40th event later tonight.

Last edited:
Group pic...
IMG_5379.jpg

Was so nice to meet all of you and had a great time just looking at pins and hanging out with you all. Hope we can get together again soon!
I am sad I missed it. I was only in the park a for 2 hours. The line was an hour long. A lot of people are mad at how Disney handled it.

You totally should have come by. When I got into the park at like 1 pm there was a huge line to get in so I just moved on and went and rode the Haunted Mansion. After hanging out with the group and going back to the Horseshoe with the group around 4'ish we waited maybe 5 min, got in, and there were plenty of all the pins left.

Yes A LOT of people are angry about how everything was handled (including me). Many situations were created that favored certain people. For example, some people who stayed on property had trouble getting to MK due to transportation issues. I tried calling a taxi and they were all being used (had to wait 45 minutes). The wristbands were all given out by 7am and the CM were very rude about telling people. They often argued with guests about things.

People who did no receive a wristband were allowed to line up to go in after 12pm. They would often close the line telling people no one else would be allowed in for the rest of the day. I returned on 3 separate occasions to see new people on line only to find out that the lines were closed AGAIN. On the second occasion I asked a cast member if I should stay in case the line opened again and they said "no it will definitely not be re-opened." I walked by about 20 minutes later to see new people waiting to get inside.

I spoke with several supervisors as well as guest relations and they asked if anyone who attended had any negative experiences or any suggestions for making to process smoother to please email or write a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back