• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an event ? - 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Yes A LOT of people are angry about how everything was handled (including me). Many situations were created that favored certain people. For example, some people who stayed on property had trouble getting to MK due to transportation issues. I tried calling a taxi and they were all being used (had to wait 45 minutes). The wristbands were all given out by 7am and the CM were very rude about telling people. They often argued with guests about things.

People who did no receive a wristband were allowed to line up to go in after 12pm. They would often close the line telling people no one else would be allowed in for the rest of the day. I returned on 3 separate occasions to see new people on line only to find out that the lines were closed AGAIN. On the second occasion I asked a cast member if I should stay in case the line opened again and they said "no it will definitely not be re-opened." I walked by about 20 minutes later to see new people waiting to get inside.

Wow! This was entirely my experience too. I started asking around the day I arrived there, on 09/24. Nobody knew anything, nobody could tell anything. CMs kept telling me "I don't know about pins, but there will be special fireworks"

I came home yesterday without a single 40th anniversary pin. It was soo close, yet so far. Now, I am at the mercy of Ebay re-sellers.

At 4pm a group of us entered the same store and the were far from sold out of everything! it seems they haddent brought everything out or found boxes of all the stuff? idk but they still had everything when we all went in there! Including the framed sets! :/

At 4pm a group of us entered the same store and the were far from sold out of everything! it seems they haddent brought everything out or found boxes of all the stuff? idk but they still had everything when we all went in there! Including the framed sets! :/

That is what I heard from multiple people. What really makes me angry is CM around the park were telling people that everything was picked over and that most things were sold out by 11am.

Wow! This was entirely my experience too. I started asking around the day I arrived there, on 09/24. Nobody knew anything, nobody could tell anything. CMs kept telling me "I don't know about pins, but there will be special fireworks"

I came home yesterday without a single 40th anniversary pin. It was soo close, yet so far. Now, I am at the mercy of Ebay re-sellers.

I know the concierge at Port Orleans said that there were no special pins being sold when I asked on the 28th. I explained the wristband stuff to them and said it was on the what's happining blog and they told me "never believe what a blog tells you."

Oh and to add salt to the wound guest relations at MK gave me 1 fast pass as an apology for waiting for the pins all day and not getting any....guess that fixed everything!!!

As far as the "special fireworks"...they were a joke!! There was no tinker bell and it was Wishes with a couple extra side works. I can't believe I extended my vacation a day in order to attend this event...so disappointed in everything.

Last edited:

yeah, everything was available(except for some of the low LE vinylmations) when we went with Lazarro to see what we could buy. i felt bad for the people who waited HOURS to get their pins, i mean we seriously we waited as most 10 minutes to get it.

i know the i was there pin sold out sunday afternoon.

Oh and to add salt to the wound guest relations at MK gave me 1 fast pass as an apology for waiting for the pins all day and not getting any....guess that fixed everything!!!

As far as the "special fireworks"...they were a joke!! There was no tinker bell and it was Wishes with a couple extra side works. I can't believe I extended my vacation a day in order to attend this event...so disappointed in everything.

So sorry to hear all this, I am exactly in the same boat. Everyone was so clueless and all they pointed out was the fireworks. It was good but not so special and I have no idea why they left Tink out.

I wish I had stayed with the DPF group in Columbia House and then went to Diamond Horseshoe instead of going to Boma to stuff my face :(

So sorry to hear all this, I am exactly in the same boat. Everyone was so clueless and all they pointed out was the fireworks. It was good but not so special and I have no idea why they left Tink out.

I wish I had stayed with the DPF group in Columbia House and then went to Diamond Horseshoe instead of going to Boma to stuff my face :(

Well all the supervisors I talked to at the Diamond Horseshoe said that I really needed to send an email and encourage anyone who had similar experiences to email or send a letter so that they can improve the process for next time. I am currently putting mine together...will post it when I am finished.

Well all the supervisors I talked to at the Diamond Horseshoe said that I really needed to send an email and encourage anyone who had similar experiences to email or send a letter so that they can improve the process for next time. I am currently putting mine together...will post it when I am finished.

Did they tell you where to send the email? Could you pm me with the info. Thanks! I definitely want to put my two cents in.

There were so many crazy stories. I really think that by them distributing wristbands it created a frenzy that probably would not have happened if they just let people show up and purchase pins as they got there. They should have continued selling them all day until they were sold out. They told me that at 12:00 the general public who did not get wristbands would be allowed to purchase pins. This didn't happen and many people were told there was no merchandise left and went on with their day not knowing that later they would have been able to purchase pins because there was a lot of merchandise left. Then to hear others say that at 4:00 they were able to get pins really makes me crazy. The cast members were completely uninformed about this event, including those at guest services and event services. Not only were they giving out incorrect information, most had no clue that there even was an event. I was very fortunate that someone I know got a wristband and helped me with some pins, but I know so many others not as lucky. Someone I know got up early made it all the way to the monorail and then got trapped because the doors wouldn't work properly. She missed out on a wristband as did the others who were stuck. The crazy stories go on and on....

It was nice to meet everyone that came!

Last edited:
a lot of people were mad at it. I just laughed that I waited an hour for pins I could get the next day in 5 min. That includes the room for one more event pin I got. Atleast I was in a goofd spot for the parade.

It was very nice meeting everyone that came to the meet. Thank you HeatherFeather for the Tinker Bell Pins!!! :) Everyone was very nice and friendly. Great idea!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back