• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there Pin Trading at D23 Expo? Trading with con staff? Walls of pins for trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there Pin Trading at D23 Expo? Trading with con staff? Walls of pins for trading?

TornadoTitan

Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First time going to D23 Expo and now that I am hooked on pin trading and haven't done any in person since my WDW trip last year, would like to know if there are pin trading events at D23? Trying to find videos and information about it, I do see there is a pin trading area, but are there Expo specific pin events? Is there a similar system with trading with expo staff like there is cast members? Any walls of pins we can trade off of? Also if you are going let me know so I can meet up and say hi.

I can't speak for this year, in past years there has been a small area set aside for folks to come and trade pins. That's it. There are lots of vendors with walls of pins for sale. But the trading is pretty minor. No cast lanyards.
I am not attending the Expo, but I'm thinking of coming by on Saturday to hang around just outside of the convention center :3

I'll be at the Expo on Sunday! (And in/around Anaheim the rest of the weekend, too.) As for pin events/cast member trading, I don't recall seeing anything like that during the 2015 Expo, though I heard they're setting up the guest pin trading area again this year.

I can't speak for this year, in past years there has been a small area set aside for folks to come and trade pins. That's it. There are lots of vendors with walls of pins for sale. But the trading is pretty minor. No cast lanyards.
I am not attending the Expo, but I'm thinking of coming by on Saturday to hang around just outside of the convention center :3

Ah okay, I assumed there would be a cast lanyard thing, that would be cool. Just outside the con center to see the attendees?

I'll be at the Expo on Sunday! (And in/around Anaheim the rest of the weekend, too.) As for pin events/cast member trading, I don't recall seeing anything like that during the 2015 Expo, though I heard they're setting up the guest pin trading area again this year.

I will check out the guest pin trading area then. Maybe I will bump into you on Sunday.

The ACC is part of Anaheim city government, so the ACC staff are not Disney cast members and obviously not required to trade or have lanyards. D23 Expo workers are mostly volunteers, who are working outside of their regular Disney jobs. Hence, no lanyards or trading pins provided by the Disney Parks.

Ah okay, I assumed there would be a cast lanyard thing, that would be cool. Just outside the con center to see the attendees?

Yep! Figured I could get lunch with some friends, and see the cosplayers! I'm thinking of bringing my pin bag, since there's places to sit, maybe people will stop and trade as they walk by.

There is a pin trading area across from the MOG store. right on the corner. nothing huge but it had a decent amount of people there Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back