• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this a counterfeit???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a counterfeit???

wmcdow

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I bought this for $4 and free shipping...so I won't be absolutely heartbroken if this turns out to be fake. It's an LE 1500 and Artist Choice. The only thing I notice different on the PP version and mine is my Artist Choice "stamp" isn't all silver like the picture:

[pinpics]50893[/pinpics]

View attachment 4338
View attachment 4339

What do you think? Fake?

Its a beautiful pin!! I hope it's not fake!! I wish we dont have to deal with counterfeits....so aggravating!!

I don't think it's a fake. This is a pin-on-pin, which is usually "too costly" for the counterfeiters to reproduce. Since your pin came on a card, does the SKU match the one given in Pinpics? Don't be too concerned about the good deal. Robin Hood is not as popular as other characters, so there might not have been another collector on Ebay when this auction closed, and with a low starting bid, you were able to snatch it up.

I don't think it's a fake. This is a pin-on-pin, which is usually "too costly" for the counterfeiters to reproduce. Since your pin came on a card, does the SKU match the one given in Pinpics? Don't be too concerned about the good deal. Robin Hood is not as popular as other characters, so there might not have been another collector on Ebay when this auction closed, and with a low starting bid, you were able to snatch it up.

Yeah, I agree with Hope about them being too costly. For more info, check out Dan's post about fakes and scrappers here:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?205-Scrappers-Vs.-Counterfiets-%28and-how-to-tell%29
And you can take a look at this thing I made with input from Dan, Hope, and quite a few others that my wife and I hand out at the parks:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1591-Check-this-pamphlet-out-suggest-changes-edits-etc.-UPDATED-WITH-LINKS!!!

It looks real to me. It seems like your main concern was over the backstamp on the pin. I have noticed that there are several different types of backstamps on Disney pins. It would be nice to be able to see pictures of all of the different types of backstamps on authentic Disney pins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back